Photo
- - - - -

Debate # 7 - (video) What do you think of that?

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#46 what'sinsideher

what'sinsideher

What's inside her never dies

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 477 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 09:52 PM

It was so annoying. They just crawl out of the woodwork whenever someone famous dies to make stupid ass comments. What do you care who someone is grieving about? They're up there on my list with the people who post "they only care when you die" pictures on tumblr. Yeah, she had no fans before she died. Wasn't very popular at all. Riiight.

Exactly! I don't get that. They do the same thing with Whitney Houston, Michael Jackson, and Kurt Cobain. They were all really popular even before their death! Some, like Amy, were loss popular than they had once been but come on...it's not like they were completely forgotten. Tons of people cared!

Which leads me to the people who get mad at fans who only discover an artist after their death...they think those people are somehow "lesser" fans which is crazy to me. I was happy to see people discovering Amy's music for the first time, it's those people who keep her memory going! I just feel bad for them because they didn't get to enjoy her while she was alive! So yeah, I just don't get that attitude. And now I'm way off topic...sorry about that!

"Anyone who sings a tune so sweet is passin' by..."

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#47 Elsie

Elsie

eek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 10:23 PM

Exactly! I don't get that. They do the same thing with Whitney Houston, Michael Jackson, and Kurt Cobain. They were all really popular even before their death! Some, like Amy, were loss popular than they had once been but come on...it's not like they were completely forgotten. Tons of people cared!

Which leads me to the people who get mad at fans who only discover an artist after their death...they think those people are somehow "lesser" fans which is crazy to me. I was happy to see people discovering Amy's music for the first time, it's those people who keep her memory going! I just feel bad for them because they didn't get to enjoy her while she was alive! So yeah, I just don't get that attitude. And now I'm way off topic...sorry about that!

Yeah. I mean, there is obviously a lot of people who were bandwagoning right after she died, but lost interest once the hype went down. But there's also people who discovered her music and realized how good she was and can now only spread the wisdom :D So there's nothing wrong with that. I really like how diverse her fanbase is too. People of different age groups, rap fans, indie kids, jazz "elitists" as she'd say... a lot of them really recognized her talent and accepted her as a legit artist. It's really neat and very rare for a popular artist I think (and such a young one as well!).

We're waaaay offtopic but anyway. :D

He still stands in spite of what his Mars bar says.

#48 what'sinsideher

what'sinsideher

What's inside her never dies

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 477 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 10:38 PM

Oh yeah, there's definitely a huge difference between the people who were like "Oh, I loved Amy Whinehouse! What did she sing again?" and the people who legitimately became fans of her music. And I agree, it's amazing how many different kinds of people are on this forum alone! Okay, right, moving on!

"Anyone who sings a tune so sweet is passin' by..."

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#49 marjolein

marjolein

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 05:57 AM

[MENTION=2064]Elsie[/MENTION]
I totally agree with you, she wasn't an innocent victim of Blake's. When Blake was in prison she took even more drugs. Before Blake it was weed. It was her choice; it seems she never wanted to feel anything in my opinion.
Mitch saying she was so happy...and she drinking herself to death...

#50 Mrs. Jones

Mrs. Jones

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,322 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 12:18 PM

@Elsie
I totally agree with you, she wasn't an innocent victim of Blake's. When Blake was in prison she took even more drugs. Before Blake it was weed. It was her choice; it seems she never wanted to feel anything in my opinion.
Mitch saying she was so happy...and she drinking herself to death...

I agree with you. Amy was obviously trying to blott out some pain, first with weed and alcohol, then harder drugs, then acohol again. She clearly just wanted to numb the pain. Sure, there was a recreational side to it, I bet sometimes she had a blast.
That's the danger of addiction, like alcoholism: you don't quite realise that you have a problem or that you're trying to fill a void, because in the process you are also having a lot of fun.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users