Photo
- - - - -

Mitch Winehouse new book - possible book signings?

• Please log in to reply
106 replies to this topic

#16 Miss Mermaid

Miss Mermaid

miss ya kid

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 736 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 06:40 PM

I understand. I think some people, and this is rephrasing from what I said, have this tremendous need to be important, KNOWN, and remembered (Amy is one of them... so it's not necessarily a bad thing)... and having him sign his name has got to be feeding into that but I guess that's not something anyone can control. I don't think I'm too harsh on him, but there are just some personality types that irk me and my initial comment comes from that feeling, I suppose.

I'll buy the book just for the foundation (and get that lovely cover... although I'm stuck with the US version and I much prefer the UK one!), but will be waiting for all of you to rea it before I do... just in case I'll be irked again LOL
By the way, do you have a pic with Amy? I think I remember reading that somewhere...

Yes. :)

#17 Katausa

Katausa

♥ Kat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,453 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 08:09 PM

I'd love to meet him, actually. I'd love to say 'hi', HE'S AMY'S DAD FOR GOD'S SAKE! haha. I don't know if I will like the book that much, but I will buy it anyway I think - if only to support the foundation. I am not really a fan of asking for autographs to be honest. Autographs don't mean a lot to me. I'd be thankful if the famous person I meet wants to sign something for me though, but only if they propose to do so.

" If I died tomorrow, I would be a happy girl. " - Amy

#18 amylove

amylove

<3

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,480 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 09:17 PM

Yes. :)

You do? I would love to see it unless that's too personal... I don't think I'll ever feel bad about not being able to meet her, but just a glimpse of her would have been great... I would be too shy to go up to her, haha!

#19 Miss Mermaid

Miss Mermaid

miss ya kid

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 736 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 09:23 AM

You do? I would love to see it unless that's too personal... I don't think I'll ever feel bad about not being able to meet her, but just a glimpse of her would have been great... I would be too shy to go up to her, haha!

i think it on the board somewhere?

unless i have taken it down - i might have done that actually. i didnt want to keep posting it as some people can get funny about it x

edit - i mentioned about seeing amy in another thread just now -and i have already had a sarcastic comment about it - so no i def. dont post my stuff anymore. x

Edited by Miss Mermaid, 11 June 2012 - 11:28 AM.

#20 amylove

amylove

<3

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,480 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 11:29 AM

i think it on the board somewhere?

unless i have taken it down - i might have done that actually. i didnt want to keep posting it as some people can get funny about it x

I would be posting it all over LOL Is there anyway you can PM it to me? I think the more people that got to meet her, the better because any moment with amy is sure to get a witty comment or two from her and I love hearing about them!

#21 Miss Mermaid

Miss Mermaid

miss ya kid

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 736 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 11:31 AM

I would be posting it all over LOL Is there anyway you can PM it to me? I think the more people that got to meet her, the better because any moment with amy is sure to get a witty comment or two from her and I love hearing about them!

someone has just made a sarky comment. so no i wont be posting about any meets i had with her anymore x

#22 LaPeep

LaPeep

My alcoholic logic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 772 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 06:33 PM

J-boo
Well I enjoy hearing about it,just makes Amy more endearing in my eyes. Don't listen to that snarky comment it's just some fool on the Internet prolly from the other side of he world. Don't let it get to ya.
"I don't know her, I never met her, and when I saw that pic, I thought, 'That's me!' But then I found out, no, it's Amy........Ronnie Spector of the Ronettes

#23 suestev07

suestev07

injured butterfly is so talented, it hurts

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,557 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 02:10 AM

Just read the description on Amazon:
In this intimate account of Amy Winehouse's life, music, and untimely death, her father Mitch Winehouse gives readers full access to his daughter’s private life in the midst of her immensely public triumphs and tragedies.

That sounds all kinds of wrong, don't it? But it says there'll be unseen photographs so I might just buy it for them lol

Just because the promo says "full access to his daughter's private life" doesn't mean it's true.....
\"it was as if all the emotions in the universe suddenly were coming out of her mouth.\" --Entertainment Weekly music critic Chris Willman.

"It's open-heart surgery set to music" - Sunday Herald article by Peter Ross Jan 7/07

"Be kinder than necessary...because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle." - Anon.

#24 Sassy

Sassy

I’m just a very whimsical person

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 842 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 02:25 AM

While it should surprise no one that Mitch had assistance writing the book, it did surprise me that the co-author would post this on Twitter:

@Paul_Sassienie TV & radio comedy writer, author and all round good bloke

(13 May 2012) "The #AmyWinehouse book, 'Amy My Daughter', I ghosted for Mitch has finally gone to the printers. All author proceeds go to Amy's Foundation"

And this on the day she passed:

(23 July 2011)"...shocking news. I'm doing the Winehouse biog - was meant to be published next Feb."

Has anyone ever heard of this fellow?

Edited by Sassy, 13 June 2012 - 03:59 PM.

#25 LiamSullivan

LiamSullivan

I love Amy Winehouse.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 951 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 03:39 PM

I'd really love to meet him at a book signing, but I honestly don't think he'll be doing one. If he does, and he's anywhere near me, I'll be sure to go. I really don't see him doing that, though.

R.I.P Amy Jade Winehouse. Once in a lifetime voice.
2r4h89d.gif

#26 Mrs. Jones

Mrs. Jones

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,322 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 05:10 PM

While it should surprise no one that Mitch had assistance writing the book, it did surprise me that the co-author would post this on Twitter:

(13 May 2012) "The #AmyWinehouse book, 'Amy My Daughter', I ghosted for Mitch has finally gone to the printers. All author proceeds go to Amy's Foundation"

(23 July 2011)"...shocking news. I'm doing the Winehouse biog - was meant to be published next Feb."

Wait, did I get this straight? He was already ghostwriting Amy's biography for Mitch when she died? Never heard of this bloke. His twitter photo is a bit creepy...

#27 xinkoa

xinkoa

Noob

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 02:04 AM

what's the website that it's selling it with a better price? i'd like to pre-order it, it'll be a good reading for the summertime
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#28 MandyP

MandyP

You Know I'm No Good

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 02:59 PM

I was just goggling this guy. It seems that he has been hanging w/ AW and the family before she passed away. His twitter account said he was at the 100 Club w/ Amy. Also, what is the Winehouse blog? I have never heard of that before.

#29 Amy Jenna Harper

Amy Jenna Harper

Amy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,751 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 03:21 PM

He is not a rigther Mitch, so I guess he needeed somes help.
I saw also that will be some pictures on Amy's book,one drowing when Amy was a kid :P

Posted Image
Image founded on Amazone

One name,one word : Amy <3
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#30 MandyP

MandyP

You Know I'm No Good

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 03:39 PM

has anyone ever read mitch's blog, mitch's rant? I can't find a link.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users