#16 LegendJJ

LegendJJ

Amy, Amy, Amy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 797 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 11:23 PM

LMAO!! 5 years ago, hahaha!

And the thing even more amazing is that AMY is going to get even BIGGER in the upcoming years/decades.

It may not seem like that now but the icons/ legends that pass away prematurely that have a solid fan base always end up becoming huge icons.

Even after AMY died you still have people saying that they do not think she will be remembered that much decades from now.

But people said the same thing about Hendrix.

Hendrix was pretty much in the same position as Amy and ended up releasing 3 albums within 3 to 4 years.

Even after he died, i dont think people knew that he would still be considered huge as he is today. They might have said the same thing they are saying about Amy......that they would be remembered for like the rest of the decade but then forgotten.

JFK was pretty much known worldwide from 61-63 only and I do not think that anyone alive at the time said to themselves that this Marilyn Monroe would be well-known 100 years from now.

That is why i find it hilarious when people act like an artist like Amy who did not even have a 10 year career(but almost had one) is suddenly going to be forgotten.

Like i said it is going to happen LITTLE BY LITTLE

I mean how many times a day, week, month,etc have ALL OF YOU GUYS been on youtube and seen the insane amount of people covering songs by Amy.

Do these naysayers think that is the sign of a musician that is going to be forgotten.

Its little by little

All the people on youtube giving their own versions Amy's songs by making covers of them

All of the unique graffiti scattered across London that capture Amy's look

The recent fashion show

Her clothing line

Talk of there being a statue in London that is dedicated to Amy's memory

etc etc etc

ANd it hasn't even been a year yet...........

Imagine what 5 years will be like.

#17 ladyamy

ladyamy

No Greater Love Than What I Feel For You

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,191 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 11:38 PM

You're so right. I couldn't have said it better. I really believe Amy's day is yet to come.
I’m a firm believer that we all meet up in eternity

#18 LegendJJ

LegendJJ

Amy, Amy, Amy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 797 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 11:41 PM

You're so right. I couldn't have said it better. I really believe Amy's day is yet to come.

Her day is definitely yet to come.

Sometimes i got caught up(when she died) with believing people when they said she would not be that huge decades from now. But you have to look at history............

The same people that said she would only be remembered for "Rehab" they had their parents saying Hendrix would only be remembered for "Purple Haze"

The irony......8-/

#19 tselekoglu

tselekoglu

Amy, Amy, Amy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 727 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 11:06 AM

And the thing even more amazing is that AMY is going to get even BIGGER in the upcoming years/decades.

It may not seem like that now but the icons/ legends that pass away prematurely that have a solid fan base always end up becoming huge icons.

Even after AMY died you still have people saying that they do not think she will be remembered that much decades from now.

But people said the same thing about Hendrix.

Hendrix was pretty much in the same position as Amy and ended up releasing 3 albums within 3 to 4 years.

Even after he died, i dont think people knew that he would still be considered huge as he is today. They might have said the same thing they are saying about Amy......that they would be remembered for like the rest of the decade but then forgotten.

JFK was pretty much known worldwide from 61-63 only and I do not think that anyone alive at the time said to themselves that this Marilyn Monroe would be well-known 100 years from now.

That is why i find it hilarious when people act like an artist like Amy who did not even have a 10 year career(but almost had one) is suddenly going to be forgotten.

Like i said it is going to happen LITTLE BY LITTLE

I mean how many times a day, week, month,etc have ALL OF YOU GUYS been on youtube and seen the insane amount of people covering songs by Amy.

Do these naysayers think that is the sign of a musician that is going to be forgotten.

Its little by little

All the people on youtube giving their own versions Amy's songs by making covers of them

All of the unique graffiti scattered across London that capture Amy's look

The recent fashion show

Her clothing line

Talk of there being a statue in London that is dedicated to Amy's memory

etc etc etc

ANd it hasn't even been a year yet...........

Imagine what 5 years will be like.

You've read my brain!
Posted Image
16 letters, 3 words, 5 syllables, 1 woman, a big talent;

Amy Jade Winehouse :missyou:

My Amy Fan Page >> http://www.facebook.com/BritLioness

My Tumblr >> http://winehouseanddelrey.tumblr.com/

#20 LegendJJ

LegendJJ

Amy, Amy, Amy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 797 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 10:29 PM

By the way whatever statue/ memorial that Amy ends up getting, I hope we do not have idiots vandalizing it with lame "rehab" jokes and things like that.

Didn't people vandalize Jim Morrison's memorial at one point or something?

#21 LondonSweet

LondonSweet

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 10:33 PM

Ok sorry about that. Forgive me.

You scared me for a secondLOL

Hahah how funny this misunderstanding was! I was thinking along the same lines of your comment when I read the post about Lauryn! So funny how text can be so drastically misinterpreted LOL
Nikki
Forever the fan of a musical Genius.

Winehouse~1983-2011
Remember her
8-/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users