21 replies to this topic

#1 Cynthia

Cynthia

Addicted to her

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 699 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 12:25 PM

This article is basically about how Amy enjoyed performing her songs and that he still misses her and sometimes thinks, she's coming over to his studio.
And there is also just some info about Lioness and her death but what i really thought is noteworthy is that Mark doesn't have any more material of Amy.

For Lioness he has searched his hard disk and these two songs were the only one he had (Will you still love me & Valerie).

http://www.stern.de/...gi-1764145.html

In my opinion he could release the Original Demo of Wake Up Alone. He still has it, that would be enough for me.
Amy flies in paradise

#2 Divine_Comedy

Divine_Comedy

Lost is just what can't be seen.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 203 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 02:36 PM

Well, yeah everyone said that she wrote her next album, just never recorded it. She had the track list and everything. Such a shame :(

*and if what calls itself a world should
have the luck to hear such singing*

http://www.amywinehouseforum.co.uk/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1716&dateline=1327218895

#3 Birdieava

Birdieava

Never miss a night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,453 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 02:44 PM

Thanks!!!

(now maybe he can go away)
Enough already with him...

"I must be a mermaid. I have no fear of depths and a great fear of shallow living."

- Anais Nin 

#4 gpozzo

gpozzo

I swear I'm gonna love you until eternity...

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 647 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 04:13 PM

Don't think that's true. I'm almost sure Amy's third album was finished, and they're going to release it soon.

Ronson has got, at least, all original demos from Back to Black.

"Cuz I miss your ginger hair and the way you liked to dress."

My YouTube Channel

#5 ladyamy

ladyamy

No Greater Love Than What I Feel For You

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,191 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 07:03 PM

That Ronson doesn't have any more material doesn't mean that there aren't songs that need to be produced and can be eventually released. People from Island Records and Dionne said several times that they had listened to the new album and that it was really good. Mitch and Janis talked in 2008 about the new songs she had recorded in an interview in the Madame Tussauds museum and there is also the album the record company rejected for sounding "too reggae". I'm 99% sure that Lioness it's not the last album we're gonna have.
I’m a firm believer that we all meet up in eternity

#6 Heroxmasox

Heroxmasox

Noob

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 07:22 PM

That Ronson doesn't have any more material doesn't mean that there aren't songs that need to be produced and can be eventually released. People from Island Records and Dionne said several times that they had listened to the new album and that it was really good. Mitch and Janis talked in 2008 about the new songs she had recorded in an interview in the Madame Tussauds museum and there is also the album the record company rejected for sounding "too reggae". I'm 99% sure that Lioness it's not the last album we're gonna have.

There are also a number of other covers from 2002-2004 period - Not just Our Day Will Come and the Girls from Ipanema - I read somewhere and I'll try find it again that she did covers of a number of Sarah Vaughan and Billie Holliday classics. I suspect there will be further releases.

#7 Michael-19496

Michael-19496

Cherry

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 08:56 PM

Ronson may not have any but I'm sure there are hundreds of recordings of Amy over the years that are out there and some will be released in the years to come.
I think Mark Ronson has more than he's letting on, but may not want to release anymore.
Amy had pretty much finished writing her third album but hadn't recorded it. But I'm sure she recorded some rough cut's with Salaam since 2008 in London and St. Lucia for the third album.
I wonder if we will ever hear them.
Posted Image
Rip Amy Winehouse. 1983 - 2011
We haven't lost anyone. We've only gained an angel.

#8 jcable06

jcable06

Marilyn Monroe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,606 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 09:13 PM

This article is basically about how Amy enjoyed performing her songs and that he still misses her and sometimes thinks, she's coming over to his studio.
And there is also just some info about Lioness and her death but what i really thought is noteworthy is that Mark doesn't have any more material of Amy.

For Lioness he has searched his hard disk and these two songs were the only one he had (Will you still love me & Valerie).

http://www.stern.de/...gi-1764145.html

In my opinion he could release the Original Demo of Wake Up Alone. He still has it, that would be enough for me.

Wake up alone is on lhidden treasures
Posted Image
James Dean ....

#9 Juan19

Juan19

RIP AmyWinehouse. We miss you

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 591 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 09:38 PM

If this is true, at least amy left us a lot of songs of her. Its sad that we didn't get to hear the 3rd album, but I'm happy she left us with enough songs!

#10 Dani14

Dani14

You're the sweetest thing I've ever known

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 487 posts
  • LocationGreece/Piraeus

Posted 18 December 2011 - 11:07 PM

I don't know if this is true, but at the moment they are promoting Hidden Treasures. It would make no sense to talk about additional material.

60do5Ti.jpg

#11 Heroxmasox

Heroxmasox

Noob

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 11:51 PM

I don't know if this is true, but at the moment they are promoting Hidden Treasures. It would make no sense to talk about additional material.

Exactly - And nowhere is it being promoted as her final work... I haven't seen anything along the lines of the only new work she left.

I think this album was to test the waters and the amount of material carefully measured so that there can be later releases... I guarantee you from a marketing point-of-view if this was it we'd be told to get the final ever "new" music now...

#12 Divine_Comedy

Divine_Comedy

Lost is just what can't be seen.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 203 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 01:19 AM

I dunno Ronson seems genuine, can't say he is, but doesn't seem the type to lie about that for record sales. She might have tons or recording, but not enough to complete a song, or an entire album. She was in the works of figuring out her next album, but was unable to follow through. Who knows, though.

*and if what calls itself a world should
have the luck to hear such singing*

http://www.amywinehouseforum.co.uk/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1716&dateline=1327218895

#13 AJW4eva

AJW4eva

In the morning you're vexed

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 207 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 01:20 AM

Wake up alone is on lhidden treasures

There is another version of Wake Up Alone as well (the original B2B demo rather than the acoustic one). The OP and myself were both hoping it would be this one on Hidden Treasures, but alas it isn't.

http://amywinehousef...ake mark ronson

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#14 crol

crol

i'm not ashamed, but the guilt will kill you

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 01:56 AM

The Wake Up Alone demo on LHT was produced by Paul O'Duffy, there's also a demo that Mark produced.

During the sessions for It's My Party, Amy supposedly recorded 3 tracks with Mark, one of them being You Don't Own Me. At least that's what Mitch said at the time (if I recall correctly).

EDIT: Mitch said this on the Showbiz Rant (Mitch had his on web based show, for those of you who didn't know):

"She was with her ex husband on Saturday because it was his birthday. Over the weekend she did three tracks for Quincy Jones. She's doing great."

http://www.mirror.co...15875-22205668/

Edited by crol, 19 December 2011 - 02:08 AM.

#15 Birdieava

Birdieava

Never miss a night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,453 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 04:28 AM

The Wake Up Alone demo on LHT was produced by Paul O'Duffy, there's also a demo that Mark produced.

During the sessions for It's My Party, Amy supposedly recorded 3 tracks with Mark, one of them being You Don't Own Me. At least that's what Mitch said at the time (if I recall correctly).

EDIT: Mitch said this on the Showbiz Rant (Mitch had his on web based show, for those of you who didn't know):

http://www.mirror.co...15875-22205668/

This is off topic a little
Pls continue thread,,,,,,just pics from that wknd.
Shortly after, it was all about Reg finally
I really love It's My Party

http://celebrity-gos...ielder-civil-27

"I must be a mermaid. I have no fear of depths and a great fear of shallow living."

- Anais Nin 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users