99 replies to this topic

#91 pearljo

pearljo

♪♫♫ vaginal bleeding

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,242 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 10:21 PM

it's a group effort even though each contact helps. talking to a friend yesterday and rs has not gone to press so i'm holding out hope. they aren't dummies, for the most part, so we'll see.

#92 Lainey

Lainey

Just Friends

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,692 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 10:56 PM

Hell yeah, you know they would!

You know, I'm allowing editors the weekend, but if I don't have a response by 2pm (Eastern time) on Tuesday, then I'll most definitely be calling them. Then, at least I know in my heart that I gave it a good try.

To many people here, I may look stupid by doing this stuff...or maybe some of you guys understand where I'm coming from. Either way, I'm telling you it's just fucking ridiculous how in America it's like she didn't happen at all. Okay, so Christina Aguilera's gonna pay tribute...so what?

Dude, and what's with all these Kurt Cobain references when it comes to Amy? I love Nirvana, but fuck Kurt right now. Nirvana put out 3 records and only 2 of them matter...what's with people saying that Amy's not gonna be able to hold her own? Why are people questioning her musical legacy?

I don't care if or when she was drunk, I don't care about if or when she was high. Her music matters, not that shit. Wait...lemme take that back. That shit matters to the herd-like mainstream music listeners/tabloid readers who clearly cannot think for themselves. Uh, not REAL PEOPLE.

I'm sorry if I'm saying too much here, but I don't understand. I swear I don't.

Please don't get me started on Nirvana and the fact that Kurt Cobain is basically God to some people.

Phil - Letter to RS - I'm on it, man!

#93 LegendJJ

LegendJJ

Amy, Amy, Amy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 797 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 11:06 PM

Lol i wouldnt want to pressure Rolling Stone too much about the amy tribute cover. I have complete faith in them. Its better to wait about a month for a reallyyyy good tribute....instead of one that seems like it is rushed.

#94 kevd7

kevd7

Soaked in soul he swims in my eyes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 03:22 AM

I have zero faith in RS. Doesn't anyone remember the lousy way they treated her in the cover story article and thereafter? I'm telling you, they dump on women artists and have done so since the 60's. They should do right by Amy, and should have all along. I'd be very surprised

#95 Jaede~

Jaede~

Fanks Daaaarling~

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 297 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 07:29 AM

austin has one of the best, if not the best, public radio stations in this country so i'm good here.

Ah, Austin seems so much cooler than Houston...the radio here sucks.

I hope RS atleast does something for an Amy tribute. Kurt has quite a few rolling stone covers (I adore him though). He has like 5. Amy deserves another one. Stop bullshitting Amy, America.

Edited by Jaede~, 04 August 2011 - 07:41 AM.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#96 kevd7

kevd7

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 07:39 PM

In defense, we're not bullshitting her. B2B is #4 on Billboard and Frank has climbed to #33. I'd rather see her music go on fire than a cover on some tacky mag that didn't appreciate her to begin with.

#97 iheartblondie

iheartblondie

When I come back, you'll know.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 19 August 2011 - 09:31 PM

My September issue of SPIN magazine just came in the mail today. This is the last page in it...I guess the US music magazines will always ignore her.

I just thought it was worth scanning for you guys.

Attached Files

Edited by iheartblondie, 19 August 2011 - 10:54 PM.

#98 Elsie

Elsie

eek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 19 August 2011 - 09:36 PM

That Terry Richardson shoot was really nice, but I've never seen that one before! Thanks!

He still stands in spite of what his Mars bar says.

#99 kevd7

kevd7

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 20 August 2011 - 04:45 AM

The Vibe article consists of a full page picture from the single You Know I'm No Good
Posted Image

with the green theme of the photo being carried into the opposite page. The title of the article is GIRL INTERRUPTED; Girl is in black lettering, Interrupted in green...Salaam's words are in a green box and are incredibly moving.

When I have time over the weekend I'll type it up

#100 iheartblondie

iheartblondie

When I come back, you'll know.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 20 August 2011 - 06:27 AM

The Vibe article consists of a full page picture from the single You Know I'm No Good
Posted Image

with the green theme of the photo being carried into the opposite page. The title of the article is GIRL INTERRUPTED; Girl is in black lettering, Interrupted in green...Salaam's words are in a green box and are incredibly moving.

When I have time over the weekend I'll type it up

Can you scan the article?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users