Photo
- - - - -

Mitch Winehouse new book - possible book signings?

• Please log in to reply
106 replies to this topic

#31 LRock10288

LRock10288

You Got To Call The Green Man

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 489 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 08:43 PM

I was just goggling this guy. It seems that he has been hanging w/ AW and the family before she passed away. His twitter account said he was at the 100 Club w/ Amy. Also, what is the Winehouse blog? I have never heard of that before.

I'm not aware of a Winehouse blog, but the tweet said "biog", as in short for biography.

#32 MandyP

MandyP

You Know I'm No Good

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 09:45 PM

I'm not aware of a Winehouse blog, but the tweet said "biog", as in short for biography.

Thanks. I must have mixed up the letters;0

#33 LRock10288

LRock10288

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 489 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 09:54 PM

Thanks. I must have mixed up the letters;0

Not a problem, very easy mistake to make :)

#34 ancre

ancre

Just friends

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,253 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 09:33 AM

He is not a rigther Mitch, so I guess he needeed somes help.
I saw also that will be some pictures on Amy's book,one drowing when Amy was a kid :P

http://s9.postimage....HNL_SS400_1.jpg
Image founded on Amazone

Amazing! Thanks. On the first pic, is it Amy? If so, she portrayed herself as blonde ;)

---------- Post added at 09:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:27 AM ----------

While it should surprise no one that Mitch had assistance writing the book, it did surprise me that the co-author would post this on Twitter:

@Paul_Sassienie TV & radio comedy writer, author and all round good bloke

(13 May 2012) "The #AmyWinehouse book, 'Amy My Daughter', I ghosted for Mitch has finally gone to the printers. All author proceeds go to Amy's Foundation"

And this on the day she passed:

(23 July 2011)"...shocking news. I'm doing the Winehouse biog - was meant to be published next Feb."

Has anyone ever heard of this fellow?

OMG, this is sensational! So this guy was already writing Amy's biography back in spring/summer 2011? I'm just wondering if she was conscious of that plan or it was planned by Mitch only (and I guess she might have been a bit upset with it, don't you think so?).

---------- Post added at 09:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:30 AM ----------

And back to the topic. I assume Mitch will do some signings and interviews as well so we should stay with ears wide opened as we can hear something new from him, on unreleased music for example...
"I trust my instincts, and that’s what has got me where I am, y’know?" (Amy)

#35 Amy Jenna Harper

Amy Jenna Harper

Amy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,751 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 09:51 AM

I don't know, so I guess in the book will be some pictures :)

One name,one word : Amy <3
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#36 Tiny Penny

Tiny Penny

Play all my records, keep dancing all night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,611 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 10:15 AM

Aw that picture is so sweet that she drew! If that is anything to go by, this book is going to be heartbreaking...
I love you in a place where there's no space or time...Forever you will be a true friend of mine:)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#37 Mrs. Jones

Mrs. Jones

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,322 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 11:10 AM

OMG, this is sensational! So this guy was already writing Amy's biography back in spring/summer 2011? I'm just wondering if she was conscious of that plan or it was planned by Mitch only (and I guess she might have been a bit upset with it, don't you think so?).

I was thinking the same thing. She wasn't impressed with him doing that documentry about her, she said on twitter "WHY don't my dad WRITE a SONG when somethin bothers him instead of going on national tv? an you thought YOUR parents were embarassing"... something tells me she'd be a tad embarrassed about having a book out about her, but she must've known about his project before her death, right?

#38 Miss Mermaid

Miss Mermaid

miss ya kid

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 736 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 12:12 PM

I was thinking the same thing. She wasn't impressed with him doing that documentry about her, she said on twitter "WHY don't my dad WRITE a SONG when somethin bothers him instead of going on national tv? an you thought YOUR parents were embarassing"... something tells me she'd be a tad embarrassed about having a book out about her, but she must've known about his project before her death, right?

i always wondered if she hated it like the above tweet about her Dad did why did she allow that documentary that he did in st lucia - where she was in parts of it - to be filmed?

that all strange.

can anyone shed some light?

#39 Sassy

Sassy

I’m just a very whimsical person

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 842 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 01:36 PM

i always wondered if she hated it like the above tweet about her Dad did why did she allow that documentary that he did in st lucia - where she was in parts of it - to be filmed?

that all strange.

can anyone shed some light?

Not just one documentary film crew, but TWO! Remember, after the work he did with that Barak woman, then he dismissed her & brought ANOTHER crew down to follow & film her.

And now finding that he commissioned someone to write a biography about her BEFORE she died.

I have many questions about it all. AND I wonder how Amy felt about it. Her tweet give us a little clue.

#40 Mrs. Jones

Mrs. Jones

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,322 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 05:35 PM

Hum, yes. I don't wish to be judgemental, but I have to admit that I also don't really understand their relationship (Amy and Mitch) and what he sought to do with the filme crews following her, and the book...I find it odd also...

#41 Amy Jenna Harper

Amy Jenna Harper

Amy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,751 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 07:38 PM

I ordered it :P

Can wait :P

One name,one word : Amy <3
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#42 Jayne

Jayne

Never miss a night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,943 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 08:11 PM

Amy blew hot and cold on twitter remember Ronson hate/love/hate you could never keep up. I bet she was inundated with offers for her life story and remember she wasn't touring or had any new music out back then perhaps this was her and her families way of setting the record straight, keeping her profile up and also making money? Amy never appeared as a person that would go along with anything she knew her own mind to much IMHO?
Jayne, proud to be a member of Amy Winehouse Forum since Jul 2007.

#43 LaPeep

LaPeep

My alcoholic logic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 772 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 02:59 AM

Ok I just checked out the listing on Amazon. The hardcover book is $18.47 and the kindle version is $14.99.
How can they justify those high prices for kindle? You don't even get a tangible product to keep and yet it is only $4 less??
Are all the kindle books priced similarly ??
"I don't know her, I never met her, and when I saw that pic, I thought, 'That's me!' But then I found out, no, it's Amy........Ronnie Spector of the Ronettes

#44 LRock10288

LRock10288

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 489 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 04:46 AM

Ok I just checked out the listing on Amazon. The hardcover book is $18.47 and the kindle version is $14.99.
How can they justify those high prices for kindle? You don't even get a tangible product to keep and yet it is only $4 less??
Are all the kindle books priced similarly ??

I just noticed that myself last night, actually. SOME kindle books go for that much, normally when it's an anticipated release, but I'd be willing to bet that price would go down relatively quickly after the book comes out. I was looking it up to possibly pre-order it, but with the price it's going for, I may wait for the reviews, TBH.

#45 Mrs. Jones

Mrs. Jones

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,322 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 06:43 PM

Amy blew hot and cold on twitter remember Ronson hate/love/hate you could never keep up. I bet she was inundated with offers for her life story and remember she wasn't touring or had any new music out back then perhaps this was her and her families way of setting the record straight, keeping her profile up and also making money? Amy never appeared as a person that would go along with anything she knew her own mind to much IMHO?

Maybe Mitch will explain this in the book, why they decided to do a biography of her after just 2 albums and her being still so young.

I used to think that Mitch had decided to write after her death, so he could have some control over how she would be remembered... and because so much bullshit had been written during her lifetime.
But now that we know that this process started before her death, I'm not sure what to make of it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users