45 replies to this topic

#16 Amysanchorcat

Amysanchorcat

Hey, little rich girl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,125 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 03:25 PM

Watching x factor sounds like torture and i value my ears and sanity, its cool that want to pay tribute, but a bunch of hopefuls slaughtering Amys songs, i just couldn't do that to myself, i'd cringe for England!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] The Only Time I Hold Ur Hand Is To Get The Angle Right

#17 Amy Jenna Harper

Amy Jenna Harper

Amy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,751 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 03:46 PM

I don't watch X Factor..but it's the british one on american?

One name,one word : Amy <3
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#18 ChipsAndPitta

ChipsAndPitta

I Told Ya I Was Trouble

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 526 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 04:43 PM

On one hand it could be good to have an Amy week on XF, then non Amy fans may realise what a talent she was when their ears are bleeding after 2 hours of iconic songs getting butchered. Another plus is it will probably help sales figures too. I'm not saying i'm all for it by any means but it would have some up-sides.

@AmyJennaHarper: I'd imagine it be the British one.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I'm on Twitts >>> https://twitter.com/Baris1989 <<<

#19 tunisianswife

tunisianswife

Susan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 786 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 06:43 PM

someone posted this on facebook. here is the link w/Dionne in an interview. she is truly a lovely girl who is so ahead of herself in years. hard to guess by watching her during an interview that she is only 15. very mature.

http://entertainment...e-tribute-show/
:'-(She was the DiVinci of my music world!

#20 ancre

ancre

Just friends

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,253 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 01:59 PM

If I'm right Amy mentioned that she liked Rebecca from X-Factor (me too). Sometimes, there are pearls there:

BUt usually it is as it is. If somebody is interested, there was one girl in Denmark X-F singing Amy's YKTING but... ok, I will not judge...

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=QbrhwNVmNA8

Edited by ancre, 21 October 2011 - 02:15 PM.

#21 Elsie

Elsie

eek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 02:10 PM

Yes, Amy allegedly wanted to write songs for her! Rebecca was absolutely beautiful, she should have won. There is noone even close to her this year.
There is one barmaid from North London, Sophie. I think Amy would have liked her, you bet she'd watch the X Factor, I guess it was a guilty pleasure for her LOL. If anyone should do an Amy tribute, it should be this girl. But unfortunately, they choose the controversial acts. What else would you expect though?

here's Soph anyway, she's great imo;

They even play TDOTO in the intro, heh.

Edited by Elsie, 21 October 2011 - 02:15 PM.

He still stands in spite of what his Mars bar says.

#22 ancre

ancre

Just friends

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,253 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 02:18 PM

Yes, Amy allegedly wanted to write songs for her! Rebecca was absolutely beautiful, she should have won. There is noone even close to her this year.
There is one barmaid from North London, Sophie. I think Amy would have liked her, you bet she'd watch the X Factor, I guess it was a guilty pleasure for her LOL. If anyone should do an Amy tribute, it should be this girl. But unfortunately, they choose the controversial acts. What else would you expect though?

Yea, great voice and nice, vivid personality! I like her too.

#23 dellaseren

dellaseren

Noob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 02:27 PM

I always get the urine well and truely extracted because I watch those shows. But as others have said, occasionally you get a true gem (Rebecca etc) and I just love to hear people sing. I don't agree with the general workings behind it, I dont agree with what happens to the "talent" after the show... So I guess I am being a little frivolous with my decision to watch it. But we lead busy lives and there's not always a chance to see so many different people, albeit rough artists, performing. And if there are any songs that I'd like to hear, it's Amy's. I'd rather hear bad versions of her songs ALL DAY than other people's music, if I'm honest. I love music in general, and there are so many amazing artists. But she was truely it for me (and many other people too, obviously) and I couldn't think of anything better apart from the lady performing herself! Which would be literally heavenly :) Just my two pennies! x

#24 kittengirl1000

kittengirl1000

Never miss a night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,239 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 03:08 PM

I don't watch The X Factor but it is nice to see a tribute to Amy.

#25 ChipsAndPitta

ChipsAndPitta

I Told Ya I Was Trouble

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 526 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 03:17 PM

The best XF contestant IMO was Leona. I know her voice is different to Amy's but her vocals are incredible none the less.

@Elsie: I like Sophie too! At times i can hear a bit of Adele in her voice but something about her reminds me of Amy, i don't know what though. The show is a bit of a car crash nowadays.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I'm on Twitts >>> https://twitter.com/Baris1989 <<<

#26 Amysanchorcat

Amysanchorcat

Hey, little rich girl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,125 posts

Posted 22 October 2011 - 01:10 PM

The best XF contestant IMO was Leona. I know her voice is different to Amy's but her vocals are incredible none the less.

@Elsie: I like Sophie too! At times i can hear a bit of Adele in her voice but something about her reminds me of Amy, i don't know what though. The show is a bit of a car crash nowadays.

I just can't watch it, anything like that, i am allergic, its not even about 'talent', its about ratings, and so called entertainment, sorry, but that kind of thing is not entertaining, its torture, and wtf happens to them when they do win, SFA, they are made to sing weary as fuck songs, and get blanked by smug gay as hell simon, louis only puts young boys through, coz he wants a go!... Leona, Alexandre were good, Shane west just hot as fook, where is he though, they made the poor handsome bastard sing weary songs fot for geriatrics!.

I couldn't bear to see one of them try do a Denise song!!, i'd have to go have words with them, lol, a show full of Amy songs, prepare to cringe, have painkillers ready, coz you'd be so bloody tense by the end through cringing and tensing, your gonna need an anadin!.. x

#27 Mutterkorn1

Mutterkorn1

Hippiezwerg

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 675 posts

Posted 22 October 2011 - 01:16 PM

chum nöd druus
:heart:Posted Image

#28 Amysanchorcat

Amysanchorcat

Hey, little rich girl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,125 posts

Posted 22 October 2011 - 01:40 PM

chum nöd druus

huh

#29 Amysanchorcat

Amysanchorcat

Hey, little rich girl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,125 posts

Posted 22 October 2011 - 01:42 PM

Oh yeah, Rebecca was ok too, but there are alot of 'novelty' acts on there, taking the spots of people who should be there, coz they can 'sing', but they choose, comedic, OTT acts, for entertainment/torture, lol

#30 Elsie

Elsie

eek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 22 October 2011 - 01:56 PM

I just can't watch it, anything like that, i am allergic, its not even about 'talent', its about ratings, and so called entertainment

Well that's true. I don't think anyone sees it as a talent contest anymore, or takes it very seriously for that matter. These people all agree to be a part of the evil machinery so why should the viewers be mad or feel sorry about them? Sometimes you enjoy some mindless fun, what's wrong with that? :)
Does anyone know if the Amy tribute is happening today or some other week?

He still stands in spite of what his Mars bar says.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users