Photo
- - - - -

Does anyone have Facebook so I can talk to someone about this?

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#16 AlabamaGirl2007

AlabamaGirl2007

You Know I'm No Good

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 256 posts

Posted 24 July 2011 - 12:55 AM

I feel the same way. :( This is just so awful. I have no words. There is no one else out there like her. Not even vocally but personality-wise. She was so funny!! And sweet to people. So family focused, too, and always was there for her friends...just a very unique soul...someone who deserved to be here for a long, long time. I know some may be upset when I write this but please bear in mind that all of us aren't doing well today...I just feel a lot of anger toward Blake. I just hate that they even met. Sorry.

#17 what'sinsideher

what'sinsideher

What's inside her never dies

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 477 posts

Posted 24 July 2011 - 12:55 AM

I've never in my life been so emotionally attached to an artist as I was with Amy. I always felt I knew her,got her. There's a hole in my heart already where my girl used to be. A part of me is simply missing. It's died today.

Exactly this. I know exactly what you're saying. I just connected with her in a different way, I felt like I understood her through it all. And I'm sure it's crazy, but I always have felt like if I knew her, I could help her. But it's exactly what you said, a part of us all died with her. It hurts so much.

It's just still so unreal, isn't it? I think I'm still in shock.

#18 suestev07

suestev07

injured butterfly is so talented, it hurts

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,557 posts

Posted 24 July 2011 - 12:56 AM

I know I keep asking the same question but do you think we will ever get over it? It is so raw right now. I just cried to my boyfriend about it and I feel bad because he just had surgery. UGH...

You will never get over it, but it won't hurt as much.
\"it was as if all the emotions in the universe suddenly were coming out of her mouth.\" --Entertainment Weekly music critic Chris Willman.

"It's open-heart surgery set to music" - Sunday Herald article by Peter Ross Jan 7/07

"Be kinder than necessary...because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle." - Anon.

#19 Mama_Haze

Mama_Haze

Hazy Lady

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,402 posts

Posted 24 July 2011 - 12:59 AM

I always felt a kinship with Amy, because I saw a lot of myself in her. A few years ago I went through a lot of the same things (though not to the same extent), and I prayed she would just have that epiphany one day like I did. I even told her as much.

I still feel very numb and surreal.... it will hit later I think, but it's all just.... very wrong.

#20 AlabamaGirl2007

AlabamaGirl2007

You Know I'm No Good

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 256 posts

Posted 24 July 2011 - 12:59 AM

I will be in shock a long while. I tried to listen to Back to Black today and I just started crying...this is just so heartbreaking....

#21 what'sinsideher

what'sinsideher

What's inside her never dies

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 477 posts

Posted 24 July 2011 - 01:00 AM

I listened to a few songs earlier and had a good cry. Sometimes you just have to. "Tears Dry On Their Own" and "Love is a Losing Game" hit the hardest for me.

#22 AlabamaGirl2007

AlabamaGirl2007

You Know I'm No Good

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 256 posts

Posted 24 July 2011 - 01:03 AM

I agree with you, I went through a similar situation, and Back to Black was THAT album that got me through it. I fell head over heals for a boy and it just didn't work out...he went back to another girl...and I totally related to Amy and her situation with Blake to a much lesser extent because my Blake wasn't an addict. But I went through a major mourning period so to speak with not being with this boy. Later, I, too, called this boy up...a couple of years later...and we both fell in love. Have been together since...in fact, he's laying in this bed as I speak. The Back to Black album will ALWAYS remind me of that time where I was desperately pining for this boy that I fell in love with...the feeling of loneliness. You really got the distinct feeling that Miss Amy had NEVER before felt the level of love she had felt for the guy she was singing the songs off the album about...I will never, ever forget those feelings I felt while listening to the album. Those feelings of understanding her situation...that kinship. To this day, Back to Black is my karaoke song (I love, love karaoke) to the point that my boyfriend has told me to find a new song to sing. I refuse every time! It is my staple. That song is what got me through my situation, knowing that this wonderful lady out there had been through it.

It is so unfortunate how their relationship eventually transpired. It could have been very sweet...a reunion with the one she so loved...but ended so poorly. It is just so fucking sad.

#23 Winehousedrunk

Winehousedrunk

The sky above, a blaze that only lovers see..

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,755 posts

Posted 24 July 2011 - 01:10 AM

I will even give my number out, I don't care. I just need to talk to someone. This is so overwhelmingly sad.

