35 replies to this topic

#31 Nigel Jam

Nigel Jam

You Know I'm No Good

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted 08 September 2011 - 01:52 AM

I hope I don't upset anyone, I think she went in the wrong direction singing that balad with Tony Bennett. It was never going to be released as a single as far as I understood it was for his Lp/CD of duets to be released as a CD under his name. I think she was going too old too soon. Possibly to try and shake of the drugs image.

It is only because Amy died that they are releasing it as a single. I should have been her manager!:amyshock:

Edited by Nigel Jam, 08 September 2011 - 01:57 AM.

#32 jcable06

jcable06

Marilyn Monroe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,606 posts

Posted 08 September 2011 - 02:19 AM

I hope I don't upset anyone, I think she went in the wrong direction singing that balad with Tony Bennett. It was never going to be released as a single as far as I understood it was for his Lp/CD of duets to be released as a CD under his name. I think she was going too old too soon. Possibly to try and shake of the drugs image.

It is only because Amy died that they are releasing it as a single. I should have been her manager!:amyshock:

Im sorry but i disagree with you . Amy always wanted to do a duet with tony. And tony with Amy . Im thankful We had a last recording by Amy to hear when it is released . The Duet was part of her come back before she was going to finish her third album . Having two legends making a duet is what music is . Pure Magic . ( songs profits go to charity . thats why its being released as a single . which i think it is the honorable thing to do in her memory .

I for one cant wait to buy this song and aLBUM!!!
Posted Image
James Dean ....

#33 tunisianswife

tunisianswife

Susan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 786 posts

Posted 08 September 2011 - 01:23 PM

sorry, but don't understand the context of 'too old too soon'? can u explain? not being confrontational, just wondering for further clarification.

I guess then that Bono, Cheryl Crow, Queen Latiffa, KD Lang, Lady Gaga are also getting too old before their time by performing w/Tony? Body and Soul is a classic jazz standard and deserves to be sung by the likes of no other than Amy. To be asked to perform w/Tony on one of his Duets albums is a great honor and anyone who is lucky enough to be asked is saying something. Tony is a legendary icon; it's a great honor really.

I am so so so happy and believe in divine intervention that she was able to perform before she passed. she is quoted as saying that her great wish was to perform w/Tony. I am so thankful that God saw to it that come true before he took her from us. Look at her on the interview and she is just gushing w/how wonderful it all turned out. that alone should make us just be glad she got her wish and not worry about her image.
:'-(She was the DiVinci of my music world!

#34 Alan48

Alan48

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,607 posts

Posted 30 October 2011 - 03:13 AM

More kind words from Tony:

"But Amy, what a tragedy! She was as great as Ella or Billie Holiday. She had the whole gift. What a tragedy it is that she could have had the most beautiful life just singing songs like that."
Interviewer: "Sounds like you were very touched by meeting her."
"I was, 'cause my master was Sinatra. When Elvis Presley came along, the whole music business world changed into big stadiums. The art of intimacy was gone. So then there was the Beatles, and Elvis Presley, and the Rolling Stones, and so on. And I kept listening, saying, 'Let me hear a singer!' I want to hear a Nat Cole, I want to hear a Sinatra, I want to hear a Jo Stafford or Ella Fitzgerald. And she was the first one that came along, of all the young ladies, that actually had the gift. She was a great singer!"

http://www.npr.org/2...art-of-intimacy

#35 JamaicaAndSpain

JamaicaAndSpain

There's this ache in my chest

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,117 posts

Posted 30 October 2011 - 09:40 AM

More kind words from Tony:
http://www.npr.org/2...art-of-intimacy

I wish Amy could hear this. She would feel so honoured and maybe finally understand how good she was.
>:-( "These tears won't dry without you, Amy." >:-(

#36 Amysanchorcat

Amysanchorcat

Hey, little rich girl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,125 posts

Posted 30 October 2011 - 02:06 PM

She'll know, she be proud and happy to know how much he feels for, as she does him x
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] The Only Time I Hold Ur Hand Is To Get The Angle Right

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users