40 replies to this topic

#31 ladyamy

ladyamy

No Greater Love Than What I Feel For You

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,191 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 01:57 PM

Do you share the same birthday with her? That's fun. Hope you can have a good day. As I said before, for me it's gonna be a sad day. And to make things even worse I'm doing my exams for going to university that day.
I’m a firm believer that we all meet up in eternity

#32 tunisianswife

tunisianswife

Susan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 786 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 03:24 PM

wow, Elsie. In a way, I think that is really so lovely to share the same birthday with her....

.....my birthday is the day of her marriage to B. lol
:'-(She was the DiVinci of my music world!

#33 what'sinsideher

what'sinsideher

What's inside her never dies

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 477 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 03:33 PM

.....my birthday is the day of her marriage to B. lol

Then I guess your birthday is 2 days after mine! :)

"Anyone who sings a tune so sweet is passin' by..."

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#34 ladyamy

ladyamy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,191 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 03:41 PM

My birthday is four months after her death's date. How happy am I! I was just being sarcastic, it's quite sad, in fact.

#35 Cecilia

Cecilia

What kind of fuckery is this?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,187 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 09 September 2011 - 04:58 PM

I'll be away for a week from later tonight onwards, probably without internet access, so I won't be able to e-mail Mitch on Amy's birthday, but I do hope someone (one of the mods maybe?) will write to him on behalf of all of us here. I had some thoughts of things to say, none of these need to be included if and when an e-mail is sent to him, but I thought it would be good to get some ideas going:

"Dear Mitch,
I am writing on behalf of everybody at the Amy Winehouse Forums (amywinehouseforum.co.uk) to share our love for Amy and her music on her birthday. She has touched so many of us in a way that will never be forgotten. We hope that September 14 will be a day of celebration in the years to come, not just of her, but also of the anniverary of the Amy Winehouse Foundation and of all the people whose lives will be turned around with its help. Several of us have already donated individually, but we would also like to show our support as a community by offering to help the foundation in any way we can, be it by raising awareness with a banner on the website linking to the foundation, or by raising funds."

This is only an idea and does not have to be used at all. Comments? Ideas? Please change/add to this, make it into a message from all of us and send it on the 14th.

#36 ladyamy

ladyamy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,191 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 06:37 PM

"Dear Mitch,
I am writing on behalf of everybody at the Amy Winehouse Forums (amywinehouseforum.co.uk) to share our love for Amy and her music on her birthday. She has touched so many of us in a way that will never be forgotten. We hope that September 14 will be a day of celebration in the years to come, not just of her, but also of the anniverary of the Amy Winehouse Foundation and of all the people whose lives will be turned around with its help. Several of us have already donated individually, but we would also like to show our support as a community by offering to help the foundation in any way we can, be it by raising awareness with a banner on the website linking to the foundation, or by raising funds."

I think that's fine, Cecilia. If everybody agree we can send him something like that. I'd like to write him something more personal, but I think I'm gonna do it by myself.

#37 Elsie

Elsie

eek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 06:42 PM

Do you share the same birthday with her? That's fun. Hope you can have a good day. As I said before, for me it's gonna be a sad day. And to make things even worse I'm doing my exams for going to university that day.

Used to be fun, now it just seems depressing. I guess this year it'll be really sad for all of us, first year without Amy and her last song coming out on that day... Maybe that's the day it finally sinks in...

The e-mail is great! It would be great if the forum could contribute somehow to the Foundation.

He still stands in spite of what his Mars bar says.

#38 StrongerThanMe

StrongerThanMe

♫ Like smoke I hang around ♫

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,201 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 06:47 PM

"Dear Mitch,

Very well written, Cecilia. I like it.
Posted Image

#39 Cecilia

Cecilia

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,187 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 09 September 2011 - 07:19 PM

Thanks for the feedback so far :) I'm logging off now for a week, probably back next sunday. I hope someone manages to send Mitch the e-mail on behalf of the forum, my words or something else or a combination, whatever feels right to you guys. I'll be thinking of Amy while I'm gone & will be sure to do something special on her birthday.

Happy birthday in advance Elsie & What'sinsideher!

#40 Cecilia

Cecilia

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,187 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 19 September 2011 - 12:38 PM

Got back from my week away without interweb, trying to catch up with everything on the forum (which is going to take a while it seems). Finally got hold of Body and Soul, listening to it, bringing tears to my eyes.

Did anyone manage to e-mail Mitch on behalf of the forum for Amy's birthday?

#41 LauraWinehouse

LauraWinehouse

My Idol... My World.... My inspiration....Amy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 05:54 PM

we could send him one and all write a little message for him, im good to send it i don't mind :) gimmie a shout if you'd like too do that
We Only Say Goodbye With Words
I Died A Hundred Times
RIP Amy Winehouse
Your Forever In My Heart

VALERIE!!!!

:'-(

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users