Photo
- - - - -

Mitch Winehouse new book - possible book signings?

• Please log in to reply
106 replies to this topic

#1 Miss Mermaid

Miss Mermaid

miss ya kid

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 736 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 02:23 PM

do you think Mitch will do a book signing for the UK release of his book in July?

#2 amylove

amylove

<3

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,480 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 02:31 PM

To be honest... I hope not.

#3 Miss Mermaid

Miss Mermaid

miss ya kid

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 736 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 02:55 PM

To be honest... I hope not.

why?

the proceeds from the book is going to the foundation - so any promo will surely be good?

he has always doen interviews, etc - so it wont be a sudden 'shock' if he does do it.

poor man - gets battered either way.

i hope he does.

#4 amylove

amylove

<3

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,480 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 03:03 PM

I understand promoting it... but who cares about his autograph? Yeah he wrote it but unless you like his music, I don't see the point in a signing but I guess it's the same deal as an author... and if people feel closer to Amy by meeting her dad, that's fine. I will always be iffy about him... it's hard for me to understand people who thrive on attention, but Amy was the same way I think... she got it from her dad ;)

#5 Miss Mermaid

Miss Mermaid

miss ya kid

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 736 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 04:21 PM

I understand promoting it... but who cares about his autograph? Yeah he wrote it but unless you like his music, I don't see the point in a signing but I guess it's the same deal as an author... and if people feel closer to Amy by meeting her dad, that's fine. I will always be iffy about him... it's hard for me to understand people who thrive on attention, but Amy was the same way I think... she got it from her dad ;)

i see it as not getting his autograph - but to just say hi - show him my support and buy the book = money going to the foundation.

#6 amylove

amylove

<3

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,480 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 04:42 PM

I understand. I think some people, and this is rephrasing from what I said, have this tremendous need to be important, KNOWN, and remembered (Amy is one of them... so it's not necessarily a bad thing)... and having him sign his name has got to be feeding into that but I guess that's not something anyone can control. I don't think I'm too harsh on him, but there are just some personality types that irk me and my initial comment comes from that feeling, I suppose.

I'll buy the book just for the foundation (and get that lovely cover... although I'm stuck with the US version and I much prefer the UK one!), but will be waiting for all of you to read it before I do... just in case I'll be irked again LOL

By the way, do you have a pic with Amy? I think I remember reading that somewhere...

#7 Amy Jenna Harper

Amy Jenna Harper

Amy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,751 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 06:48 PM

He is writing a biographie of Amy .
It is in UK the 5th July :P

One name,one word : Amy <3
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#8 Elsie

Elsie

eek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 07:26 PM

I understand. I think some people, and this is rephrasing from what I said, have this tremendous need to be important, KNOWN, and remembered (Amy is one of them... so it's not necessarily a bad thing)... and having him sign his name has got to be feeding into that but I guess that's not something anyone can control. I don't think I'm too harsh on him, but there are just some personality types that irk me and my initial comment comes from that feeling, I suppose.

Totally agree, but I don't think Amy was that hungry for attention. I don't plan on buying the book... unless I'm proven wrong by posters here who will write some reviews I hope, and the book actually turns out to be about her, and not his struggles and idealistic portraits of his daughter. Donating money is possible in other ways, so... just not very interested. Of course, would love nothing else than to be proven wrong in this case and get a little real insight into Amy's world while she was ''in hiding''.

Just read the description on Amazon:
In this intimate account of Amy Winehouse's life, music, and untimely death, her father Mitch Winehouse gives readers full access to his daughter’s private life in the midst of her immensely public triumphs and tragedies.
That sounds all kinds of wrong, don't it? But it says there'll be unseen photographs so I might just buy it for them lol

Edited by Elsie, 08 June 2012 - 07:32 PM.

He still stands in spite of what his Mars bar says.

#9 amylove

amylove

<3

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,480 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 08:24 PM

Totally agree, but I don't think Amy was that hungry for attention. I don't plan on buying the book... unless I'm proven wrong by posters here who will write some reviews I hope, and the book actually turns out to be about her, and not his struggles and idealistic portraits of his daughter. Donating money is possible in other ways, so... just not very interested. Of course, would love nothing else than to be proven wrong in this case and get a little real insight into Amy's world while she was ''in hiding''.

