117 replies to this topic

#106 Jayne

Jayne

Never miss a night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,943 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 06:08 PM

Hum..Looks like the 30s when people thought that addicts were the devil's servers. What can I say? It's not everyone who is open minded, I guess. I wonder who made ​​the most pity. Blake who has made ​​mistakes and recognize them or those who deem him so cruelly without knowing anything really ... My message is not addressed to anyone in particular ... but everyone at the same time.

Has he tho? This is someone who has served TWO prison sentances. You'd have thought after kicking a fellas head in and don't forgot the person was already on the floor when Blake started on him resulting in him needing metal plates in his face. Yes he served time, but then goes out to do a robbery Armed.

I notice the video posted a couple of weeks ago is on a site that has show reels and I can't help but think that he is carving out a career for himself be it a tell or book or/and god forbid a stint in celebrity big brother or the jungle.

Yes he is a drug addict and needs help but how many chances do you give him. I hope when he comes out he settles down and is a good father to his son, time will tell if the tempation of making big money of the back of Amy's name. It sickened me the grovelling on this forum when members thought the 'real' Blake joined but that is my opinion.

Don't forget this is someone who already made money from the press when Amy was alive, tipping the press off to where they would be and selling or arranging the sale of those 'private' videos.

It will be interesting to see what the interest is in him when he does get released from prison.
Jayne, proud to be a member of Amy Winehouse Forum since Jul 2007.

#107 Wino

Wino

Shuffle A Dream

• Founders
  • 4,341 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 06:22 PM

It sickened me the grovelling on this forum when members thought the 'real' Blake joined but that is my opinion.

I, unfortunately, believe I was one of these people and I regret that. After he posted the first time I started to feel pretty bad about all the crap I'd written about him on here and I think I even went as far as to say my opinion of him had changed. I was mainly concerned about offending the lady herself, and not so much him. I don't want this thread, or this post, to turn into anymore Blake bashing... there's enough of that scattered about this forum already, but I agree with your post Jayne... even though I became one of these people you mentioned, luckily not for long though.
:P

"i'm a musician, fuck the rest"

1983 - 2011

#108 Jayne

Jayne

Never miss a night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,943 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 06:28 PM

I know most people won't agree with what I said and everyone is entitled to their opinion. But I will wait and see what happens re Blake I'm interested to see what pattern his life takes and I hope as I said earlier he settles down. People are never going to agree on this topic but I just had to get if of my chest :) no offence meant to anyone or taken just me sounding off

#109 Elsie

Elsie

eek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 06:41 PM

Yes he is a drug addict and needs help but how many chances do you give him. I hope when he comes out he settles down and is a good father to his son, time will tell if the tempation of making big money of the back of Amy's name. It sickened me the grovelling on this forum when members thought the 'real' Blake joined but that is my opinion.

I don't know why you used that term. Only a minority of people on this forum have been vehemently anti-Blake but the majority of people (including myself) have never claimed him to be as negative as the press and her dad have been determined to portray him. Of course people were excited someone who was so close to Amy decided to join us and clear out a few things - but apparently this is too good to be true. It's a shame really that no one joins us here instead of selling their sob stories to the press who are, as you say, grovelling, now that she's dead and they're human beings suddenly.

He still stands in spite of what his Mars bar says.

#110 socubos

socubos

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 180 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 09:51 PM

I don't know why you all care so much about Blake. Amy loved him, fine. But she didnt saw the destructive power he had over her. Thats why they say love is blind. he was something like "Bobby Brown" on Whitney Houston. Always dragging their lives down. iam sorry but i had pretty laugh seeing after 'real Blake"s post, people started to lick his ass.. iam sorry but if Blake read here, iam gonna say it again... I dont care who you are, Blake.
All i care was Amy. iam sure Amy also would respect my opinion, my coincidence is clear. I LOVE Amy unconditionally, but this doesnt mean i have to love everybody in her life, or agree with everything she done. Yes i respected her marriage with Blake... but NOT HIM personally... U know the moment, when u bring your boyfriend home, and ur parents doesnt like him, but they just pretend they are happy, just for the peace... theres difference between 'respecting" an relationship, and "liking/loving" a person... I respected her marriage/relationship, LOVED HER, but i didnt like Blake. Simple and easy...

