90 replies to this topic

#16 D-Bomb

D-Bomb

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 08:26 AM

I just can't even fathom how serious this is. One minute she's fine, then this but. Bad night and anxiety or is this the track she's currently on? Clearly abusing something is how she still deals with her emotions but I don't know if that puts her back into an dysfunctional addict category.

#17 pearljo

pearljo

♪♫♫ vaginal bleeding

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,242 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 09:04 AM

Clearly abusing something is how she still deals with her emotions but I don't know if that puts her back into an dysfunctional addict category.

amy is the poster child for dysfunctional addiction/alcoholism. she's never left that catagory unfortunately. shit, she almost killed herself, what, twice. if she doesn't embrace recovery and learn how to truly function with humility, she'll be dead. just a question of when. she has to let people in. she has to say the magic words..I need help.
  • Love is a losing game likes this

#18 D-Bomb

D-Bomb

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 09:42 AM

I really believe(d) she was fine for awhile. Does that not count for something?

#19 Mama_Haze

Mama_Haze

Hazy Lady

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,402 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 10:00 AM

I just can't even fathom how serious this is. One minute she's fine, then this but. Bad night and anxiety or is this the track she's currently on? Clearly abusing something is how she still deals with her emotions but I don't know if that puts her back into an dysfunctional addict category.

Such is the nature of addiction. I have been where she is, and I was about the age she is now when I started to get my shit together. I'm praying for her - there is ALWAYS hope.

I don't like to speculate too much, but if she is, as has been discussed, a borderline personality, this incident will give her a heightened sense of 'abandonment', and things could get very messy before they begin to improve.

I wish her well, obviously, and I don't blame Ray - he's a businessman, all said and done. We all have to eat.

I want to shake her cos it's like looking in a six year old mirror..... but the penny does drop eventually, for most of us.

This could make or break her..... Let's hope it's the former.

#20 Mama_Haze

Mama_Haze

Hazy Lady

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,402 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 10:07 AM

Nobody LIKES asking or help. I know I didn't. Trust me, if I can clean my shit up, Amy definitely can. My attitude was out of control.

She thinks she is stubborn? Not a bit of it. I was unbudgeable, and I still am. I am not doing anything I don't want to do.... and that is what is so essential..... she now has to WANT to do it.

Once you want to do it, you turn all that stubborness and 'fuck you, I do what I want' onto yourself, and clean up, damnit, cos I CAN and I WILL show you all! It can be a useful tool, to be headstrong.

#21 pearljo

pearljo

♪♫♫ vaginal bleeding

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,242 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 10:24 AM

addiction is funny. people will say they only drink on weekends so they don't have a problem. but it's not how often or how much you drink(although for most people it escalates big time)but it's why you drink. it's how much you long for the weekend so you can have drinks, thus you're having fun.
my mom was a low bottom alcoholic. i remember as young as 10yo, saying she's going to die. but i had an aunt that sipped on beer morning to night but she wasn't an alcoholic.
i bet most people here have heard someone say, i'm not an alcoholic-i just drink beer now instead of hard liquor. or, i quit for a month so i don't have a problem.
my friends in aa say it's not the alcohol that gets you, it's the 'ism' recovering alcoholics can be very funny.
i've mentioned my mother too much here so i've got to say that she did get sober and had 18 years sober when she died at 73. i was so very proud of her. i can't write this without breaking down. alcoholism devastates families friends relationships and an alcoholic will say, i'm just hurting myself, why should i care?
this subject is too close and too painful still and i'm old as dirt. jesus

#22 Mama_Haze

Mama_Haze

Hazy Lady

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,402 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 10:38 AM

Your mum sounds like a strong and inspirational lady <3

My dad, sadly, never ditched his habits. He always claimed to not have a problem but when alcohol (or whatever else) can make you so aggressive and confrontational, it has to be time to stop, right?

He smoked himself to death aged 66, and I vowed I would never let that happen to me. There's the stubborness, you see :) I make it work for me these days... I won't let booze ever be the boss of me again.

#23 pearljo

pearljo

♪♫♫ vaginal bleeding

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,242 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 11:09 AM

my mom did alright but goddamn she was a mess. i think i had ptsd growing up and taking care of her. many, many falls. lots of blood. an OD. i was fucking 13, 14 yo. by myself.
i know the reason i've stayed single my whole life. i never learned to let anyone get that close. i operated on pure fear of going through it again. it really affected me at the deepest level of my soul.
my 1st therapist, who i loved, said phil, you're not married because you were married at 10 yo. it was rough but we were very close when she got it together. she became a very close friend.

#24 pearljo

pearljo

♪♫♫ vaginal bleeding

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,242 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 11:18 AM

sorry, kind of veered way the hell off topic here.

#25 pearljo

pearljo

♪♫♫ vaginal bleeding

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,242 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 12:09 PM

what if this sun story is half bs. has anyone seen it from another source? i mean it sounds right but who knows.

#26 Alan48

Alan48

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,607 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 12:26 PM

BBC:

Amy Winehouse has cancelled all her scheduled shows on her European tour, her spokesman has confirmed.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/13859224
I don't see why she can't get new management. Or is slavery legal in the UK?

Edit: Cancelling the tour is a good idea, but I don't see how Raye can determine what she does "for years".

Edited by Alan48, 21 June 2011 - 12:32 PM.

#27 pearljo

pearljo

♪♫♫ vaginal bleeding

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,242 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 01:00 PM

zalon facebook post 30 minutes ago

Zalon Thompson
I'm Broken : (

#28 pearljo

pearljo

♪♫♫ vaginal bleeding

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,242 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 01:06 PM

Cancelling the tour is a good idea, but I don't see how Raye can determine what she does "for years".

did any other news source say for years? i just looked at one and it didn't say that. i'm thinking the sun embellished(i'm sorry...lied) about that and that's the part that's got me and many others so upset.
i'd love to fire a laser guided missle to those pricks headquarters. god knows we americans love to kill people. :(

#29 catouplik

catouplik

Help yourself

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 670 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 01:16 PM

I do wish all the best to Amy, but why is she always trying back over and over to do these shows when she isn't ready. This is when I stop to have empathy for the girl. She needs to think about the fans and everybody working their ass for her. In the end, she is an adult. All of us have to deal with many stresses, illnesses and grief...but we, for most of us, are not rich and followed by doctors and babysitters. We have to deal with the real life the best way we can. That's all I expect from Amy. To have respect for the fans, and maybe that could be a first step to have respect for herself.

ps. : sorry if this sound a bit rough, but I have to deal with health issues these days and continue to work my ass to stay positive, etc.. Amy is still lucky to have all these people around her. She should see that and be grateful. Most of us can't even afford all the services she gets.

#30 pearljo

pearljo

♪♫♫ vaginal bleeding

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,242 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 01:46 PM

i was pissed off at amy, too but as i thought back on addicts i've known i've come back to her corner. none of us know who's pulling the strings on these bookings or what kind of shit goes on.
in general, even though alcoholism is a disease it's human nature to be pissed at them and want to set them straight. but in a strictly medical sense, it's like yelling at a family member because they have cancer. the only difference in the 2 diseases is perception.
ps...i reserve the right to get pissed at her at any time. :)
  • Love is a losing game likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users