#1 LaPeep

LaPeep

My alcoholic logic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 772 posts

Posted 04 September 2011 - 03:02 AM

http://www.mirror.co...15875-23394155/
"I don't know her, I never met her, and when I saw that pic, I thought, 'That's me!' But then I found out, no, it's Amy........Ronnie Spector of the Ronettes

#2 iwakeupalone

iwakeupalone

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 04 September 2011 - 03:06 AM

"She epitomises everything the show is about..." ha

#3 You'reWonderingNow

You'reWonderingNow

The lights are on but no one's home

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 166 posts

Posted 04 September 2011 - 03:28 AM

I knew this was coming. I suppose any tribute is deserved.

#4 Dani14

Dani14

You're the sweetest thing I've ever known

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 487 posts
  • LocationGreece/Piraeus

Posted 04 September 2011 - 04:00 AM

Yeah any tribute is good... As long as it's not worse than MTV VMA's one at least.

60do5Ti.jpg

#5 Kaluss

Kaluss

Noob

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 04 September 2011 - 09:21 AM

Yeah any tribute is good... As long as it's not worse than MTV VMA's one at least.

Agree.

#6 Cecilia

Cecilia

What kind of fuckery is this?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,187 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 04 September 2011 - 09:33 AM

"She epitomises everything the show is about..." ha

Yeah... That made me cringe. But then apparently Amy did like X-factor and it's nice of them to do a tribute.

#7 AMYstery

AMYstery

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 197 posts

Posted 04 September 2011 - 05:40 PM

I've read a few days ago in an interview that Simon Cowell wants to be frozen after his death, so that he can be revived in the distant future when technology is advanced enough.:o

#8 tunisianswife

tunisianswife

Susan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 786 posts

Posted 04 September 2011 - 06:01 PM

she was very chatty that night w/the paps. she talks about xfactor people.(don't know what it is but am assuming it is a bit like american idol?) she talks about calling one of the contestants at the urging of Dionne, there are some subtitles so u can tell what she is saying through the intercom. she just sounds so cute. very chatty.

:'-(She was the DiVinci of my music world!

#9 AMYstery

AMYstery

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 197 posts

Posted 04 September 2011 - 06:09 PM

^^

I liked her quote on Simon Cowell :

"He's the reason hairdressers haven't changed their window pictures since 1980"

Posted Image

:lol:

#10 iwakeupalone

iwakeupalone

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 04 September 2011 - 07:53 PM

5:35

#11 Cecilia

Cecilia

What kind of fuckery is this?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,187 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 20 October 2011 - 10:53 AM

X Factor finalists to pay tribute to Amy Winehouse, claims Dionne Bromfield

Amy Winehouse's goddaughter Dionne Bromfield has claimed that X Factor finalists will pay tribute to the late jazz star in an upcoming episode, but show bosses remain coy about the idea.

According to Dionne, the X Factor contestants will sing tracks by the Rehab hitmaker - who died unexpectedly aged 27 at her home in London in July - in a future live show on ITV1.

Bromfield suggested that it wasn't only the likes of Kitty Brucknell, Frankie Cocozza and Janet Devlin who will perform Amy Winehouse tracks - she added that she would also be singing something from her godmother's back catalogue on the tribute show.

Dionne told the Daily Star : 'They are doing a tribute episode to Amy and I've been asked to sing something. You'll have to wait and see what I do.'

Dionne has previously performed Amy's hit Love is a Losing Game at The Big Chill festival and at this year's MOBO awards, while the late jazz star's songs also proved to be popular audition pieces for this year's X Factor contestants.
However, ITV bosses remain tight-lipped about the possibility of an Amy Winehouse-themed show, maintaining that their themes for the series are undecided.
'There are no current plans to do this,' a spokeswoman said. 'We haven't decided all our themes for the series yet.'

One theme that has been decided upon is this weekend's 'rock' theme, which will see contestants try out a more gritty sound than in previous weeks.

Eccentric finalist Johnny Robinson is to put his unique high pitched voice to good use in Saturday's episode, as he is said to be tackling The Darkness' falsetto-filled classic I Believe in a Thing Called Love.

The vocalist had to change his choice from ABBA's The Winner Takes It All, after show bosses decided to alter the week's theme from Heroes to Rock.

X Factor chiefs are said to have made the change on Monday to 'spice things up' and add 'plenty of drama,' after the first two live shows in the series showed a slump in ratings.

Read more: http://www.metro.co....d#ixzz1bJnCcqbE

#12 ladyamy

ladyamy

No Greater Love Than What I Feel For You

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,191 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 11:10 AM

I've read a few days ago in an interview that Simon Cowell wants to be frozen after his death, so that he can be revived in the distant future when technology is advanced enough.:o

I want that too! I wish they would have done the same with Amy.
I’m a firm believer that we all meet up in eternity

#13 Amber

Amber

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 11:56 AM

I've never seen the X-Factor, but I would watch that one.LOL

#14 Elsie

Elsie

eek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 02:27 PM

Bromfield suggested that it wasn't only the likes of Kitty Brucknell, Frankie Cocozza and Janet Devlin who will perform Amy Winehouse tracks - she added that she would also be singing something from her godmother's back catalogue on the tribute show.

WTH. They choose the worst ones. Ew.

He still stands in spite of what his Mars bar says.

#15 africanfusion

africanfusion

You Know I'm No Good

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 02:34 PM

not sure i'll watch, haven't tuned in at all this season & the prospect of hearing a bunch of randoms butcher amy's songs doesn't strike me as appealing.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users