#16 Cecilia

Cecilia

What kind of fuckery is this?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,187 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 05 October 2011 - 08:25 PM

Sorry for my ignorance, but is this a good thing or a bad thing:-S (in other words who is he/she?)

All I know of her is that song Price Tag, just because it was everywhere when it came out. I think it's irritating pop tripe, but that's just my opinion - and I don't know any other songs of hers, so can't judge them. Also Youtube was infested with adverts for her debut album before that was released, which really annoyed me at the time...

#17 Cecilia

Cecilia

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,187 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 05 October 2011 - 08:27 PM

‘Amy is an inspiration for everyone,’ Dionne Bromfield pays tribute at MOBOs

Goddaughter of tragic star Amy Winehouse speaks to stv about her inspiration and her future ahead of her much talked about tribute performance tonight.

Dionne Bromfield, goddaughter of tragic songstress Amy Winehouse, is in Glasgow tonight for the MOBO Awards. Speaking to stv before her tribute performance at this evening’s massive show, the 15-year-old, wiser than her years, spoke of her ‘fairy gomother, sister and inspiration.’
“She’s paved the way for, look, Adele, Duffy, I mean, look how massive Adele is now. Amy is an inspiration for everyone, not just me.”
Unwilling to reveal which track she’ll be singing tonight, the young star did say it was Amy’s favourite from the album.
Posted Image Amy Winehouse won Best Female at the MOBOs back in 2007 leaving some very big heels for Dionne to step in to. Tonight provides the perfect stage for Dionne to follow suit with her nomination for best UK R&B/Soul act, though national treasure Adele, also in this category, could very easily make it a losing game for Bromfield.
“Her smile was the best memory I’ll ever have of Amy. Her smile was amazing.”
Losing not only her godmother but her inspiration in the tragic events which unfolded in July, whatever the verdict of the MOBO Awards, tonight’s performance is set to be a very special one indeed. Bring on the hankies…

http://entertainment...ibute-at-mobos/

#18 Chloë

Chloë

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 211 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 09:07 PM

It'll probably be LIALG then. Thanks!

#19 what'sinsideher

what'sinsideher

What's inside her never dies

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 477 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 10:12 PM

I haven't got to see the tribute but I found this picture on Tumblr which I suppose is from it.

"Anyone who sings a tune so sweet is passin' by..."

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#20 JamaicaAndSpain

JamaicaAndSpain

There's this ache in my chest

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,117 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 10:25 PM

“Her smile was the best memory I’ll ever have of Amy. Her smile was amazing.”

So is mine. I love her smile so much.

Just watched Dionne's interview. She's such a sweet girl. I love hearing her talk about Amy.
>:-( "These tears won't dry without you, Amy." >:-(

#21 JamaicaAndSpain

JamaicaAndSpain

There's this ache in my chest

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,117 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 10:26 PM

It'll probably be LIALG then. Thanks!

That was my first thought, too. Has Amy ever said which one is her favourite?
>:-( "These tears won't dry without you, Amy." >:-(

#22 ChipsAndPitta

ChipsAndPitta

I Told Ya I Was Trouble

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 526 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 10:34 PM

Other than Dionne's performance, there wasn't much of a tribute tbh. While Dionne was singing LIALG there were clips of Amy in the background which made me emotional. Dionne did a good job but understandably she wasn't up to Amy's level, i think when she's lived a few more years she will connect more with the song.

Seeing these nominees and performers tonight just makes me miss Amy more, there are some seriously crap artists around (Dionne excluded) and one of the best is no longer around. :'-(
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I'm on Twitts >>> https://twitter.com/Baris1989 <<<

#23 africanfusion

africanfusion

You Know I'm No Good

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 10:36 PM

I caught some of the tribute, they played footage on video screens of amy as dionne sang LIALG, i'm sure it'll be on youtube soon enough.

#24 Amysanchorcat

Amysanchorcat

Hey, little rich girl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,125 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 10:42 PM

Still not a decent tribute in my eyes, helps if they show Amy singing, why she so amazing! x
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] The Only Time I Hold Ur Hand Is To Get The Angle Right

#25 Amy Jenna Harper

Amy Jenna Harper

Amy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,751 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 10:46 PM

It's quite sad.

Thanks for posting..

One name,one word : Amy <3
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#26 Elsie

Elsie

eek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 10:50 PM

I thought it was a beautiful tribute, no one better to do it than Dionne. They put a montage of Amy clips behind her, that made me cry. Just seeing her smiling and moving while someone else sings the song, I found it so damn sad. Made me think I'll never get over her death, it just hits really hard everytime I'm reminded she is gone. I love her so much. She was so wonderful. :(

He still stands in spite of what his Mars bar says.

#27 LondonSweet

LondonSweet

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 10:52 PM

Vocally, her performance was good, but I felt the montage of Amy definitely added to it. I've always thought you needed a lot of "know" and experience to pull that song off, and you really don't have that at 15. But she did a good job, nonetheless.
Nikki
Forever the fan of a musical Genius.

Winehouse~1983-2011
Remember her
8-/

#28 gpozzo

gpozzo

I swear I'm gonna love you until eternity...

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 647 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 01:45 AM

Some pics of Dionne performing (Amy's pics on the background):

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#29 tunisianswife

tunisianswife

Susan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 786 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 03:42 AM

beautiful girl; loved her dress. thanks for the pics. I looked on YT but couldn't find anything yet. hopefully soon.
:'-(She was the DiVinci of my music world!

#30 Cecilia

Cecilia

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,187 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 06 October 2011 - 10:34 AM

If you're in the UK, you can still watch the full show on the BBC iPlayer here till next wednesday. They'll also be re-broadcasting the highlights (including the Amy tribute) on BBC1 tomorrow (friday) at 11:45pm.

I'm afraid I just didn't have the patience to sit through the whole programme. These award ceremonies just get on my nerves and to be honest a lot of the acts nominated aren't my thing at all. So if you're like me, just skip to around 1:04:50 on the iPlayer for the tribute to Amy Winehouse.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users