188 replies to this topic

#1 Mama_Haze

Mama_Haze

Hazy Lady

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,402 posts

Posted 25 July 2011 - 09:04 PM

Just thought those of us considering it could use a place to brainstorm it and share ideas and whatnot :)
  • HermanLiela likes this

#2 amyfanatic

amyfanatic

If I was my heart,I'd rather be restless.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,933 posts

Posted 25 July 2011 - 09:08 PM

So if i'm doing the hearts (which I will be doing),I need to know from those of you who have had a tat before...how much does it hurt? Fucking cliche question & I know it differs from person to person,obviously (& on the size of the tat)...but could anyone describe their personal experience on it?
Posted Image

"I don`t listen to anyone...except my inner child anyway."

Amy.J.Winehouse.

#3 Mama_Haze

Mama_Haze

Hazy Lady

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,402 posts

Posted 25 July 2011 - 09:16 PM

Depends where you have it on your body, but arms are not that painful at all. Just my experience obviously. I won't lie and say it's pain-free, but it's not a really unpleasant pain.

Have you ever used a Slendertone type machine? I think it feels a lot like that cranked up high, lol :) A bit scratchy/burny, but probably won't be as bad as you expect - I know mine weren't :)

#4 Amanda

Amanda

Love is blind

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,038 posts
  • LocationIreland

Posted 25 July 2011 - 09:16 PM

I'v 3 and yes they are sore, but not unbearable!! More uncomfortable! It is an addicting pain!! As soon as the news of Amys death sank in the first thing I said is "Tattoo"..
Posted Image

#5 Amanda

Amanda

Love is blind

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,038 posts
  • LocationIreland

Posted 25 July 2011 - 09:20 PM

I think i might get the Rolling Stones cover with birth and death dates...... Still considering..
Posted Image

#6 what'sinsideher

what'sinsideher

What's inside her never dies

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 477 posts

Posted 25 July 2011 - 09:23 PM

I had thought about getting "tears dry on their own" down the inside of my middle finger but now I'm starting to think the little hearts might be a better option. Just a sweet little reminder of her.

"Anyone who sings a tune so sweet is passin' by..."

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#7 Lainey

Lainey

Just Friends

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,692 posts

Posted 25 July 2011 - 09:39 PM

Well since I joined the forum, I thought about getting the ace of hearts that she had tattooed on her finger. I wouldn't have it done on my finger - somewhere else. The 'A' would be for Amy, of course, and it would be the same size as hers, so just a tiny one.

#8 Moody's Mood

Moody's Mood

You sent me flying

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,118 posts

Posted 25 July 2011 - 09:53 PM

I always had this idea for a tattoo, but since I'm probably never going to get it myself I guess I can post it here..

My idea was to get a copy of Amy's Cynthia tattoo, except that it wouldn't be a tattoo of Cynthia, but of Amy.
What is your greatest fear?
Amy: "Dying old or never meeting Tony Bennett; if I never get to meet him, I might as well be dead."

#9 Divine_Comedy

Divine_Comedy

Lost is just what can't be seen.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 203 posts

Posted 25 July 2011 - 11:00 PM

I have one on my shoulder and on my upper back. Must say getting a tattoo on the spine was not all too pleasant, but it's not unbearable. Depends on your sensitivity my sister got the side of her stomach done and was tearing up. I love the heart idea for those who don't want to go too big. I just don't know where to put another tat. Even a tat of eyeliner and lipstick would work! She was so impressionable.
  • Mi1mi likes this

*and if what calls itself a world should
have the luck to hear such singing*

http://www.amywinehouseforum.co.uk/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1716&dateline=1327218895

#10 Mama_Haze

Mama_Haze

Hazy Lady

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,402 posts

Posted 25 July 2011 - 11:24 PM

I'll post some pics tomorrow, I've seen a few pieces about that would work as tats. I'm considering having her as a pin-up, maybe in a star or with a scroll or something...

#11 amyfanatic

amyfanatic

If I was my heart,I'd rather be restless.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,933 posts

Posted 25 July 2011 - 11:31 PM

Ugh thanks for the info guys. What-fucking-ever,I don't care about the pain. If I tear up,I'll tear up or even cry properly,but...I'll have my little gorgeous hearts. I shall always be reminded of my baby girl.

Edited by amyfanatic, 25 July 2011 - 11:43 PM.

Posted Image

"I don`t listen to anyone...except my inner child anyway."

Amy.J.Winehouse.

#12 Mama_Haze

Mama_Haze

Hazy Lady

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,402 posts

Posted 25 July 2011 - 11:37 PM

If any of the UK members are up for it, I'd be up for meeting any of you and doing it together.... just throwing it out there

#13 tunisianswife

tunisianswife

Susan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 786 posts

Posted 25 July 2011 - 11:44 PM

I had one about 20 yrs ago(so it is hard to remember how painful) but got it on my chest-I don't recall it being so painful that I cried. after a few minutes, the natural endorphines kicked in to kind of numb it or something. seemed that the outlining was the worst.

*just get it where you will be able to see it at a glance and not have to look in a mirror in order to view it.*
:'-(She was the DiVinci of my music world!

#14 Rubi

Rubi

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 12:48 AM

I always liked Amy's Indian feather tattoo and the "never clip my wings" tattoo. Maybe I'll get one of those since they signify her free spirit.

#15 pearljo

pearljo

♪♫♫ vaginal bleeding

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,242 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 01:29 AM

I liked that one too, rubi.

never thought about a tattoo but I might just get her heart signature on my arm. if a future gf asked who's amy in a smart ass manner, i'd say oh, forgot to mention, you'll always be #2.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users