Photo
- - - - -

No illegal drugs in Winehouse death (Associated Press)

• Please log in to reply
111 replies to this topic

#91 Jadene

Jadene

you make me smile an cry

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 03:18 PM

@tunisianswife: i asked me that (and other things, too): there were a tv article (german tv) when she was on st lucia at the beach. they asked a doctor of medicine and he said that she has 'Bauchwasser' -> free fluid? in the abdomen cos the liver isn't working properly. Cos she had a bigger abdomen. I remember this till today . . .
D'you mean this perhaps?

#92 LucyGoose

LucyGoose

Think love and wear a smile...

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 07:49 PM

So apparently the statement that Amy did not die from an illegal drug OD is simply one part of the coroners report. Since the full report has not been released, and may not be, the inquest in October could still find to be death from "unknown" or "undetermined" causes.

This article below goes into more detail.

I just want to know what the actual cause of death was, even if it was painkillers + alcohol - for some reason, I feel uneasy about this. Would her family hold back the cause of death, even if accidental OD?

http://www.lfpress.c...4/18596256.html

#93 pearljo

pearljo

♪♫♫ vaginal bleeding

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,242 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 08:28 PM

Would her family hold back the cause of death, even if accidental OD?

maybe they already have.

#94 LucyGoose

LucyGoose

Think love and wear a smile...

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 08:55 PM

^^ True, maybe they have pearljo. What does everyone think? Do you want to know the details or are ok with the family keeping this private?

#95 pearljo

pearljo

♪♫♫ vaginal bleeding

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,242 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 08:57 PM

i'd like to know because if i don't i'll assume the worst anyway.

#96 Dani14

Dani14

You're the sweetest thing I've ever known

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 487 posts
  • LocationGreece/Piraeus

Posted 24 August 2011 - 08:59 PM

Personally for me is not that big of a deal. She was too young, she didn't die peacefully because of natural causes and more or less it had to do with her drinking,drug using... So it won't make me fell much better. But i would really like her family and close people to know the truth.

60do5Ti.jpg

#97 africanfusion

africanfusion

You Know I'm No Good

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 09:00 PM

i think everyone wants to know exactly how amy died however if her family want to keep anything private its their prerogative to do so & i'd have no criticisms about that.

#98 SoulShadow

SoulShadow

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 09:07 PM

While I am relieved it wasn't "illegal drugs"... my gut instinct is that there was prescription medication involved. Not in that she was abusing it, but an interaction between what she was legally and reasonably prescribed and alcohol.

Purely speculative, but what we saw in her Belgrade show may have been such an interaction... and what happened on 7/23 was the same thing, except this time her body could not weather the storm. :(

#99 Elsie

Elsie

eek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 10:44 PM

Not much difference from legal and illegal, they're equally harmful if there's noone there to control the intake...
I don't know what would be more comforting, the awful irony of her going clean and dying as a result or finding out she offed herself on some pills that were supposed to help her. Nothing is good news really. But atleast she is at peace.

He still stands in spite of what his Mars bar says.

#100 tunisianswife

tunisianswife

Susan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 786 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 11:11 PM

@tunisianswife: i asked me that (and other things, too): there were a tv article (german tv) when she was on st lucia at the beach. they asked a doctor of medicine and he said that she has 'Bauchwasser' -> free fluid? in the abdomen cos the liver isn't working properly. Cos she had a bigger abdomen. I remember this till today . . .
D'you mean this perhaps?

No, but I do understand what you are talking about. this was a vericose vein appearance on the abdomen. looks like a thin blue line. not a bruise but something diffrent that we see in those pts.
:'-(She was the DiVinci of my music world!

#101 AMYstery

AMYstery

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 197 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 07:42 AM

Prescription medication is a possibility, but it's all speculation of course... I remember a few quotes from videos.

From the vitamin-water interview :

Interviewer : What is it you wish you could import in piles (from the USA) ?
Amy: Advil
Interviewer: Advil ?!?? You don’t have Advil ?
Amy: Yeah Advil

From the infamous video where all the media were paying attention to the brief clip of her smoking a crack pipe, the uncut version of that video is longer and you can overhear some conversations :

Some people asking her to go out with them...

Amy : I don’t want you to go…I’m useless to you anyway I just took 6 valium…

In the past few weeks I've seen so many clips, hours and hours of video... I just rewatched everything I could find online and elsewhere (performances, interviews,tv-shows, documentaries even all the silly paparazzi videos…) I tried to watch it in a chronological order and it’s really revealing, it’s almost the same as experiencing the entire story again.

