Photo
- - - - -

What do you think about posthumous releases?

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#31 Krispy101

Krispy101

Noob

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 30 July 2011 - 12:51 PM

Yeah it should be left for a few months, as a sign of respect, like Rockesquirrel says

#32 stimuland

stimuland

I'm talking 'bout my new guitar

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 30 July 2011 - 03:47 PM

What I'd really like to see is a new live album/DVD, preferably from her 2007 US tour with the Dap-Kings

#33 iheartblondie

iheartblondie

When I come back, you'll know.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 30 July 2011 - 04:12 PM

Stimuland, I really am not fond of your profile photo...

#34 africanfusion

africanfusion

You Know I'm No Good

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted 30 July 2011 - 05:36 PM

i'd love to hear more material from amy but at the same time would she have wanted us to hear her unfinished works?

another thing that would be great is an opus type book like they did for michael jackson but at a cheaper price point which would feature both published & unpublished photograhs & tributes from people who cared about her & had great stories they'd like to share.

#35 iheartblondie

iheartblondie

When I come back, you'll know.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 30 July 2011 - 05:54 PM

i'd love to hear more material from amy but at the same time would she have wanted us to hear her unfinished works?

another thing that would be great is an opus type book like they did for michael jackson but at a cheaper price point which would feature both published & unpublished photograhs & tributes from people who cared about her & had great stories they'd like to share.

You know what, I'm not trying to speak for everybody (because none of us are rich), but I WOULD be willing to pay even if it was on the expensive side...simply because the money is mainly going towards her parents and they are such god awful lovely people!!

#36 Amyweloveyou

Amyweloveyou

Noob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 31 July 2011 - 11:11 AM

I completely agree!

#37 York

York

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 02:02 PM

At the request of Amyfanforever who are not sufficiently stirred posts ...
http://www.rollingst...-demos-20110802

#38 Amysanchorcat

Amysanchorcat

Hey, little rich girl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,125 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 03:23 PM

Anything she srote, published, demo, or offcuts from previous albums too, should be released, and live recordings, covers and so on, she did plenty, but like one bix boxset or something, maybe emailing, her label, manager, ronson, remi, mitch, pointless them wasting.

#39 Gus×Wino

Gus×Wino

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 458 posts
  • LocationGreece

Posted 21 September 2011 - 03:29 PM

I'd like a series of DVD's...Some performances from 2003-2005 & some from 2006-2007...Like parts from her life...For example, her label could release her appearance @ Baden-Baden in Germany or @ BBC Sessions in 2004 or @ Lollapalooza 2007 or @ Coachella in 2007...This kind of performances...

#40 Amysanchorcat

Amysanchorcat

Hey, little rich girl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,125 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 03:36 PM

True, theres so much live stuff, 1st glastonbury, other festivals, sessions, tv appearances, theres so much they could release in her honour for fans, and give the money to Amy foundation, interviews, out takes, behind scenes, her being funny, shewas a witty girl, show the real Amy, hopefully within next year or so, we will get what we're asking for

#41 You'reWonderingNow

You'reWonderingNow

The lights are on but no one's home

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 166 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 04:33 PM

At the request of Amyfanforever who are not sufficiently stirred posts ...
http://www.rollingst...-demos-20110802

I'd overlooked that interview the first time, its great, really captures the essence of Amy. Naturally, being the fan I am, I'd buy anything they released. There is a lot of potential stuff I'm sure.
Amy flies in paradise xx

#42 Cariena

Cariena

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 04:59 PM

the thing about unfinished work or finished work that didn't make the cut on the previously released albums is, that Amy probably had her reasons not to release the songs etc, while those songs may sound great to us when released amy wouldn't have wanted them out. idk it's really hard and imo post humous releases shouldn't be meassured to previous ones when the artist was alive and could decide him/herself. same thing happened with Michael. But I want even unfinished songs of Amy but I can wait even for 2 or 3 years, they should show some respect and not try to cash in.

#43 Amysanchorcat

Amysanchorcat

Hey, little rich girl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,125 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 05:07 PM

Alot of tracks that an artist doesnt think are good enough themselves, are usually still bloody brilliant, fans should mass email the relivant people and mention/ask for demos, offcuts, other published, but unreleased tracks. To be released as some kind of package in time.

#44 Chloë

Chloë

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 211 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 06:45 PM

Finally, I'd like a massive book with every song she wrote. I'm sure they took her notebooks and computer today so someone has it.

I was thinking about that today, oh man, that would be my bible :heart:

#45 HugoRockz

HugoRockz

Amy, Amy, Amy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 08:12 PM

Am I the only one here that's kinda getting a feeling that they won't be releasing a 3rd album? I mean I would love to have a 3rd album even if they're unfinish or demos, but when Body And Soul is announced on her official site. It says the final recording of Amy's. I think it would be brilliant if they're able to make a something outta her notebook. I would love to see that!

By the way, is there any official photo book of Amy?

LEGEND

Amy, Amy, Amy...
1983-2011
:rose:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users