I'm with you... this is overwhelmingly sad. Hope you found someone to talk to. Strength and love.
Amy Winehouse died, and she's taken a part of my soul with her. May that part be the love that I felt for her, and may the love that I still feel for her be the undying part of us both.

#24 Winehousedrunk

Winehousedrunk

The sky above, a blaze that only lovers see..

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,755 posts

Posted 24 July 2011 - 01:19 AM

I feel the same way. :( This is just so awful. I have no words. There is no one else out there like her. Not even vocally but personality-wise. She was so funny!! And sweet to people. So family focused, too, and always was there for her friends...just a very unique soul...someone who deserved to be here for a long, long time. I know some may be upset when I write this but please bear in mind that all of us aren't doing well today...

Mentioning the good things, which you do so movingly, is definitely a way of honouring her, and coping with our loss, though the feeling of loss is still overwhelming, but that honours Amy as well.
Amy Winehouse died, and she's taken a part of my soul with her. May that part be the love that I felt for her, and may the love that I still feel for her be the undying part of us both.

#25 suestev07

suestev07

injured butterfly is so talented, it hurts

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,557 posts

Posted 24 July 2011 - 01:20 AM

I know I keep asking the same question but do you think we will ever get over it? It is so raw right now. I just cried to my boyfriend about it and I feel bad because he just had surgery. UGH...

From the movie, The Rabbit Hole:

• "Becca: Does it ever go away?
    Nat: No, I don't think it does. Not for me, it hasn't - has gone on for eleven years. But it changes though. " Rabbit Hole
  • "Nat: I don't know... the weight of it, I guess. At some point, it becomes bearable. It turns into something that you can crawl out from under and... carry around like a brick in your pocket. And you... you even forget it, for a while. But then you reach in for whatever reason and - there it is. " Rabbit Hole
  • "Nat: not that you'd like it exactly, but it's what you've got instead of your son. (insert "Amy" here) So, you carry it around. And uh... it doesn't go away. Which is...
    Becca: Which is what?
    Nat: Fine, actually. " Rabbit Hole
  • "Becca: And then what?
    Howie: I don't know... Something though. " Rabbit Hole

\"it was as if all the emotions in the universe suddenly were coming out of her mouth.\" --Entertainment Weekly music critic Chris Willman.

"It's open-heart surgery set to music" - Sunday Herald article by Peter Ross Jan 7/07

"Be kinder than necessary...because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle." - Anon.

#26 amyfanatic

amyfanatic

If I was my heart,I'd rather be restless.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,933 posts

Posted 24 July 2011 - 01:26 AM

Exactly this. I know exactly what you're saying. I just connected with her in a different way, I felt like I understood her through it all. And I'm sure it's crazy, but I always have felt like if I knew her, I could help her. But it's exactly what you said, a part of us all died with her. It hurts so much.

It's just still so unreal, isn't it? I think I'm still in shock.

It's unreal and it feels fucking unreal as well. It's like this isn't happening and I'm seriously acting it's happening to torture myself for no reason. My dad is like "Face up to it". Seriously...face up to what? A reality that doesn't feel real? I want to get some sleep only to convince myself this is a nightmare. I swear I've started thinking I'm losing it here...I'm seriously losing it.
Posted Image

"I don`t listen to anyone...except my inner child anyway."

Amy.J.Winehouse.

#27 Iulian

Iulian

against, not cause I believe it. just fun

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,856 posts

Posted 24 July 2011 - 05:48 AM

"Tears Dry On Their Own" and "Love is a Losing Game" hit the hardest for me.

I listened to the album again, well tried to, and I had to stop LIALG.. It's like yesterday changed the meaning of it :(

#28 amyfanatic

amyfanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,933 posts

Posted 24 July 2011 - 09:45 AM

I can't listen to Wake up Alone,B2B,Love is a Losing Game & Some Unholy War. I just can't.
Posted Image

Amy.J.Winehouse.

#29 MakeMyWorldGoAround

MakeMyWorldGoAround

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 24 July 2011 - 09:53 AM

I can't listen to Wake up Alone,B2B,Love is a Losing Game & Some Unholy War. I just can't.

add "will you still love me tomorrow" and "To Know Him Is To Love Him".

#30 amyfanatic

amyfanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,933 posts

Posted 24 July 2011 - 10:07 AM

and "There is no greater love","You sent me flying".
Especially You sent me flying,it's the song she had said always hurt her in a profound way. God...
Posted Image

Amy.J.Winehouse.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users