I don’t think there was ever an artist whose life was put under the microscope in every minute detail to such an extent. And still most of the media got it wrong by focusing constantly on some aspects: the addictions, the antics in the streets and the Amy Wino caricature.Ignoring all the rest, very few commentators looked for root causes and the origin of her behavior.There was a giant elephant in the room and almost nobody was talking about it. Very few also gave her credit when she did successfully tackle at least some of her issues, most continued to paint her with the same brush.

Like Pearljo said, I don’t want to become armchair psychiatrist, you can’t diagnose someone through a computer screen…But watching those videos have definitely convinced me that there was more going on, that the addictions were more a symptom. I don’t know what it was precisely ,whether it was a bipolar disorder or a borderline disorder or maybe even a mixture of both, but after a while you begin to connect all kinds of dots and they seem to point in that direction. Sometimes with striking evidence other times it’s just tiny details seeping through.

These mental issues are difficult for anyone to deal with let alone someone who in the process also becomes this huge worldwide superstar. There must be few things more destabilizing for someone’s personality than becoming an instant global iconic celebrity and not being able to lead a normal life anymore. History shows that even the most grounded and stable people have difficulties with this.

Then she lost a reference point in Cynthia and she fell into this passionate but extremely destructive relationship with Blake, who on top of that introduced her to Class A drugs. It all became a deadly cocktail. The fact alone that she was able to conquer many of those demons (eating disorders, crack and heroin,...) is no mean feat and a reason for her family to be proud of her.

It shows that she was not a hopeless drug addict and that she had worked hard to overcome her problems and had already come a longue way. I also like that this toxicology report sticks it's tonque out at all those people who were waiting to go : "I told you so....still doing heroin..."

Not to mention the newspapers, because it was not just the Azzopardi guy : "Friends say Amy took a bad ecstacy pill" "She binged on a cocktail of cocaine, ketamine and heroin"....

At least those people have been put into place. But yes I think it's possible that she was still self-medicating (alcohol or prescription medications) to calm down the constant roller coaster of emotions.I do believe Mitch when he says that she told him that she wanted to stop that too. He was after all not the only one saying that, the portuguese lady of the restaurant declared that the last time she was there she ordered a diet cola because she wanted to stop drinking. And it seems that she had booked more rehab...

I’m just really glad that the last image I have of Amy in my mind won’t be that of her wandering the dark alleys of Camden alone or surrounded by a few sleazy characters looking for heroin in the middle of the night…

Instead she was at home making music, and still thinking about her friends even at 3:10am sending a text message to Kristian Marr before she went to sleep. I’ll remember her like that, it’s comforting…

#102 iheartblondie

iheartblondie

When I come back, you'll know.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 08:50 AM

I'm fine with knowing that she didn't OD on crack, cocaine, or heroin. For me, that says more than enough. I'm also fine if her parents don't want to reveal her cause of death. Personally, I think her fans deserve to know in detail, the exact cause of death...but I also respect her family and their decisions.

I don't know her parents and I've never met them in my entire life, but they seem like more than just decent people. I mean, really, in less than a week her father was giving her stuff away to fans. That's love, no bullshitting.

I respect them and their wishes. After all, she's their only daughter...

#103 Mama_Haze

Mama_Haze

Hazy Lady

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,402 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 11:18 AM

If the family want to keep the details private that is their absolute right and I respect them for it. I don't need to know the ins and outs. The press certainly don't. No amount of evidence will shut them up anyway, they live and breathe this shit.

No hard drugs is god enough for me. Enough to charge a few of the opportunists with wasting time etc.

Mitch will be honest, because that is who he is. He may hold back details, but if he does, nobody will ever know so it's pointless worrying about it IMO. He will reveal; what he needs to to silence a few haters and the rest is nobody else's business.

Just my 2c.

#104 LegendJJ

LegendJJ

Amy, Amy, Amy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 797 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 12:02 PM

God these people never learn..... :(

Now they are saying that this is BS and that the media/coroners are "lying" to protect her and that of course she "overdosed".

Didn't they learn from last month to wait until August? Now even though the critics are told October will reveal the official final results...they still don't listen

I'm trying to stay really calm now...

#105 lolainas

lolainas

Never Clip My Wings

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 533 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 12:08 PM

Hm, in my opinion, I was sure that she didn't consume hard drugs, but with the confirmation I'm calm, only want that if the family wants, publish the real cause, if isn't that way at least they know the truth...

PS: AMYstery, I agree with u, I've done something similar that you done, and similar conclussions.

.why dont you come on over, Valerie?

"It's not important to me to make other people at ease. I am difficult, but that's because I don’t really give a fuck."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users