21 replies to this topic

#16 Tara

Tara

This Bird Has Flown...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,410 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 11:52 AM

I feel for Mark because he seems to be very sad about Amy. He may not have any more material but I'm pretty sure Salaam Remi does.
Posted Image

'Memories mar my mind, love is a fate resigned'

#17 Michael-19496

Michael-19496

Cherry

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 12:19 PM

I feel for Mark because he seems to be very sad about Amy. He may not have any more material but I'm pretty sure Salaam Remi does.

I agree. I think anybody who has lots of Amy material it is Salaam.
Posted Image
Rip Amy Winehouse. 1983 - 2011
We haven't lost anyone. We've only gained an angel.

#18 jcable06

jcable06

Marilyn Monroe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,606 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 04:47 PM

i didnt know there was another version . my bad . When the song said it was the original i thought that was it . lol
Posted Image
James Dean ....

#19 Nasha

Nasha

Amy Amy Amy...

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 479 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 12:13 AM

I agree. I think anybody who has lots of Amy material it is Salaam.

According to the article about LHT in the NME issue of December 3rd (great article, by the way), he remains vague about it, but said, I quote NME quoting him:

"there might be a couple of other pieces" on his hard drive.

About what should have been the third album, the NME article (by Dan Martin) confirms that it was written, but never fully recorded. I quote the article:

the truth is, that while the actual third album was written, most of the recordings simply don't exist.
This, says Remi, was in the way of how Amy always worked.
"For all her songs she would write the whole thing, and normally the one vocal that she recorded would end up being the song." he says. "The 'Tears Dry' that is on this package, she wrote it for a week in her back garden, she recorded it in one take, then did another vocal take, changing notes here and there. She knew she could sing anything you threw at her, so she would spend weeks working on what she wanted the words to be."

A little anecdote : apparently, still according to the NME article, Amy had told Nas what the 3rd album's working title was: "Really ?".

About the "Back To Black" demos, I'd love to hear them too, and I'm pretty sure they are still on their producers' hard drives...

Edited by Nasha, 21 December 2011 - 01:15 AM.

"I should just be my own best friend"

Amy Winehouse (1983-2011)

#20 Alexdurrant7

Alexdurrant7

Noob

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 12:52 AM

According to the article about LHT in the NME issue of December 3rd (great article, by the way), he remains vague about it, but said, I quote NME quoting him:

About what should have been the third album, the NME article (by Dan Martin) confirms that it was written, but never fully recorded. I quote the article:

A little anecdote : apparently, still according to the NME article, Amy had told Nas what the 3rd album's working title was: "Really ?".

About the "Back To Black" demos, I'd love to hear them too, and I'm pretty sure they are still on their producers's hard drives...

I have the Back to Black original demo, and have done for a while... I wasn't aware it was a rarity. It's pretty cool a lot of the lyrics are different. I could email it to you if you want?

#21 crol

crol

i'm not ashamed, but the guilt will kill you

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 12:54 AM

Nasha - is there any way you could please scan the nme article and post it on here? I've been searching for it everywhere but none of the shops in my part of the world seem to stock it at the moment..

#22 Nasha

Nasha

Amy Amy Amy...

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 479 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 11:31 PM

I have the Back to Black original demo, and have done for a while... I wasn't aware it was a rarity. It's pretty cool a lot of the lyrics are different. I could email it to you if you want?

I found this on Youtube, is that it (I'm wondering, because the sound quality isn't excellent) ?

Nasha - is there any way you could please scan the nme article and post it on here? I've been searching for it everywhere but none of the shops in my part of the world seem to stock it at the moment..

Well, I have no scanner at home, actually. But I'll be able to scan it this week end (I'm gonna be at my parents' for Christmas, and they have a scanner). Don't want to get into trouble, though, cause the magazine's still available for sale, here for example:

http://www.mags-uk.c...cal_Express.htm
"I should just be my own best friend"

Amy Winehouse (1983-2011)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users