Photo
- - - - -

Does Amt Winehouse Grandmother hold the key to her death?

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#1 Juan19

Juan19

RIP AmyWinehouse. We miss you

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 591 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 06:49 PM

LEGENDARY jazz singer Tony Bennett has revealed that Amy Winehouse was aware that she was going to die young. Bennett, who recorded a duet with Amy earlier this year, said: "She knew she was in a lot of trouble, that she wasn't gonna live."
Bennett scarcely elaborated, so his statement raised more questions than it answered about the circumstances of her death.
However, a clue to the morbid and fatalistic mood of the last five years of Amy's life could lie in her intense relationship with her paternal grandmother, Cynthia, and their shared interest in an element of the occult.
As is well known, Amy went off the rails around 2006. She stopped looking after herself, and turned from a fresh-faced, curvy young lady into an increasingly tormented figure. Episodes of drug overdoses, self-harming, public scraps and tears became commonplace. She began to cancel concerts or appear on stage late and recklessly intoxicated.
It was a shocking and striking change. Everyone wondered what had happened to her. Many assumed that the cause of this change was her relationship with the notorious Blake Fielder-Civil, which began around this time.
However, her father Mitch has always said that the downturn in his daughter's life began after his mother Cynthia died in 2006.
Cynthia Winehouse was a singer herself who once dated jazz legend Ronnie Scott. That relationship ended due to an unbridgeable obstacle: Winehouse would not sleep with Scott until they married, whereas he would not marry her until they had slept together.
Cynthia's influence on her granddaughter was forceful: so much so that Amy got her grandmother's name tattooed on her right arm. It was Cynthia as much as anyone who encouraged Amy to become a singer. They were like two peas in a pod: no wonder Amy was spellbound by her grandmother and so devastated by her death.
There was a less conventional dimension to the spell her grandmother cast on Amy: Cynthia was a keen Tarot card reader. Amy inherited her grandmother's belief in the power of Tarot: she was often seen with a pack of Tarot cards in her hand and when asked if she believed her grandmother could read the future, Amy nodded solemnly and said "Cynthia knew..."
Given the reckless, fatalistic way Amy began to behave in the aftermath of Cynthia's death, the question arises: had something she had read in the cards disturbed her? There are hints in the grave mood and lyrics of her second album to suggest that she believed she was doomed. In the titular Back To Black, Amy sang about her "odds being stacked" and in Love Is A Losing Game she lamented receiving a "losing hand".
Meanwhile, she became obsessed with her own mortality. The video for her single Back To Black featured her at a funeral. When television presenter Simon Amstell asked her what had happened to the more wholesome Amy of the Frank era, she replied: "She's dead". Friends and colleagues confirm that death became a subject of increased conversational interest to Amy.
The narrative that painted her as a helpless naïf, led astray by a manipulative Blake Fielder-Civil, was always unfair on both of them. Fielder-Civil is not that sinister or capable, Amy was never that malleable. Could it be that her downfall was as much due to her dabbling with divination as drugs?

http://www.thefirstp...ey-to-her-death

• TakeTheBox03 likes this

#2 Nigel Jam

Nigel Jam

You Know I'm No Good

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 11:56 AM

Well death has a powerful effect on all of us if the person who dies is a key figure in ones life. I wouldn't think it was just one thing that was to blame but a combination of things. Death of Cynthia probably drove home the fact that eventually she was going to die, combined with the opportunity to take drugs to help her deal with the grief and the relationship with Blake. It is possible deep down she didn't feel there was any one in her life that replaced her gran.

On the matter of the occult... I wonder why she said in this interview with Jonathan Ross...

About someone trying to mold her into a triangle shape and she said "Noooooo!"

#3 africanfusion

africanfusion

You Know I'm No Good

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 12:29 PM

i think its just people trying to find a deeper meaning in things that are just coincidental.

the jonathan ross, triangle thing for example had nothing to do with the illuminati & everything to do with amy's label trying to turn her into a polished product with elocution lessons and media training, she wasn't interested though.
  • TakeTheBox03 and whatisitaboutmen like this

#4 YouShouldBeStrongerThanMe

YouShouldBeStrongerThanMe

I knew you were good, Amy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 271 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 12:36 PM

Wow.... Why make it so dramatic.... Either people try to romanticize her death or make it to a big mystery.

#5 Nigel Jam

Nigel Jam

You Know I'm No Good

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 03:00 PM

i think its just people trying to find a deeper meaning in things that are just coincidental.

the jonathan ross, triangle thing for example had nothing to do with the illuminati & everything to do with amy's label trying to turn her into a polished product with elocution lessons and media training, she wasn't interested though.

Yes but no but - this interview was around 2003 - before everybody started doing that triangle shape with the hands, was it Jay Z who called it the "diamond" which conspiracy theorists said was sign of the illuminati.

As for ellocution and media training don't they do that at Brit School and other places she went to?

#6 Tara

Tara

This Bird Has Flown...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,410 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 03:31 PM

I think he's putting 2 & 2 together and making 5...
Posted Image

'Memories mar my mind, love is a fate resigned'

#7 Johanna

Johanna

What Kind Of Fuckery Is This?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 374 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 03:33 PM

Amy tatooed the name of her Granny Cynthia on her rightarm AFTER the dead of her Granny . I tattood the name of Amy on my rightarm after de dead of Amy with a hart beneath . :'-( Cynthia and Amy where interested in the occult , so do i . I think Cyntie visit Amy in her sleep as she wishted and taked Amy with her . Am i next ? Visit me in my dream tonight Amy , grab my hand and i follow you . B-)

#8 Amysanchorcat

Amysanchorcat

Hey, little rich girl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,125 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 03:42 PM

FFS, whats with all the OTT-ness over-analysin an innocent gesture, and things that just happen in life, jeez, get a grip!!.

