• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#16 Mrs. Jones

Mrs. Jones

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,322 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 01:14 PM

Also, some food for thought, was as long as Amy was in a fragile state, she definitely did have both her mother and fathers attention, as her family unit once had been.

Yes! I've often noticed that, the fact that we often saw Mitch and Janis together, battling united against the terrible addictions of their daughter, and even more so since her death, you see them together and often forget they are divorced.
In my opinion, and I'm no psychologist, she certainly seemed troubled by her parents' seperation, and they once said (i think in the documentry Mitch made) that she liked a bit of drama as a kid to attract attention from them...

#17 DARE TO BE D

DARE TO BE D

You Know I'm No Good

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 03:24 PM

I really feel that Mitch's book will be a honest representation of Amy, both good and bad.

At one point, Mitch was lobbying for better alcohol and drug education for young people. If Mitch sugar coats Amy's addictions and troubles in the book, then he is doing the foundation a diservice. Amy was CLEARLY not okay. Cutting, eating disorders, depression, alcohol, and drug use are not hallmarks of a person who is okay. Those issues (cutting, eating disorders, depression, etc.) are not unique to Amy, many young people struggle everyday. The only difference is Amy was a public figure, the world watched her daily struggles. The book is the perfect platform to address those issues and reiterate why education and foundations, like the Amy Winehouse Foundation, are so necessary. I definitely don't want Mitch to out Amy by telling too much information. But if the book pretends that everything was okay, especially from 2005-2011, then it would be laughable.

I think you on the right track because i was thinking the same thing , she had so much damage to her body that its a possiblilty
that she was told she couldnt have kids, then Blake gets that women pregnant. I was watching some of the concert she gave in
i think Brazil early 2011( the one she is in that white dress) anyway i noticed she sang an old song from the 50's called "outside looking In"- its by little anthony & the imperials
anyway i have gotten to listen to that song several times since i heard her sing it and i think she had chosen that song to sing because the way she was feeling. In the song it says " i never should have gone away and left u, ithought u would take me back
but to my surprise , now i am outside looking in" Her performing this song says something , I think she was still in love with Blake
but things had changed and she knew it ..

---------- Post added at 11:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:13 AM ----------

the more I feel like I know absolutely nothing about Amy. She is such a profoundly complicated, massively intriguing individual. I only wish I could have sat down with her for a few hours and asked her some questions. There's really no way for any of us to ever know what was going on in her head, why she did what she did, or even what happened. Though of course I'd like to know the facts about 2005-2008, I'm most interested in 2009-2011.. I feel like it would bring so much closure to her death for all of her fans, and even her friends who didn't talk to her during those years.
I've heard so much about how Saving Amy is a terribly written, dramatized bunch of rubbish (therefore I refuse to read it) and I have a feeling Mitch's book is going to make it seem like everything was always okay.

Why do we care so much? It's so frustrating.

[MENTION=3002]Mr Hathaway[/MENTION]-i feel your frustration, i read that book saving Amy, not much about Amy herself , more about What the writer felt
after meeting Amy and her frustration with the fact she wanted to make a documentary and it didnt go as plan, She paints a picture
of Amy based on who she met in St.lucia, i dont think she got to know her at all. I think Mitch's book is going to be as honest
as he can based on when he was around, But who among us does their dirt in front of their parents ?? so it wont tell what i think
we all want to know . I would love to see an honest account of Amy but that would have to come from someone close to her , which
may come in couple of years but i think those who really loved her and knew who she really are still in protecting mode, which is understandable But for all us who just want to know its frustrating!!!!

---------- Post added at 11:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:21 AM ----------

i agree ..

#18 Mrs. Jones

Mrs. Jones

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,322 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 05:31 PM

I was watching some of the concert she gave in
i think Brazil early 2011( the one she is in that white dress) anyway i noticed she sang an old song from the 50's called "outside looking In"- its by little anthony & the imperials
anyway i have gotten to listen to that song several times since i heard her sing it and i think she had chosen that song to sing because the way she was feeling. In the song it says " i never should have gone away and left u, ithought u would take me back
but to my surprise , now i am outside looking in" Her performing this song says something , I think she was still in love with Blake
but things had changed and she knew it ..

"On the Outside looking in" is clearly autobiographical. Amy never sang songs she couldn't relate to. She was clearly sending a message with this one, that she was having to watch Blake play happy families with another women and that things were truly over between them.

#19 Miss Mermaid

Miss Mermaid

miss ya kid

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 736 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 10:56 AM

i think that with fan worship - i am guilty of this - everything gets blown up out of proportion and the person we admire becomes 'mythical'.

amy was a person like all of us :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users