#1 CHCHANEL

CHCHANEL

rulers one thing but come brixton

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 614 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 10:22 PM

Hello guys!

I have just returned from my trip to London where I went to pay my respects and visit hawley arms & the good mixer etc.
During my stay I took some pictures that I wanted to share with all the fans here who doesn't have possibility to go there and see for themselves. (If you're showing interest.) Myself, I found it really comforting to read all the messages that people had wrote on the trees and on notes. It feels good that I'm not the only one that loved & still love her endlessly.

I have now uploaded pictures to my photobucket album for you to see:
http://s1207.photobu...HCHANEL/LDN 11/

I also went to Pete Doherty's show and hoped he would mention Amy and maybe even cover Tears Dry On Their Own like he did at Reading Festival. I was so happily surprised when he not only dedicated the show to Amy but also played us a song he wrote for her.
(At one point in the video you can hear me scream ''ooooh myyy gooooood!!!'')

I will make a photobucket album where I upload pictures for anyone who is interested (pictures that are amy-related of course) and I will also upload the other videos I recorded of the song he wrote to her and I even filmed TDOTO and will upload as well for you guys.
Meanwhile (as I couldn't bare myself) I uploaded this clip for you.
I thought this deserved a little thread, I hope you guys think so to.

Here's the clip:
[vbtube]RR3Ej_jsM3o[/vbtube]

Here's part 2 with more of the lyrics in it. I love it. It makes me cry.
[vbtube]x8Zyw8ngVq8[/vbtube]

Enjoy!

Edited by CHCHANEL, 26 September 2011 - 09:42 PM.

Posted Image

#2 tunisianswife

tunisianswife

Susan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 786 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 12:21 AM

Anna-Marie! hate to say it because I'm sure you still wished you were in London, but glad to have you back! been thinking of you during this week and hoping you were having a wonderful time. wow! you got to see so much and so glad you could take it all in. I'm sure you are tired and need a vacation from your vacation. lol

I KNOW YOUR TRIP DESERVES ITS OWN THREAD because we can see what you saw and experienced. that would be awesome and I'm sure everyone agrees.

thanks again and welcome back. :)
:'-(She was the DiVinci of my music world!

#3 gpozzo

gpozzo

I swear I'm gonna love you until eternity...

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 647 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 12:33 AM

Wow, you're so lucky! Thanks for creating this thread, it's very interesting.

By the way, could you write here the lyrics of the song? I can't understand anything =( (bad english)

Thanks. :D

#4 ladyamy

ladyamy

No Greater Love Than What I Feel For You

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,191 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 09:51 AM

I was supposed to be there too (I even had the tickets), but I'm starting university this afternoon so there was no way possible I could go.
It must have been very emotional. I knew Pete would do something like this for Amy, he loves her so much.
I also found a video yesterday. I didn't know whether to put it here or not because it's not very good quality, but here it is, anyway.

Edited by ladyamy, 26 September 2011 - 10:33 AM.

I’m a firm believer that we all meet up in eternity

#5 Elsie

Elsie

eek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 12:41 PM

Your clips were posted on NME: http://www.nme.com/n...e-doherty/59429 :)

Judging by the article, he seems to be working on new material, which is great. His solo album was brilliant.
Do you know any of the lyrics? I can't understand a thing in that video... Tried with headphones too but nope :D

He still stands in spite of what his Mars bar says.

#6 Amy Jenna Harper

Amy Jenna Harper

Amy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,751 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 01:41 PM

Thanks..

Nice..

One name,one word : Amy <3
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#7 CHCHANEL

CHCHANEL

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 614 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 03:11 PM

Hello everyone!! Thank you for such a warm welcome. So happy to get so much response from you guys and that you are showing interest!! That my video is on NME's website really surprised me! Wow.

Thanks Elsie for letting me know! I would never have found it on my own.
I'm having a hard time figuring out the lyrics myself, it was such an echo in the venue so sometimes it was hard even to hear what he was saying. I will do my best to listen through the song and figure out the lyrics but I think maybe someone with a better english than me can do a better job.
& tunisianswife, I thought about you lots of times during my trip too! I really didn't want to be rude and take pictures like a crazy woman but I took some pictures and I will upload them all to my photobucket & then I can edit my first post and put it all in there.
ladyamy, I'm so sorry you didn't have the chance to go to the show. Hopefully the videos from the show can at least give you some kind of comfort when you're at least able to watch videos from the show than nothing at all.

