Photo
- - - - -

Have you ever seen Amy live?

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 gpozzo

gpozzo

I swear I'm gonna love you until eternity...

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 647 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 08:29 PM

I don't know if there's already any thread like this in the forum, but I didn't find. If it does exist, please remove this one.

I would like to know if the members have ever seen Amy live and when/where it was. :D I attended the first gig she performed in Brazil, Florianopolis (the white and pink dress) and it was the most fantastic day in my life ever. Even with her death, I still can't believe that I saw my diva so close to me.

And what about you? :D

"Cuz I miss your ginger hair and the way you liked to dress."

My YouTube Channel

#2 Amysanchorcat

Amysanchorcat

Hey, little rich girl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,125 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 08:34 PM

Nope, would loved to have, would loved to have met her too and give her a hug! x
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] The Only Time I Hold Ur Hand Is To Get The Angle Right

#3 Juan19

Juan19

RIP AmyWinehouse. We miss you

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 591 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 08:40 PM

nope. i would of love to see her live but never had the chance.

#4 gpozzo

gpozzo

I swear I'm gonna love you until eternity...

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 647 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 08:49 PM

Nope, would loved to have, would loved to have met her too and give her a hug! x

I always thought it was easy to meet her in the UK, but I've known a lot of british people that never got the chance to meet her too. :(

"Cuz I miss your ginger hair and the way you liked to dress."

My YouTube Channel

#5 Tiny Penny

Tiny Penny

Play all my records, keep dancing all night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,611 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 08:49 PM

Yes, saw her at V Festival in 2008. She was totally wasted and I just remember her beehive bobbing about! It wasn't her best performance, she was poss at her worst during this time but the atmosphere was amazing. I remember thinking that she wasn't at her best and would go and see her again in a more intimate venue when she was back on form - gutted that I never did. Loved her before, during and after!

Always totally dreamed of meeting her too - still do strangely. Like so many, just want to hug her and listen to her stories. So many questions... Xxxx
I love you in a place where there's no space or time...Forever you will be a true friend of mine:)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#6 Amysanchorcat

Amysanchorcat

Hey, little rich girl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,125 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 08:56 PM

She's very loveable, she's someone you just want to love, look after, maybe my maternal side, but, seeing all the pap stuff, i wanted to look after her, protect her, when she was going through those times. So many people wanted to hug, love this girl. x
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] The Only Time I Hold Ur Hand Is To Get The Angle Right

#7 Nasha

Nasha

Amy Amy Amy...

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 479 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 08:58 PM

Unfortunately no... That'll always be a big big big regret of mine :(, especially since she did perform a few times in France... ZĂ©nith, October 2007, one of her best concerts ever, apparently... Man I wish I'd been there... But I couldn't ... Next one (Rock en Seine, 2008) was canceled...I kept hoping there would be a next time, some day ... :(

Edited by Nasha, 01 November 2011 - 12:06 AM.

"I should just be my own best friend"

Amy Winehouse (1983-2011)

#8 ChipsAndPitta

ChipsAndPitta

I Told Ya I Was Trouble

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 526 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 09:00 PM

Always totally dreamed of meeting her too - still do strangely. Like so many, just want to hug her and listen to her stories. So many questions... Xxxx

Absolutely same here. A big hug and been there for her when she was lonely and just wanted someone to chat with.

Unfortunately i never saw her live, gutted i can't rectify it now.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I'm on Twitts >>> https://twitter.com/Baris1989 <<<

#9 Tiny Penny

Tiny Penny

Play all my records, keep dancing all night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,611 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 09:04 PM

I just regret that the time i did see her she was wasted and so was I - totally! 2008 bad times for both of us! haha! Always just thought I would see her again and again as imagined she would always be part of my life as we are the same age etc. Ugh, don't even have photos or clear memories!
I love you in a place where there's no space or time...Forever you will be a true friend of mine:)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#10 W1nEh0use

W1nEh0use

We only said goodbye with words ....

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 09:05 PM

No.

Have to live with that now.

Imagine sharing the same lifetime as her and never taking the opportunity.

Actually don't want to think about it!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Dido will kill you!"

#11 Johanna

Johanna

What Kind Of Fuckery Is This?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 374 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 10:27 AM

Meet her only in dream . :'-(

#12 Birdieava

Birdieava

Never miss a night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,453 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 07:15 PM

never did .... i still kick myself - she came to SF in 2007, not a very good year i watched some you tubes and they aren't very good quality.... anyways, this is from another time in her life:

*SIGH*

"I must be a mermaid. I have no fear of depths and a great fear of shallow living."

- Anais Nin 

#13 Amy Jenna Harper

Amy Jenna Harper

Amy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,751 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 07:37 PM

The same..I didn't have the chance to meet her..I 'am so upset because I know that she came to my city..accually I can think that she was close to me . :/

One name,one word : Amy <3
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#14 amysarmynow

amysarmynow

You Know I'm No Good

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 230 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 08:15 PM

My "Amy Adoration Disease" began in 2003.

Chicago, 2007, made the affliction terminal.

It was extremely hot and I was pretty sure she would have a heat stroke, but she just kept cranking 'em out. Most of the crowd had come to see other artists, but they became quite hypnotized by Amy almost immediately.

On account of me being old, I have seen just about every notable performer since the 1960s. (Joplin was fun. But, AJW's classical training put her far above ALL the rest.)

MJ put on the best shows; production values were always outstanding and he was definitely the best of the best performers.

The Rolling Stones were super exciting in smaller venues. But, "Bridges To Babylon" was VERY exciting, too. Great showmen and fabulous musicians.

With apologies to everyone from Elvis to John/Paul/George/Ringo, if I could ONLY keep one "musical memory" - and had to forget all of the rest - I would choose to remember being a few yards from Amy while she did her thing. (And, yes, I felt that way before 7-23-11.) She simply "touched me" in ways that NO other musician EVER did; or ever will again.

Some of the attraction was likely the fatherly side of me feeling driven to "protect the tiny fragile princess," but the music and the skilled delivery were very powerful forces, too.

While I am lucky to have seen her, the terrible pain of knowing I will never do so again is almost enough to make me wish I had not. Almost, but not quite.

#15 tunisianswife

tunisianswife

Susan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 786 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 01:25 AM

^^^whoa. as always, so eloquently written. Love your writing style anyway.

I join the numbers of those of you that are so rueful. I kept up with her 'upcoming tours' in 2008, etc but due to cancellations, I was afraid to spend the money only to have the show cancelled.

I honestly had thought about trying to get a ticket anywhere in Europe for her summer tour; didn't care which one. I did think about it a bit but to be honest, I was afraid that I would have spent alot of money on travel, hotel, etc. and then...well, we know how it turned out so I guess it was best I decided against it. I kept thinking that I would wait a bit until she got better and then try. Brazil was out of the question at the time because of other commitments on my end.

In hindsight which we all know is 20/20, I wish I had gone to one of those shows; would not have mattered.

someday I have to believe that we all will be able to have our own private concert with her.
:'-(She was the DiVinci of my music world!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users