90 replies to this topic

#31 catouplik

catouplik

Help yourself

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 670 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 02:17 PM

^Yeah, i'm pissed off, but not because she is not getting better, but because she is- or was- trying to continue like if she was "in control" with her addictions. Having this tour and many previous shows in the past years that were a big mess. Concerning who's pulling the strings, I say she is the artist, she should be the one to decide in the end. If she's not, then it's her fault to let it happen this way. Again, if that's so, she's playing the victim. If she was a teenager idol like Bieber or even Britney who was like a puppet since a young age, I would be very understanding of her situation. But Amy is getting close to her thirties. She should at least see how she is not ok to carry on with a career like this.

On the other hand, as a fan, I have no right to judge her personal life choices. I actually feel sad for her and her family. I'm just frustrated regarding her career choices, to see that she doesn't seem to learn from previous experiences. I do hope the whole tour is cancelled. She needs to realize what's going on with her and that there are consequences to her fails.

#32 pearljo

pearljo

♪♫♫ vaginal bleeding

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,242 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 02:24 PM

maybe i don't know what i'm talking about. i guess..i guess i really don't know. it's so hard to deal with a knucklehead like amy.
sometimes i like to think i know this territory but i'm angry and perplexed just like everyone.
most of all, i'm hurt. i don't want these things to happen anymore. it's like someone wave a magic wand and make it all ok. but that won't happen. it's just sad.
  • Love is a losing game likes this

#33 pearljo

pearljo

♪♫♫ vaginal bleeding

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,242 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 02:34 PM

sorry i'm posting a lot and barely making sense in my mind. i wanted to add one thing.

part of this awful situation with amy and my reaction to it is selfish. i'm not shy around people i know about how i feel about our girl and i so much want her to make us all proud. i want to be able to say, told you so! but i can't do that today. i hope someday i will.
bedtime

#34 catouplik

catouplik

Help yourself

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 670 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 02:35 PM

^Amy can afford to take the time she needs to get better. Everybody, including the fans, will understand the wait. I prefer to see Amy doing what ever is needed for her recovery and have no album and no shows then to go through another mess like this. Even stop the whole career if that's what it takes. And then, in 10 years from now, Amy would maybe come back in small clubs with new materiel, living a more simple life, away from the paps and the charts. Just good music in good company. How does that sounds?:-S:)

#35 cherry

cherry

Noob

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 02:45 PM

hmm 10 years sounds long, very long, but the other part with a healty amy in small pup`s sounds good;-)
damn that my english is not good enough to tell what i feel

#36 catouplik

catouplik

Help yourself

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 670 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 02:52 PM

^I think I can relate cherry... I try to manage in english, but i mainly speak in french. Congrats. to all the fans speaking different languages, and from all around the world!

#37 Jayne

Jayne

Never miss a night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,943 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 03:10 PM

Zalon has just posted a video here:

http://www.zalononline.com/

youtube link:

Jayne, proud to be a member of Amy Winehouse Forum since Jul 2007.

#38 Rockesquirrel

Rockesquirrel

I'm cuddly, bitch! Deal with it!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,998 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 03:27 PM

One week in rehab wasn't enough for her. Another poster stated that it was ridiculous for her to go on stage so early. The golden goose can't lay eggs when it's not healthy............
In this life, we each create our own heaven and hell. (Conversation overhead on the bus)

- 8-/

#39 Muchloveria

Muchloveria

...or bouffant on it's curl...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,476 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 03:42 PM

i cant believe its true. i can't believe she is retired. this is awful.

Amy’s remaining eleven European tour dates have all been cancelled, with her rep stating: “Amy Winehouse is withdrawing from all scheduled performances. Everyone involved wishes to do everything they can to help her return to her best and she will be given as long as it takes for this to happen.”

so upset. i am just a mess to be honest. i love this woman so much and look up to her so much...and the fact that she wont be around anymore makes me feel bewildered and devastated. i just can't believe this. i don't want to have to realize its over...
tumblr_lfcaafF1LO1qc41muo1_500.giftumblr_ld3ynhqfW91qabdjm.gif
"...behavioral patterns that stick over the years..."

amyjademermaid.tumblr.com

#40 Amanda

Amanda

Love is blind

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,038 posts
  • LocationIreland

Posted 21 June 2011 - 04:04 PM

As sad as it is to say, it is the only thing to be done! How painful it has been to look at them video's I can't even put in2 words, and it would tear me apart to ever see her like that again! I pray for a happy healthy Amy, and look forward to the day that I can sit down with my boys and proudly listen to a new cd or watch a new live show, and once more be loud and proud of the fact that yes I adore Amy Winehouse!! As long as it takes, I will be here waiting!!....
Posted Image

#41 D-Bomb

D-Bomb

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 05:33 PM

For those of you who have been there, whats it like to look back and see how much time you wasted? I feel like 6 years have gone by, and more or less, she's in the same place except less productive.

I keep harping about the album but its more so the time- you don't get these years back. I wonder if it'll be oh look what I did at 23, now I'm 30, ok and just going in circles in between. I mean she started another album in 2008 and here we are. Its frustrating to watch from a computer screen but I have no idea what her perspective is or will be.

And just my luck, Adele got sick and me and cancelled and my most anticipated album and artist of the year is gone now. June, I don't like you.

Edited by D-Bomb, 21 June 2011 - 05:36 PM.

#42 Iulian

Iulian

against, not cause I believe it. just fun

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,856 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 05:57 PM

What can I say, I really hope, just like you, guys, that she'll make it through. I don't want the end for the singer Amy Winehouse to be "...and she had to cancel the rest of the shows".

#43 veronika

veronika

What's inside her never dies

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,086 posts
  • LocationMéxico

Posted 21 June 2011 - 06:25 PM

damn that my english is not good enough to tell what i feel

I remember not being able to write a post without re-writing it for at least an hour lol. my english (writing) has improved thanks to the forum, i'll thank Amy for that, i guess!
Posted Image

#44 pearljo

pearljo

♪♫♫ vaginal bleeding

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,242 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 06:41 PM

i'll try to find a vid someone posted on fb. it's a cool song, a spoof, about how english sounds to non-english speakers and it's so funny. i'll see if i can find it.

#45 pearljo

pearljo

♪♫♫ vaginal bleeding

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,242 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 06:51 PM

ok, posted under other artist thread. i'm not sure how they pulled this off but it's pretty funny

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users