Fuck all that shit, she was an amazing talent, lovely girl but troubled, simple as, focus on the good stuff, instead if talking shit!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] The Only Time I Hold Ur Hand Is To Get The Angle Right

#9 ChipsAndPitta

ChipsAndPitta

I Told Ya I Was Trouble

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 526 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 06:52 PM

I take it you're a believer then Berny :lol:

At the end of the day people can conjure up their own rules and try to claim it means something with anything! So she made a shape on telly, and? She believed in tarot cards, and? If she was part of some illuminati then so be it but its too late to change anything now.

Amy lived her life as Amy and went through things people 3 times her age probably haven't gone through. Its under 2 weeks now until the full cause of death is explianed. We gotta celebrate Amy's time on earth and enjoy the great music she made.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I'm on Twitts >>> https://twitter.com/Baris1989 <<<

#10 Amysanchorcat

Amysanchorcat

Hey, little rich girl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,125 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 07:03 PM

I take it you're a believer then Berny :lol:

At the end of the day people can conjure up their own rules and try to claim it means something with anything! So she made a shape on telly, and? She believed in tarot cards, and? If she was part of some illuminati then so be it but its too late to change anything now.

Amy lived her life as Amy and went through things people 3 times her age probably haven't gone through. Its under 2 weeks now until the full cause of death is explianed. We gotta celebrate Amy's time on earth and enjoy the great music she made.

Whatever makes you think that?, lol. Nah, have no interest in bull like conspiracy and illuminati shit, loads people are interested in mediums, and tarot, don't mean your a mad occultist, really think people get carried away with their imaginations, she faked her death, it was suicide, it was murder, she made remark bout pin up girls, she must be bi, she was close to kelly osborne, ooh they must been upto something, pathetic and ridiculous, blah blah blah she made a bloody joke about being moulded into a triangle, ooh its a sign, no, it is not, its just Amy being Amy, ffs.

Thank you chipsandpitta, feels weird calling you that, lol. Wish people would stop talking nonsense and enjoy her music and her sweet and funny nature, not make something out of nothing x

#11 AmyInBlood

AmyInBlood

My Love For You Is Getting Bigger By The Day!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 07:11 PM

Amy tatooed the name of her Granny Cynthia on her rightarm AFTER the dead of her Granny . I tattood the name of Amy on my rightarm after de dead of Amy with a hart beneath . :'-( Cynthia and Amy where interested in the occult , so do i . I think Cyntie visit Amy in her sleep as she wishted and taked Amy with her . Am i next ? Visit me in my dream tonight Amy , grab my hand and i follow you . B-)

Exactly. Everything went the wrong way for my girl after the death of her granny. And everything is going the wrong way for me since Amy died. So I'm waiting Amy take me with you! <3 :'-(
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I love you so much Amy! :D

#12 africanfusion

africanfusion

You Know I'm No Good

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 07:19 PM

Yes but no but - this interview was around 2003 - before everybody started doing that triangle shape with the hands, was it Jay Z who called it the "diamond" which conspiracy theorists said was sign of the illuminati.

As for ellocution and media training don't they do that at Brit School and other places she went to?

no i don't think that would be part of the curriculum.

#13 ChipsAndPitta

ChipsAndPitta

I Told Ya I Was Trouble

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 526 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 08:26 PM

Whatever makes you think that?, lol. Nah, have no interest in bull like conspiracy and illuminati shit, loads people are interested in mediums, and tarot, don't mean your a mad occultist, really think people get carried away with their imaginations, she faked her death, it was suicide, it was murder, she made remark bout pin up girls, she must be bi, she was close to kelly osborne, ooh they must been upto something, pathetic and ridiculous, blah blah blah she made a bloody joke about being moulded into a triangle, ooh its a sign, no, it is not, its just Amy being Amy, ffs.

Thank you chipsandpitta, feels weird calling you that, lol. Wish people would stop talking nonsense and enjoy her music and her sweet and funny nature, not make something out of nothing x

Lol... I agree.

Btw, you can call me Baris...... or chipsandpitta if you prefer LOL Thanks for the friend invite too B-)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I'm on Twitts >>> https://twitter.com/Baris1989 <<<

#14 Amysanchorcat

Amysanchorcat

Hey, little rich girl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,125 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 10:27 PM

Lol... I agree.

Btw, you can call me Baris...... or chipsandpitta if you prefer LOL Thanks for the friend invite too B-)

;) cool, cheerz chipsandpitta, lol, no worries bout invite, some cool people on here, that talk sense.. ;) you included Baris :) x

#15 JamaicaAndSpain

JamaicaAndSpain

There's this ache in my chest

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,117 posts

Posted 14 October 2011 - 12:23 AM

;) cool, cheerz chipsandpitta, lol, no worries bout invite, some cool people on here, that talk sense.. ;) you included Baris :) x

Yay, apparently I am a cool person :D
>:-( "These tears won't dry without you, Amy." >:-(

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users