Just read the description on Amazon:
In this intimate account of Amy Winehouse's life, music, and untimely death, her father Mitch Winehouse gives readers full access to his daughter’s private life in the midst of her immensely public triumphs and tragedies.
That sounds all kinds of wrong, don't it? But it says there'll be unseen photographs so I might just buy it for them lol

Omg... wow. Full access to her private life? I don't hope for that either. But I hope there's some beautiful unseens! She melts my heart ;)
Well, I don't mean she was hungry for attention in an annoying way because I found her personality completely charming. I guess I'm bad at explaining it... amy wanted to be famous for being herself, for being talented. I also think she loved to read about herself... good or bad, just to know that someone was talking about her. That's just the feeling I get from her.

#10 LaPeep

LaPeep

My alcoholic logic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 772 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 03:59 AM

Full access to her private life you say? of course you want it, we all do. Thats why we are on here.

If you don't support the book that Mitch writes then someone else will do it. Someone who may not have any respect for her.
If you don't support The Winehouse family they are the ones in control of her legacy, then it will slowly fade away and all we will have are her recordings..........If Mitch does book signings in the US I'll be there. Hope others will too.

It's easy for us to ramble on about her dad but I believe he had her best interests at heart. He may have been in denial about a lot of things in her life but since Ive become a parent, I know its a handful when you have a high need child. Being a parent isn't as easy as it seems.
"I don't know her, I never met her, and when I saw that pic, I thought, 'That's me!' But then I found out, no, it's Amy........Ronnie Spector of the Ronettes

#11 amylove

amylove

<3

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,480 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 05:12 AM

Personally I don't deny that he had the best intentions and I do respect his decisions but his personality is a bit abrasive and sometimes his attitude doesn't appeal to me at all (but then there are other times I quite like him). I think he becomes sort of a distraction to what it should be about and that is Amy... which I'm sure is his intention, but it doesn't always come off that way (to me anyway). I don't think he should have to defend himself which he seems to do quite a lot... he should accept that people are going to be critical as they always have been.

I give parents a lot of slack... becoming a parent doesn't mean you suddenly turn perfect... but I think early on it was accepted that she was going to be difficult, and that acceptance didn't help her at all, I don't think... but that's just my outsider's perspective and I realize I could be completely off. And of course I'm not a parent so I don't know shit ;)

My guess is he will probably do book signings :)

Edited by allisost, 09 June 2012 - 05:17 AM.

#12 Mama_Haze

Mama_Haze

Hazy Lady

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,402 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 01:19 PM

If it promotes the book, which in turn [promotes the foundation, then yes, I think it would be foolish of him not to do a signing.

#13 amylove

amylove

<3

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,480 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 01:54 PM

[MENTION=1205]Mama_Haze[/MENTION]... you are correct. I think I was just being snarky my initial post ;)

#14 Elsie

Elsie

eek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 02:07 PM

Full access to her private life you say? of course you want it, we all do. Thats why we are on here.

It's true but it still doesn't make it right.
I support the Winehouse family, I just don't support his self-promotion. The fact that I adore Amy doesn't automatically mean I must like him or anyone associated with her. It's not much to do with my feelings for him anyway, don't think he's bad person but looking at how he's handled "exposing" her in the past, this doesn't interest me very much. Starting from the St. Lucia documentary to giving interviews in which he was trying to polish her image by giving false information, none of it sat well with me. Pretty much everything [MENTION=2636]allisost[/MENTION] has said before is how I feel about him. I can understand him, but not necessarily support some of his actions.

He still stands in spite of what his Mars bar says.

#15 Jayne

Jayne

Never miss a night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,943 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 06:44 PM

I think a lot of what Mitch said in the past was damage limitation. You've got to remember that she was his 'little girl'. If I remember rightly he didn't appear in the media until Blakes parents started doing the media rounds telling people to stop buying her records, like that was going to help them.

Here is someone who has watched his daughters career take off and along comes Blake, I know she struggled with drink before this, but to then have his parents questioning her parents and record company must have been difficult. I really don't blame him for writing the book because as I have said before you can guarantee this won't be the only one.
Jayne, proud to be a member of Amy Winehouse Forum since Jul 2007.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users