So, i never cared for Blake. Yes i still think he dragged her down. iam sure he made a lot of money on her back. With videos. iam sure he called and revealed the papz where they are so they come and take pics. I can see in his eyes, while the papz were there, that he enjoyed being in spotlight. Since now shes dead, he is non existent for me...

I LOVE Amy. And respected her choices... And will love her forever,...

#111 kevd7

kevd7

Soaked in soul he swims in my eyes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 04:21 AM

I'm not talking "addicts" nor am I making judgments. That's in your head.

It's heroin

"Cold Blue Steel out of money
One eye for the beat police
Sweet Fire calling
"You can't deny me
Now you know what you need"
Underneath the jungle gym
Hollow-grey-fire-escape-thief
Looking for Sweet Fire
Shadow of Lady Release
"Come with me
I know the way" she says
"It's down, down, down the dark ladder
Do you want to contact somebody first
Leave someone a letter
You can come now
Or you can come later"--Joni Mitchell Cold Blue Steel and Sweet Fire

#112 Mrs. Jones

Mrs. Jones

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,322 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 10:19 AM

Thank you all for your opinions.

I guess I'm part of those people who fell for the Fake Blake, I know, I feel like an idiot now... But I wouldn't consider myself as a grovelling-ass-licking fan, no.

I would say that I'm curious and intrigued by him, this person who Amy was so besotted with, this person who turned Amy onto hard drugs, this guy who was Amy's muse...despite him being a useless good-for-nothing bloke.

In a way, I'm interested in understanding this attraction for Blake, because it reminds me of some guy I was when I was younger - he was also a good-for-nothing, kind of a bad boy, didn't work, didn't pay rent, lived off other people's kindness. I was crazy in love with him, and EVERYONE hated him, my friends, my family. I didn't understand, and the more they hated him, the more I was drawn to him, and started to feel like it was us against the world, that he was misunderstood, why could nobody see what I saw in him?...

Anyway, it turned into this unhealthy relationship. Turns out he was a dick, and everyone was right all along... but it took me a while to admit it, because my pride was hurt: how could I be with such a dickhead? I felt it reflected badly on me.

Anyway, I can see resemblances with Amy and Blake, so I guess I have this curious interest in their relationship and trying to understand it, because it resonates with me. Why do intelligent women fall for such idiots?

I'm also interested in how vilifying him proabably made the situation worse. I think our open dislike for Blake, driven by the media, only contributed in pushing her closer to him, making them feel like they were alone against the world. We have a certain responsability to bear for this, we should never have paid this guy any attention, never written anything about him in the press, never photgraphed him with Amy...it only cemented their belief that they were star-crossed lovers.

---------- Post added at 09:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:15 AM ----------

I know most people won't agree with what I said and everyone is entitled to their opinion. But I will wait and see what happens re Blake I'm interested to see what pattern his life takes and I hope as I said earlier he settles down. People are never going to agree on this topic but I just had to get if of my chest :) no offence meant to anyone or taken just me sounding off

No offense taken. I'm also curious to see what happens to him once he's out. The best we can hope for him (and yes - i still wish him the best, he's an addict, a dickehead, but a human being after all) is that we never hear about him again because he will have settled into a stable family surrounding far from the media and not attempting any attention-grabbing stunts.

#113 Jayne

Jayne

Never miss a night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,943 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 11:24 AM

Thank you all for your opinions.

Anyway, it turned into this unhealthy relationship. Turns out he was a dick, and everyone was right all along... but it took me a while to admit it, because my pride was hurt: how could I be with such a dickhead? I felt it reflected badly on me.

I totally understand peoples interest in him and I am glad you reached the stage in your life that you realised your boyfriend was a bad 'un I am interested in whether Amy ever came to the same realisation. I agree the media has played a big role in the perception of Blake but having followed their story for several years you get a 'sense' for what was happening and don't forget her closest friends and family reached the same conclusion.

#114 Amy Jenna Harper

Amy Jenna Harper

Amy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,751 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 01:48 PM

Should we close this thread?

---------- Post added at 03:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:45 PM ----------

Let me know

One name,one word : Amy <3
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#115 Winehouse8327

Winehouse8327

One I wish I never played...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,217 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 01:50 PM

Should we close this thread?

Why ?