55 replies to this topic

#16 CHCHANEL

CHCHANEL

rulers one thing but come brixton

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 614 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 12:18 PM

Aw, did you cry at Amy's house? Must have been so sad to be there :( Were there many people there?

My favourite messages are: "You died a leg", "See you in heaven" "Thank you for your amazing sould even though it was troubled" and the spanish one from "Erea".

Is yours the one from Sep 23rd? So sweet.

When I stood there infront of her house by the trees it just hit me so hard. I mean sure, when the news of her passing reached me I was devastated, I was reading on the news page about the Norway Massacre and the a box pops up ''Amy Winehouse found dead in North London'' The air went out of me, litterally. But when I stood there @ Camden Square, I felt I could for the first time grieve. Like really let it all out. We were so lucky cause we took a cab there pretty early in the day so no one was there.
About ''Thank you for your amazing soul even though it was so troubled'' I read it out loud and again couldn't hold it back. I mean it was another thing to sit in Sweden far away and then all of a sudden stand on the ground you saw on the pictures.

After we'd been there for about 15 minutes two brazillian women walked up to the house. They were 45+ so I thought they were just passing by. They looked so sad though. Suddenly I see that they stop near us on the other side of the road from Amy's house and they light a cigarette and put there backpacks on the ground. When she lit her cigarette I just knew, they were there for the same reason as us. They took a picture of the house and then started searching for a pen so they could write a message.

Then after maybe 15 more minutes, more people came. A group of 3 and some couples. Some people was Camden residents walking by ''Oh dear, I had no idea this was Amy's house.. That's so sad..'' and walked by.
Some people were less respectful, but they're not even worth mentioning or wasting energy on.

About my message I think it's really obvious which is mine since i misspelled two times, haha.. may we may we i wrote that twice. I was so focused on carving with the pen that I didn't notice I was repeating myself haha. Well. It took me 5 fingers and 60 minutes to write it so I bet Amy was laughing at me from wherever she was watching me. <3

Also when we first came and there were no one there, a candle was still burning. So people still go there, everyday. Everynight.

Posted Image

#17 Sassy

Sassy

I’m just a very whimsical person

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 842 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 12:53 PM

Thanks for sharing your experience, Anna-Maria. How special for you & it means a lot to us, too.

#18 ladyamy

ladyamy

No Greater Love Than What I Feel For You

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,191 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 01:10 PM

When I stood there infront of her house by the trees it just hit me so hard. I mean sure, when the news of her passing reached me I was devastated, I was reading on the news page about the Norway Massacre and the a box pops up ''Amy Winehouse found dead in North London'' The air went out of me, litterally. But when I stood there @ Camden Square, I felt I could for the first time grieve. Like really let it all out. We were so lucky cause we took a cab there pretty early in the day so no one was there.
About ''Thank you for your amazing soul even though it was so troubled'' I read it out loud and again couldn't hold it back. I mean it was another thing to sit in Sweden far away and then all of a sudden stand on the ground you saw on the pictures.

After we'd been there for about 15 minutes two brazillian women walked up to the house. They were 45+ so I thought they were just passing by. They looked so sad though. Suddenly I see that they stop near us on the other side of the road from Amy's house and they light a cigarette and put there backpacks on the ground. When she lit her cigarette I just knew, they were there for the same reason as us. They took a picture of the house and then started searching for a pen so they could write a message.

Then after maybe 15 more minutes, more people came. A group of 3 and some couples. Some people was Camden residents walking by ''Oh dear, I had no idea this was Amy's house.. That's so sad..'' and walked by.
Some people were less respectful, but they're not even worth mentioning or wasting energy on.

About my message I think it's really obvious which is mine since i misspelled two times, haha.. may we may we i wrote that twice. I was so focused on carving with the pen that I didn't notice I was repeating myself haha. Well. It took me 5 fingers and 60 minutes to write it so I bet Amy was laughing at me from wherever she was watching me. <3

Also when we first came and there were no one there, a candle was still burning. So people still go there, everyday. Everynight.