I'm a little bit stressed since I came home with school and everything since I took time off to go there.
But I will upload everything for you guys as fast as I can <3

Edited by CHCHANEL, 26 September 2011 - 03:23 PM.

Posted Image

#8 CHCHANEL

CHCHANEL

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 614 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 09:40 PM

Now pictures are up! I'm sorry they are not in order.
Photobucket have changed alot since I used it a couple of years ago.

Anyway, I named the pictures with the location so it won't be mixed up.
Some of the messages people wrote really bursted me into tears.
Even the ladies restrooms @ Hawley Arms were covered with writings and messages to Amy.

Posted Image

#9 LaPeep

LaPeep

My alcoholic logic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 772 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 10:34 PM

Awesome! Thanks for sharing.
"I don't know her, I never met her, and when I saw that pic, I thought, 'That's me!' But then I found out, no, it's Amy........Ronnie Spector of the Ronettes

#10 tunisianswife

tunisianswife

Susan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 786 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 12:30 AM

wow, Anna-Marie! those are some great photos.

LOVED all the tributes to Amy. thanks for taking pics of those at Camden Square. the one that really got to me is the one that someone left that says, 'the best things in life ain't free...they're priceless'. made me choke up.

the women's restroom is wild! wow, even the ceiling there are tributes.

thanks so much for sharing with us. I will have to go back and look at them again from time to time.
:'-(She was the DiVinci of my music world!

#11 Dani14

Dani14

You're the sweetest thing I've ever known

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 487 posts
  • LocationGreece/Piraeus

Posted 27 September 2011 - 01:14 AM

Sometimes God call his angels too soon:'-(

60do5Ti.jpg

#12 lyricgenius

lyricgenius

To my heart, she carries the key

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,518 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 04:14 AM

Great pics Anna-Maria.

I've been to Prowse Place (while she was living there). Seeing it now though is very sad. Actually, it felt like a punch in the stomach. Just seems so desolate knowing she's gone.

The Camden Square pics made me feel somewhat better because of all the messages that people left. If I were in charge of Camden, I would put up boards where people could write, so they wouldn't have to write on trees and whatever objects they can find.
Posted Image
"Flawed yet fabulous, tormented yet towering"

#13 JamaicaAndSpain

JamaicaAndSpain

There's this ache in my chest

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,117 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 08:44 AM

Wow, you really did the Amy Winehouse Tour, didn't you? :D So great, thanks for all the pictures! The ones in the bathroom and those outside her house made me cry - so nice to see this.
What does the photo of Amy in the Hawley Arms say? I think the last bit is "Lots of love, Amy; P.S. I love Blake"?? There's something about a "pool table" and something is "paid for" I think??
>:-( "These tears won't dry without you, Amy." >:-(

#14 CHCHANEL

CHCHANEL

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 614 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 09:22 AM

Yes, I really did the Amy Winehouse Tour. & I have to say I truly could feel her with me all the time. Even when I misspelled two times when I wrote my message I knew Amy was looking down and laughing at me. :)

The picture she signed at Hawley Arms said something like ''Measure upstairs & fit a pool table... going til it's paid for.. Lots of Love Amy Ps. I love Blake.'' That's about what I can read from the picture. I should've wrote it down at the pub. :(

The messages people wrote are really lovely! The one that said ''Sometimes God calls his angels too soon'' made me cry so much. I agree with lyricgenius that they should put something there, lika board for people to write messages, but yeah. I just hope they won't remove what's there to write on now.

Posted Image

#15 JamaicaAndSpain

JamaicaAndSpain

There's this ache in my chest

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,117 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 10:31 AM

That must have been a nice feeling :) Thanks so much for letting us be a part of your trip.

Thanks for trying to make out what she wrote, I couldn't read it all and was desperate to know what it said.

Aw, did you cry at Amy's house? Must have been so sad to be there :( Were there many people there?

My favourite messages are: "You died a leg", "See you in heaven" "Thank you for your amazing sould even though it was troubled" and the spanish one from "Erea".

Is yours the one from Sep 23rd? So sweet.
>:-( "These tears won't dry without you, Amy." >:-(

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users