24 replies to this topic

#16 Birdieava

Birdieava

Never miss a night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,453 posts

Posted 24 October 2011 - 03:04 AM

I want to believe what you are saying because the biggest problem for me to handle when she died was that I was never going to meet her or tell her how much her music means to me and that she has to hang on and take care of herself.
I want to believe in her soul is with us, but when I think logical about it, I feel like her soul is mostly watching over her family because they meant the world to her.

please don't feel sad about it cuz you can still tell her/thank her! .....
When we reach out to B-) with the intention of communicating with her through our Soul, we should move beyond the limitation of daily life as a human being, meaning, the afterlife (on the soul / spiritual level) carries nothing of what we have here : physical matter! we must leave it all behind.

Mitch says it all the time - he knows she is around ;-)
and there are many of us getting messages almost daily - dreams (which i have not had), signs, etc.

"It is the "human" element, the natural man element, that therefore stands in the way and needs to be overcome (not trashed, but overcome -- gained synergistic mastery over) in order for pure soul communication to take place. And here is where the teachings of religions come into play -- how to overcome or master the flesh with its pride, its base passions, its ego, its noise." - Sterling D. Allan

#17 Mama_Haze

Mama_Haze

Hazy Lady

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,402 posts

Posted 24 October 2011 - 12:49 PM

Personally.... I think it's perfectly possible for a soul to be with more than one person, in more than one place at any given time. Most faiths teach us God is omnipotent and I believe this is the same for other souls too.

I have also felt her with me, in small ways. Last week, I had a lousy day and when I put on my iPod, it played 'Addicted' - one of my faves - even though it was telling me the song playing was Carly Simon. I had to smile.

She's about. We are all watched over all the time by those we loved and lost. I'm sure you have all seen the odd angel feather.

She would not want any of us to be hurting, but to channel our grief into positive things things she would have been proud of or enjoyed. I saw a lot of a younger me in Amy, which is one of the reasons I liked her so much. She never compromised herself. It didn't always make her popular or happy, but she was true to herself and honest to a fault, despite her problems. Watching her, never losing the 'common touch' or shooing away autograph-hunting kids while she was struggling herself... she made me want to be a better person.

I miss her every day too. But I won't let the unfairness of her passing make me bitter - God knows, I have been surrounded by enough death in the past few years in my life. I have to believe that God has a more important job for our loved ones in another realm. Only the very special ones get to be angels. They have a job to do that is far too important for this mortal coil.

Just my 2c....

#18 YouShouldBeStrongerThanMe

YouShouldBeStrongerThanMe

I knew you were good, Amy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 271 posts

Posted 24 October 2011 - 02:18 PM

Maybe it is because I'm not really religious like you seem to be, Mama_Haze. But I like the way you express it and it gives me comfort thinking about it like that.

#19 Amysanchorcat

Amysanchorcat

Hey, little rich girl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,125 posts

Posted 24 October 2011 - 03:32 PM

I kinda wondered that, you know about her being with several people, but i guess as she is a soul and we love her, she feels it, i am a Roman catholic, i do believe our loved ones watch over us, guide us.

But at risk of sounding like a cavewoman, what its it to feel a presence and know its Amy for sure, or when you wanting a sign or something, i have never in all my days seen an Angel feather in reality, more birds than soft mick outside our house not just pigeons anymore, gulls, ducks, crows, magpies, starlings i live in centre on Manchester, not countryside or near sea, only feathers/wings i see.

I ask my Guardian Angel, spirit guide and all that, sweet FA happens for me, i'm a good person, still nowt, lol.

Mama haze, like ur words, Its just seems wrong that she's not here, she should be, makes me feel it more seeing her in early days, and her getting better, happy again, in love again. x
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] The Only Time I Hold Ur Hand Is To Get The Angle Right

#20 pearljo

pearljo

♪♫♫ vaginal bleeding

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,242 posts

Posted 24 October 2011 - 07:17 PM

I'd love to think that people I have lost are now some heavenly beings sitting on a cloud with nothing better to do than spend eternity looking down at the shit pile they just left. Just like many people believe there's a god that watches over us and keeps us safe. Good luck with that one.

I think we've made all of this up to comfort us when we have to suffer through someone's death. We want to know they are in a 'better place.' So, why don't we just begin life in a 'better place'?

There are too many bad things that happen for me to believe in some meta-physical force guiding us along here in lala land. How else to explain the death of a prophet while evil men flourish? So, the prophet will be blessed in the afterlife?

I think this is the last rodeo.

#21 AmyInBlood

AmyInBlood

My Love For You Is Getting Bigger By The Day!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 24 October 2011 - 08:00 PM

I'd love to think that people I have lost are now some heavenly beings sitting on a cloud with nothing better to do than spend eternity looking down at the shit pile they just left. Just like many people believe there's a god that watches over us and keeps us safe. Good luck with that one.

I think we've made all of this up to comfort us when we have to suffer through someone's death. We want to know they are in a 'better place.' So, why don't we just begin life in a 'better place'?

There are too many bad things that happen for me to believe in some meta-physical force guiding us along here in lala land. How else to explain the death of a prophet while evil men flourish? So, the prophet will be blessed in the afterlife?

NO, NO, NO! It's not I know Amy's in a better place! Please don't say that! I can't stop crying.
Amy you're in a better place right girl? Amy... :'-(
LOVE YOU SOOOOOO MUCH!!! <3
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I love you so much Amy! :D

#22 JamaicaAndSpain

JamaicaAndSpain

There's this ache in my chest

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,117 posts

Posted 24 October 2011 - 08:39 PM

I always thought of it that way. I never believed in life after death or anything, but now I really do hope that there is some place like heaven - I just can't accept Amy to be completely gone, you know?
>:-( "These tears won't dry without you, Amy." >:-(

#23 Cecilia

Cecilia

What kind of fuckery is this?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,187 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 24 October 2011 - 08:46 PM

I'm of the same view as Pearljo here, but that's my opinion and I'm not going to try to convince anyone else here. I also believe in the power of faith, whether it is based in truth or not. People get a lot of strength from their faith, so if believing Amy is in a better place and looking over us helps you, than that belief is good.

#24 AMYstery

AMYstery

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 197 posts

Posted 24 October 2011 - 09:44 PM

I also feel the same way as Pearljo, but sometimes we all need some comforting thoughts.A few weeks ago I saw this really interesting documentary with Morgan Freeman :

Through the wormhole. Is there life after death ?

[vbtube]iDu5X-NMghg[/vbtube]

I liked the idea of Douglas Hofstadter, every person we interact with in our lives leaves an imprint in our brains (material patterns of neurons that store images,memories,sounds,emotions,...).We just need to think about them and we can visualize them, all of the data is stored in billions of connections. He gave the example of Chopin, his brain produced music almost 2 centuries ago. But even today some people carry these sounds and emotions in their own memory. So part of his soul lives on. Same thing for our loved ones, we all carry a crude mini-copy of them in our brain, thousands of thoughts, pictures and feelings. And for artists like Amy this will continue for centuries.

Also for those of you who believe that there is even more, in the documentary there is a man talking about his "near death experience" and he is describing this landscape with butterflies,what a coincidence...made me think about Mitch.:)

#25 Birdieava

Birdieava

Never miss a night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,453 posts

Posted 24 October 2011 - 11:21 PM

How else to explain the death of a prophet while evil men flourish? So, the prophet will be blessed in the afterlife?

for our own unique selves, YES
once we die, we forget everything 8-/

there will never be another birdie, pearljo, amy, etc.

but, spiritually speaking, we are eternal :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users