25 replies to this topic

#16 BitterSweet92

BitterSweet92

You Know I'm No Good

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 282 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 07:55 PM

^ Yes, but it only appears after a member has 10 posts or more (or was it 15? I'm not sure...).

Edit: 15 it is then :P.

#17 Mutterkorn1

Mutterkorn1

Hippiezwerg

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 675 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 07:57 PM

15 :)yeah :)
:heart:Posted Image

#18 Cariena

Cariena

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 12:59 AM

Long Day is mind blowing in my opinion

#19 ancre

ancre

Just friends

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,253 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 05:06 PM

Oh, I wish that a LP can be released with "Fool's Gold ", "Long Day", "Procrastination", "You'll Never Know" as well as some covers: "Boulvard of Broken Dreams" and "I'm on the Outside", "(she sang these two in Brazil), "We're Still Friends", "Don't Go to Strangers", "All my Lovin'", "Lullaby of Birdland", "Puppy Love", "It's My Party", "I saw Mummy Kissing St Claus" (live from Glastonbury) and maybe the duo with Mutya Buena "B-Boy"... Please, please, Island...

#20 SteveV

SteveV

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 282 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 09:37 PM

Oh, I wish that a LP can be released with "Fool's Gold ", "Long Day", "Procrastination", "You'll Never Know" as well as some covers: "Boulvard of Broken Dreams" and "I'm on the Outside", "(she sang these two in Brazil), "We're Still Friends", "Don't Go to Strangers", "All my Lovin'", "Lullaby of Birdland", "Puppy Love", "It's My Party", "I saw Mummy Kissing St Claus" (live from Glastonbury) and maybe the duo with Mutya Buena "B-Boy"... Please, please, Island...

She did "Lullaby of Birdland"? I didn't know this. I have to try to find it. Now all I need is to find out she recorded "When Sunny Gets Blue". Then I can die and go to heaven.

Thanks for this.

#21 JamaicaAndSpain

JamaicaAndSpain

There's this ache in my chest

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,117 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 10:34 PM

This is an audio version:
>:-( "These tears won't dry without you, Amy." >:-(

#22 SteveV

SteveV

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 282 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 11:09 PM

This is an audio version:

Thanks so much for posting this JamaicaAndSpain. I never fail to be surprised about the new things about ;-) that I'm always finding in this forum with its kind and helpful members. Amy does a great job with this classic. It comes to her so naturally. She really was a genius.

Amy could have done a historic rendition of "When Sunny Gets Blue". The song seems like it was written for her. Sarah Vaughan, one of Amy's favorites, does this great rendition, but I actually think Amy could have done it better, investing it with more soul. Most singers of this song, male or female, have used the female version (Sunny as "she"), but Sarah does the male version. As a male, I prefer the female version, but Amy was a fan of Sarah.

If Amy ever did this song, I will spend the rest of my life trying to find it. I'll just have to keep on jogging up the hill toward Lake Tahoe every morning to stay in shape.

Edited by SteveV, 03 October 2011 - 11:48 PM.

#23 ancre

ancre

Just friends

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,253 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 02:36 PM

Oh, I forgot to enumerate "Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow" that is wonderful btw...

#24 tunisianswife

tunisianswife

Susan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 786 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 05:24 PM

Inez, I was hoping beyond hope that 'on the outside looking in' would be on #3. oh gosh, i love that song and didn't realize at first it was a cover. She could have written those lyrics, u know?

'all my lovin'.....oh gosh, isn't that sublime? what she did with that song was incredible. Lullaby of Birdland....total awesomeness.

no matter what she covered, she breathed new life into it and made it her own. I always like her covers better than the originals.
:'-(She was the DiVinci of my music world!

#25 tunisianswife

tunisianswife

Susan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 786 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 05:27 PM

oh gosh, just seeing the post w/Sunny. my oh my, can't u just here her singing this now!

uggh, well this has set me off....sad, sadness, utter sadness. oh what a void. total void.
:'-(She was the DiVinci of my music world!

#26 ChipsAndPitta

ChipsAndPitta

I Told Ya I Was Trouble

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 526 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 07:05 PM

Thanks for posting that video Steve. I could totally hear Amy singing that, putting her unique stamp on it with the attitude in her vocals to match. Sounds like something she would have sung on Jools Holland.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I'm on Twitts >>> https://twitter.com/Baris1989 <<<

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users