18 replies to this topic

#16 MDPA

MDPA

"We all become what we once hated"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 395 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 02:44 PM

Amy's cover of All My Lovin' by the Beatles is beautiful and happy!

#17 StephanieL13

StephanieL13

I told you, I was trouble....

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 06:19 PM

I think the pain tangible in Amy's songs, particularly in B2B, is one of the main reasons why it's so hard to like Blake...she exposed all the pain he put her through (including some of the pain she put him through - for example You Know I'm No Good) making it impossible to have any sympathy for him. But they must've had some great times together also, at least before the drugs, before the album...I guess those happy moments weren't worth writing about.

Mrs Jones- GREAT name!! great name! I don't know why, and I've taken a lot of heat for it, but I do not hate Blake like that. In B2B he went back to what he knew yes, but didn't she do the same in You know I'm No Good? I think they both did a lot of damage to each other, but, having said that, as someone who's watched literally hundreds of hours on them, I can say confidently he loved her a great deal. He did introduce her to hard drugs, which he has said is the biggest regret of his life, only because he himself was struggling with them. I don't believe he was malicious or anything along those lines. Was it the best example of a relationship? clearly not. But he also declined to take any of her money in their divorce... and he genuinely loved her as she loved him. I don't know. I'm sure everyone will crucify me for this. But I think Amy would agree with me. ;)

And jeez to the people saying "Thank god she didn't write any love songs!" Why would that be so terrible? I love a sad love song but to feel that sad you had to have felt at least that happy at some point... no?

Lovebird, my beautiful bird.
Sung until one day she couldn't be heard.
Amy was the morning, now she's gone
She's reborn like Sarah Vaughn
In the sanctuary, she has found, birds surround
her sweet sound
And Amy flies in Paradise...
And Amy flies in Paradise

#18 Mrs. Jones

Mrs. Jones

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,322 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 12:53 PM

Mrs Jones- GREAT name!! great name! I don't know why, and I've taken a lot of heat for it, but I do not hate Blake like that. In B2B he went back to what he knew yes, but didn't she do the same in You know I'm No Good? I think they both did a lot of damage to each other, but, having said that, as someone who's watched literally hundreds of hours on them, I can say confidently he loved her a great deal. He did introduce her to hard drugs, which he has said is the biggest regret of his life, only because he himself was struggling with them. I don't believe he was malicious or anything along those lines. Was it the best example of a relationship? clearly not. But he also declined to take any of her money in their divorce... and he genuinely loved her as she loved him. I don't know. I'm sure everyone will crucify me for this. But I think Amy would agree with me. ;)

And jeez to the people saying "Thank god she didn't write any love songs!" Why would that be so terrible? I love a sad love song but to feel that sad you had to have felt at least that happy at some point... no?

I completely agree with you!
I think Amy gave as good as she got in her relationship with Blake, and yes they hurt each other, but they also loved each other, it's clear.
I also don't believe he's the scum he's made out to be. I often wonder though who this girl he went back to was? Who could possibly be better than Amy, hehe? Does anyone know?

#19 ILoveAmyWinehouse

ILoveAmyWinehouse

You Know I'm No Good

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 209 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 09:01 AM

Unholy War (to me) is an unconventional love song. My personal favorite, but I consider it a love song because she'll stand by her man no matter what and die with/for him.

Moody's Mood for Love, There is no greater love, Our Day Will Come - those would be the most "mushy/romantic" love songs we know of so far, and they're all covers :numbness:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users