That's really sweet. I'd love to go there, but it might be really painful. I'm sure she now feels all our love.
I’m a firm believer that we all meet up in eternity

#19 York

York

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 01:25 PM

Thank you Anna-Maria for your report :) Sorry, i just can not understand where this is http://s1207.photobu...nt=IMG_3487.jpg

#20 Dani14

Dani14

You're the sweetest thing I've ever known

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 487 posts
  • LocationGreece/Piraeus

Posted 27 September 2011 - 01:58 PM

Thank you Anna-Maria for your report :) Sorry, i just can not understand where this is http://s1207.photobu...nt=IMG_3487.jpg

Isn't this her second home in Camden? i'm not sure...

60do5Ti.jpg

#21 tunisianswife

tunisianswife

Susan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 786 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 03:01 PM

I love reading all your details, Anna-Marie.

as you think of more things that stand out, I hope you will write them here. we so appreciate hearing every detail.
:'-(She was the DiVinci of my music world!

#22 CHCHANEL

CHCHANEL

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 614 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 05:03 PM

Thanks for all your love and support darlings.
About the picture York, that is Prowse Place. The adress you can go to and virtually visit @ http://www.oceanvisu...om/ProwsePlace/
And thanks again, the least I could do was to share this whole experience with you guys! If I wouldn't have gone there myself I would've wanted someone to do the same thing.

I will have to melt the whole trip a little before i press out anymore details from my brain, but I will! And I will also upload the ''Tears Dry On Their Own'' cover I talked about that Pete played at the show (As promised). Of course the trip was really painful at times, but I'm still glad that I went, it felt like something I just needed to do.

Thanks again guys I'm sure Amy's watching all of us. <3

Posted Image

#23 jcable06

jcable06

Marilyn Monroe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,606 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 05:07 PM

Nice pictures ! Great work. Ive always have a bad habit messing up my pics. lol
Posted Image
James Dean ....

#24 JamaicaAndSpain

JamaicaAndSpain

There's this ache in my chest

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,117 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 08:56 PM

I totally understand. I still can't believe she's really gone. Sometimes it hits me, but I think it would be easier to accept it if I was at her house.

Thanks for telling all about the other people there. So nice! It's so good to know that there are still candles burning for her.

I gotta read the messages again to see which one was yours ;) It's a pity I can't download your photos. Please don't ever delete them from that album!

The link you posted (Prowse Place) is that really her house?? I remember seeing a photo with the black glass or whatever that is where she put photos of her and Blake, but I can't believe I could just look inside her old home?! :)
>:-( "These tears won't dry without you, Amy." >:-(

#25 tunisianswife

tunisianswife

Susan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 786 posts

Posted 28 September 2011 - 12:20 AM

yep Vanessa, the link she provided allows you to take a virtual tour of the inside of her old flat on Prowse.
:'-(She was the DiVinci of my music world!

#26 JamaicaAndSpain

JamaicaAndSpain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,117 posts

Posted 28 September 2011 - 07:43 AM

Thanks, Susan. Okay, if anybody is looking for me, I'll be at Amy's house for the next few minutes ;)

#27 StrongerThanMe

StrongerThanMe

♫ Like smoke I hang around ♫

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,201 posts

Posted 28 September 2011 - 08:58 AM

Thanks so much for sharing all your experiences Anna-Maria!
Posted Image

#28 York

York

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 28 September 2011 - 10:02 AM

Anna-Maria THANKS! http://www.oceanvisu...om/ProwsePlace/ is cool! good excursion turned out :D ))))

#29 CHCHANEL

CHCHANEL

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 614 posts

Posted 28 September 2011 - 11:04 AM

Anna-Maria THANKS! http://www.oceanvisu...om/ProwsePlace/ is cool! good excursion turned out :D ))))

It was Susan the almighty who provided me the link at first. Isn't she lovely.
I'm not sure that I would've found myself there without tunisianswife's help! Thank you! :)

& You're welcome everyone. I had a feeling this would be appreciated, I'm glad.
Yesterday I booked flights & hotel again, so part 2 is coming soon!

Posted Image

#30 JamaicaAndSpain

JamaicaAndSpain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,117 posts

Posted 28 September 2011 - 11:40 AM

What, when are you going back???

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users