Photo
- - - - -

Did Amy pass on because of a broken heart?

• Please log in to reply
90 replies to this topic

#16 SoulShadow

SoulShadow

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 08 August 2011 - 02:05 PM

That a picture that julieannboo posted you can tell there is "something missing" in her. It could have just been an "off shot" where one doesn't look their best, but in this case I don't think so. She seems to lack passion for life.... and being alone, not being able to put in an impressive show in the last couple months all added up to her despair.

I saw some more tabloid reports on Google News about how some bloke who is popular in Camden was talking about "She seemed to have found happiness with Reg" and "she felt boyfriend Reg Traviss was 'The One'".

I'm not buying this stuff at all, probably another guy blowing smoke to get some print space. If all this engagement nonsense were true, someone would have seen a ring and certainly there would have been more pics of them together, heck after two years you would think that one of them may have moved in with the other.

Reg seems like a good chap and all that... but I suspect more of how he is taking things is not so much of someone who lost their "fiancee", but more of guilt... that perhaps if things had been handled differently, then this tragedy could have been averted.

#17 Muchloveria

Muchloveria

...or bouffant on it's curl...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,476 posts

Posted 08 August 2011 - 02:32 PM

i think blake having a baby put her over the edge. and then he went to jail and it must have brought up all those feelings that when he got out must have died. these two things happened after Brazil and then the Belgrade show...

either way i cry every day when i think about her and its hard for me to even come on here because i just cry and cry. i wish i could've helped er something. man i just wish this never happened. i feel heartbroken and like a big piece of my life is missing now.
tumblr_lfcaafF1LO1qc41muo1_500.giftumblr_ld3ynhqfW91qabdjm.gif
"...behavioral patterns that stick over the years..."

amyjademermaid.tumblr.com

#18 Moody's Mood

Moody's Mood

You sent me flying

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,118 posts

Posted 08 August 2011 - 03:09 PM

I guess my view on this is quite unromantic: I think mental illness might be the root of it all. She had serious issues to deal with before she met Blake or became famous. She wasn’t dealt the best cards in life. That, in combination with all the negative things that have happened to her, just made it all go horribly wrong.
What is your greatest fear?
Amy: "Dying old or never meeting Tony Bennett; if I never get to meet him, I might as well be dead."

#19 tunisianswife

tunisianswife

Susan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 786 posts

Posted 08 August 2011 - 03:21 PM

sadly yes, she did show signs of mental illness way back when she was young with the self-harm. addictions can be a symptom of mental illness-as poor of a coping mechanism as it is,..it is used many times to help ease the pain, just as the self-injury does. very sad but true.
:'-(She was the DiVinci of my music world!

#20 SoulShadow

SoulShadow

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 08 August 2011 - 06:30 PM

In a way I think Amy threw open the curtains of celebrity to show the dark side it really has. After all the flashing lights and fancy dresses, there is a pretty dark underbelly to the whole entertainment industry.

#21 pearljo

pearljo

♪♫♫ vaginal bleeding

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,242 posts

Posted 08 August 2011 - 08:28 PM

mental illness

#22 Divine_Comedy

Divine_Comedy

Lost is just what can't be seen.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 203 posts

Posted 08 August 2011 - 09:30 PM

Yes. That and she had so much money she could spend on what she wanted. It was a rapid decline. It happens to so many people and it's so easy to get lost in the world of drugs when it's the only thing keeping you happy.The fact that he had a baby was a big factor in her relapse. I really think she was on something during the belgrade show, hate to say it, but it wasn't just alcohol. I think if she'd had more time away she could have delt with things much better. Singing those songs must have really been too much at the time as well. Imagine having to relive all those feelings over and over at every show for 4 years while all this was going on. It's a very sad story, but in light of the situation, she's taught many people a valuable lesson.

*and if what calls itself a world should
have the luck to hear such singing*

http://www.amywinehouseforum.co.uk/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1716&dateline=1327218895

#23 pearljo

pearljo

♪♫♫ vaginal bleeding

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,242 posts

Posted 08 August 2011 - 09:34 PM

i don't think it was just alcohol in belgrade either. maybe a pinch of ecstasy? she wasn't just drunk, she was trippin'.

edit: the first minute of the first video i tried to watch from belgrade, it clicked, she was on something hallucinogenic. i should know, i did enough of it. she was like, let me hug everyone and everyone else, more. she didn't know which end of the mic was which. again, i only watched a minute or so.
disclaimer lol: i could be wrong but i don't think so.

Edited by pearljo, 08 August 2011 - 09:44 PM.

#24 Divine_Comedy

Divine_Comedy

Lost is just what can't be seen.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 203 posts

Posted 08 August 2011 - 09:45 PM

It was the most messed up I'd ever seen her. I just hope she hadn't started using again, cause if you were to take the same amount as prior your body isn't used to it. It was overwhelming for her whatever it was. She should not have been allowed to perform. I can't even begin to comprehend what they were thinking.

*and if what calls itself a world should
have the luck to hear such singing*

http://www.amywinehouseforum.co.uk/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1716&dateline=1327218895

#25 SoulShadow

SoulShadow

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 08 August 2011 - 09:50 PM

Promoters, management and what-not all knew she was definitely not in a stage-ready state.

As much as people who surrounded her may have counted themselves as "friends", many (certainly not all of course) had something to gain from her. So in the case of Belgrade, you have promoters who in the face of losing money for a no-show have no issue with her going no matter in what state of alertness... just so that money can stay in their pocket.

#26 Jaede~

Jaede~

Fanks Daaaarling~

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 297 posts

Posted 08 August 2011 - 11:48 PM

I guess my view on this is quite unromantic: I think mental illness might be the root of it all. She had serious issues to deal with before she met Blake or became famous. She wasn’t dealt the best cards in life. That, in combination with all the negative things that have happened to her, just made it all go horribly wrong.

She did say she had manic depression and she did not get treatment for it.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#27 kevd7

kevd7

Soaked in soul he swims in my eyes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 02:04 AM

amy-winehouse-latest-singer-rushed-through-rehab-to-keep-cash-flowing-experts say

http://www.foxnews.c...lowing-experts/

and what Annie Lennox said. shame on all of them.

#28 catouplik

catouplik

Help yourself

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 670 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 02:33 AM

^ Interesting article. Her death is not romantic at all. She was sick, not well treated and surrounded by greedy people.

#29 iheartblondie

iheartblondie

When I come back, you'll know.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 02:48 AM

i don't think it was just alcohol in belgrade either. maybe a pinch of ecstasy? she wasn't just drunk, she was trippin'.

edit: the first minute of the first video i tried to watch from belgrade, it clicked, she was on something hallucinogenic. i should know, i did enough of it. she was like, let me hug everyone and everyone else, more. she didn't know which end of the mic was which. again, i only watched a minute or so.
disclaimer lol: i could be wrong but i don't think so.

I think it was more than just being drunk, too. She kept picking at her arms and shit! I highly doubt it was ecstasy...probably was shrooms, but who cares really?

#30 pearljo

pearljo

♪♫♫ vaginal bleeding

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,242 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 02:55 AM

yeah, never did ecstasy but did shrooms but you're right, it hardly matters now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users