[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#47 lyricgenius

lyricgenius

To my heart, she carries the key

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,518 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 11:41 PM

This sounds great. Her voice is in top form and suprisingly Frank-ish, which I love. I didn't expect either of those things, given that it was recorded in 2008 (right?). But it's wonderful. Reminds me a little bit of "Long Day". Always thought she was at the height of her vocal powers in the Frank days.

I be out in London, Camden
Huntin’ for the answers, why did God take away the homie?

Love that.
Posted Image
"Flawed yet fabulous, tormented yet towering"

#48 cez

cez

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 12:02 AM

just loved ♥

#49 Cariena

Cariena

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 12:45 AM

it's beautiful god bless Amy.

#50 D-Bomb

D-Bomb

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 02:13 AM

This sounds great. Her voice is in top form and suprisingly Frank-ish, which I love. I didn't expect either of those things, given that it was recorded in 2008 (right?). But it's wonderful. Reminds me a little bit of "Long Day". Always thought she was at the height of her vocal powers in the Frank days.

Love that.

Agreed, I figured her voice would be deeper and "heavier." Its kinda somewhere between Frank and Back to Black. I need to wrap my head around the fact that she may not have recorded much in 2008,9 or 10.

I would understand b/c 2008 was troublesome, but she seemed to have mellowed out after that. *sigh*

#51 crol

crol

i'm not ashamed, but the guilt will kill you

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 02:14 AM

Interesting that Salaam said she was never inebriated around him, and yet this was recorded in May '08. We all remember that month. The night she assaulted someone in a bar, the trip to henley, the arrest, watching pete doherty play soccer, the mice video = all in May '08

#52 dunkinz

dunkinz

You Know I'm No Good

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 241 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 06:06 AM

Interesting that Salaam said she was never inebriated around him, and yet this was recorded in May '08. We all remember that month. The night she assaulted someone in a bar, the trip to henley, the arrest, watching pete doherty play soccer, the mice video = all in May '08

Yet she still made a phenomenal music! Our girl's pure genius,
You're wondering now, what to do.. Now you know this is the end.
You're wondering how, you will pay for the way you misbehaved.

I will love you forever Amy Jade x

#53 ohmr

ohmr

No sweeter song, no heart so true

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 578 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 06:26 AM

Does anybody remember an article about an Amy song that said something about "colder than a penguin pussy?" Sorry. I just realized Nas said that in this song. I thought it was from a line Amy wrote, though?

Amy, are you happy?
She squints suspiciously at me.
"About what?"
About life.
"I'm happy about this salad."

#54 Amy-Fan2

Amy-Fan2

You know i'm no good

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 248 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 10:35 AM

http://celebrity-gos...sten-now-558287

#55 Cynthia

Cynthia

Addicted to her

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 699 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 11:07 AM

I think Salaam should take the first chorus again and put it in the end before the "oooh, ooh". So the song would be longer & we would have more of Amy in it. ;-)
Amy flies in paradise

#56 tselekoglu

tselekoglu

Amy, Amy, Amy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 727 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 11:38 AM

I think, Salaam Remi should edit the song again coz Amy's parts are really unsatisfactory. But the song is still beautiful though I don't like rap. :)
Posted Image
16 letters, 3 words, 5 syllables, 1 woman, a big talent;

Amy Jade Winehouse :missyou:

My Amy Fan Page >> http://www.facebook.com/BritLioness

My Tumblr >> http://winehouseanddelrey.tumblr.com/

#57 AJW4eva

AJW4eva

In the morning you're vexed

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 207 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 12:22 PM

Does anybody remember an article about an Amy song that said something about "colder than a penguin pussy?" Sorry. I just realized Nas said that in this song. I thought it was from a line Amy wrote, though?

There was an article in The Guardian that mentions this (it's on page 7 of the thread about the new album) -

The producer also explained the meaning in Nas's verse behind the phrase "colder than a penguin's pussy", saying it was a phrase that Winehouse herself – who could be "quite the comedian, and very clever" – taught the rapper. "If you think about it," Remi added, "a penguin drags its ass on the ground all day". Nas also references Winehouse's death, when he raps about a visit to Camden, and his belief in heaven. The song is another strong Remi production, with lavish strings and a flute in the mix. It seems to detail the end of an affair.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#58 ancre

ancre

Just friends

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,253 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 02:14 PM

OMG, I was offline for the last day and I've just listened to this track. I cannot say anything - I'm just crying.

#59 D-Bomb

D-Bomb

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 04:50 PM

I think, Salaam Remi should edit the song again coz Amy's parts are really unsatisfactory. But the song is still beautiful though I don't like rap. :)

Nothing should be edited. Those are the part Amy left, she's not here to add on or rerecord. All they can do is put a chorus on a loop or pick a vocal track if thats what she left.

#60 Amy Jenna Harper

Amy Jenna Harper

Amy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,751 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 05:01 PM

Love this song..it's so nice to have two differents things together..sound really nice..

One name,one word : Amy <3
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users