Photo
- - - - -

Back to Black Video used derelict church.

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#16 Amysanchorcat

Amysanchorcat

Hey, little rich girl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,125 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 05:29 PM

Beatles had the Cavern club in Liverpool, whats a place synonymous with Amy in Camden? x
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] The Only Time I Hold Ur Hand Is To Get The Angle Right

#17 Nigel Jam

Nigel Jam

You Know I'm No Good

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 05:40 PM

We may visit London next year. We would love to do an "Amy Tour". It seems that some enterprising business would have something like that.

Does anyone know the house number/address where she was raised? I know it's in Southgate. Also she was born at Enfield Chase Hospital ( a long way from Camden and Central London ) I think. Which is where you could start your "Amy Tour!" :D

Edited by Nigel Jam, 27 October 2011 - 06:19 PM.

#18 Nigel Jam

Nigel Jam

You Know I'm No Good

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 06:20 PM

Beatles had the Cavern club in Liverpool, whats a place synonymous with Amy in Camden? x

You know it's the Hawley Arms...with all it's charms!;-)

#19 Amysanchorcat

Amysanchorcat

Hey, little rich girl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,125 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 06:23 PM

Yeah, i know bout Hawley arms, but was there a venue she played, in early days, or is that Sams jazz place? x

#20 Tiny Penny

Tiny Penny

Play all my records, keep dancing all night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,611 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 06:43 PM

There's the Good Mixer too - in that London Radio Interview I posted ages ago she states that as her favourite pub as she can just relax, listen to the jukebox and play pool.

Wouldn't it be nice if someone set up this tour and we all met up to do it - it could raise some money for the foundation too! :-)
I love you in a place where there's no space or time...Forever you will be a true friend of mine:)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#21 ChipsAndPitta

ChipsAndPitta

I Told Ya I Was Trouble

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 526 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 08:42 PM

^ Yeah, it was on this interview she talks about her love for London :D

http://www.audiosush...th-robert-elms/
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I'm on Twitts >>> https://twitter.com/Baris1989 <<<

#22 tunisianswife

tunisianswife

Susan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 786 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 11:35 PM

although my husband and I are going to Dublin and then to London next May, I would love it if we could plan on meeting in London as a group around the time of her birthday and do our own 'Amy' tour. We could set up some kind of itinerary and launch our own 2-3 day tour. People could join in at whatever time they could...rather for a day, or two, or all 3, etc.

It would give us something to look forward to on this forum, and we could finally get to meet the faces behind the posts. I've already planned on taking off that week of work 'just in case' I decide to go to London and meet up w/someone here from the forum.
:'-(She was the DiVinci of my music world!

#23 ancre

ancre

Just friends

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,253 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 01:09 PM

I think Susan's idea is great!
During coming weeks I'll try to make a preliminary list of places based on interviews and my own knowledge etc. Apart from that we could discuss them together. Your help is essential - I'm not from London but I can use maps, hehe... ChChanel's visit was great inspiration too!

#24 Amysanchorcat

Amysanchorcat

Hey, little rich girl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,125 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 01:14 PM

Cool x

#25 Tiny Penny

Tiny Penny

Play all my records, keep dancing all night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,611 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 02:21 PM

I would love that! Fab idea! Xx
I love you in a place where there's no space or time...Forever you will be a true friend of mine:)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#26 CHCHANEL

CHCHANEL

rulers one thing but come brixton

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 614 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 03:05 PM

I'm in! :)

Posted Image

#27 Nasha

Nasha

Amy Amy Amy...

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 479 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 02:49 AM

although my husband and I are going to Dublin and then to London next May, I would love it if we could plan on meeting in London as a group around the time of her birthday and do our own 'Amy' tour. We could set up some kind of itinerary and launch our own 2-3 day tour. People could join in at whatever time they could...rather for a day, or two, or all 3, etc.

It would give us something to look forward to on this forum, and we could finally get to meet the faces behind the posts. I've already planned on taking off that week of work 'just in case' I decide to go to London and meet up w/someone here from the forum.

It's a great idea!! I'm in (just hope I'll be able to take some time off work at that moment of the year)!

During coming weeks I'll try to make a preliminary list of places based on interviews and my own knowledge etc. Apart from that we could discuss them together. Your help is essential - I'm not from London but I can use maps, hehe...

I'm also working on that. The interview ChipsAndPitta mentioned in this thread is really helpful, though a little difficult to understand for me, at times, since their accents aren't always easy to understand. For example, I've listened to that part of the interview over and over, but I can't get what Amy says about her favorite view of London (I can't even understand where it is).

I guess, from what I understood of the interview, that an "Amy's London" tour won't take us to the West End LOL ..
"I should just be my own best friend"

Amy Winehouse (1983-2011)

#28 BeehiveQueen

BeehiveQueen

Camden Girl

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 504 posts
  • LocationHollywood, CA

Posted 30 December 2013 - 08:32 AM

This is a great thread. I really enjoyed reading the comments on here.
I will definately be back in London March and September 2014 for a month each stay.

If anybody wants a REALLY thorough Amy tour please let me know. I'm happy to take you to all of the places associated with her.
I spent so much time there last time I've figure out how to do see it all quickly.
Although I would put aside a 2 days for Amy stuff. There is a lot of ground to cover..

Abney Park Cemetary is awesome it's right near Dalston and a quick bus ride up the high street. I enjoyed getting lost in there.
If anything it was hard to picture the cemetary as it was in the video because I was there in September. The weather was nice and warm. The trees all still had their leaves on them.
The church was all fenced off because it looks like they are repairing it but I loved they way it looked dilapidated.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users