26 replies to this topic

#16 MDPA

MDPA

"We all become what we once hated"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 395 posts

Posted 04 September 2011 - 05:03 PM

She is only 20. At that age,people think they have the world figured out. She is naive, but i think she'll realize it one day. Im not going to hold her comments against her because honestly, shes young and stupid to be frank. Especially because she is a "star" (though ive never heard of her..she hasn't made it in the US yet i guess) and because she is young, she thinks she knows the world. Absolutely agree with the advice "Never say never" because honestly, you can't predict the future. You don't know who you'll be in 10 years.

I just looked up some of her songs...not a fan. Though on her cover of Use Somebody, i can tell she has some talent vocally. Sounds rather good.

#17 Jaede~

Jaede~

Fanks Daaaarling~

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 297 posts

Posted 04 September 2011 - 05:08 PM

Good to know she's the same age as me. :T
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#18 Mama_Haze

Mama_Haze

Hazy Lady

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,402 posts

Posted 04 September 2011 - 06:42 PM

Pixie Lott is a bit of a twat, IMO. There's a pic of her tattooing her name on some random bloke's foot in today's paper. Apparently he had a tattoo kit in his house. Who does that? Stupid and conceited.

Sorry.... not interested in her. Or her self-absorbed opinions.

#19 LegendJJ

LegendJJ

Amy, Amy, Amy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 797 posts

Posted 04 September 2011 - 06:47 PM

She sounds like one of those ignorant people that believe strong drug addiction problems and psychological problems that people have are "all in their head" and that they are "making excuses" for not being able to fight it.

I am a year younger than her(19) and i am not ignorant enough to act like I know best about how a person with a addiction problems should get their act together.

"but I’d never get into a situation like the one Amy Winehouse found herself in."

Seriously why is it when a musician or any celeb in general passes away there always has to be one inconsiderate ASSHOLE(especially a fellow celeb) that has to start mouthing off and preaching to everyone like they are better than the person who passed. You dont understand their situation, so just say "no comment" and learn to keep your mouth closed"

By the way Pixie you claim in your interview that you cannot stand "vanity".....but did you notice that you constantly used the word "I" throughout your interview? Yeah Pixie i can tell you are a really modest person.

A modest/humble person would never imply that a dead person's parents should have acted more like their own mother and harp on about how their "mother" would have done something different.

I’m not going to do anything that will damage my voice because my voice is my career and singing is my passion.

Nothing is wrong with saying this. Your suppose to be confident and passionate about your art as a musician but.....Why would you say this Pixie after basically criticizing Amy and using her as an example to discuss yourself.

PS. FOR ONCE when a famous person dies can we have other celebs say "no comment" if they think they are about to same something stupid and reckless.

#20 Iulian

Iulian

against, not cause I believe it. just fun

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,856 posts

Posted 04 September 2011 - 06:49 PM

Wait.. she said that the Moon is a planet? :lol:

Dunno if it's true, but I heard that :D

#21 AMYstery

AMYstery

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 197 posts

Posted 04 September 2011 - 06:59 PM

There are some similarities between "Mama Do" and "Back to Black". The rest of the song doesn't really bother me, but that beginning...8-/ :

[vbtube]RPK1hhyftII[/vbtube]

#22 Gus×Wino

Gus×Wino

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 458 posts
  • LocationGreece

Posted 04 September 2011 - 07:35 PM

For God's shake!!! I don't give a f*ck about Pixie!!! She had to bless God for Amy!!! She was/is a TRUE inspiration!!! She's one of the worst Brit singers of ALL time!!!

#23 Dani14

Dani14

You're the sweetest thing I've ever known

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 487 posts
  • LocationGreece/Piraeus

Posted 04 September 2011 - 09:02 PM

There are some similarities between "Mama Do" and "Back to Black". The rest of the song doesn't really bother me, but that beginning...8-/ :

Exactly that is the same rhythm... They should have sued her company for this one:-P

60do5Ti.jpg

#24 tunisianswife

tunisianswife

Susan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 786 posts

Posted 04 September 2011 - 09:41 PM

well I have never heard of her but I'm in the US so guess she has not really made a big impression over here.

I never liked the 'Ivory Tower' kind of folk and sometimes Karma bites them in the butt but will just say that at least given her age, her statements don't bite or hurt as much as Natalie Cole and her Ivory tower attitude; she knew better. Hopefully this pixie dust character can learn from her mistakes.

have to say....would have LOVED to hear Amy cover this song-words would so suit her...except we all know our Amy would have ditched all the canned crap in the background.
:'-(She was the DiVinci of my music world!

#25 lolainas

lolainas

Never Clip My Wings

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 533 posts

Posted 04 September 2011 - 11:13 PM

I've never heard anything about her, only knew that it suposes is dionne's friend... but bah, I think she's the tipical disposable singer.

.why dont you come on over, Valerie?

"It's not important to me to make other people at ease. I am difficult, but that's because I don’t really give a fuck."

#26 ohmr

ohmr

No sweeter song, no heart so true

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 578 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 02:59 AM

I understand what she's saying but chalking up Amy's addiction to partying harder is just silly.

Amy, are you happy?
She squints suspiciously at me.
"About what?"
About life.
"I'm happy about this salad."

#27 HugoRockz

HugoRockz

Amy, Amy, Amy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 03:30 AM

Well, she's a safe bet. Wot more is there to say? Just by saying something like that just ruled herself out that she's just plain boring. She'll never love like Amy's love. Hence, she doesn't even write her own songs at all... at all...

LEGEND

Amy, Amy, Amy...
1983-2011
:rose:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users