78 replies to this topic

#16 Miss Mermaid

Miss Mermaid

miss ya kid

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 736 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 04:57 PM

Tourists seem to love Camden but if you work in Camden then you dont like it!

i guess it the same where ever you work!

but yes - only because i work in camden that i got to see amy - so yes very lucky in that aspect :)

#17 Mrs. Jones

Mrs. Jones

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,322 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 05:04 PM

Tourists seem to love Camden but if you work in Camden then you dont like it!

I loved Camden when I first visited London, as a tourist. Then when I got to know other parts of London, I started going there a little less. I used to work in Kentish Town...fewer celebrities up that end, don't think I ever bumped into anyone there :-)

#18 Amy Jenna Harper

Amy Jenna Harper

Amy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,751 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 05:06 PM

This is absurd! Of course everyone should be able to tell stories about Amy...and julieannboo, you work in the Camden area right? You were spot on topic, loved hearing about what Camden means to you, and how it's forever tied to memories of Amy.

Back to the subject: I used to live in London, close to Camden for a while and...well, to be honest with you, I just didn't like Camden that much. I found it a little too trendy sometimes (and the pubs there were expensive), but more importantly I didn't always like the people who lived in Camden, I felt they tried too hard. I had a lot of Camden friends who refused to leave Camden because they were convinced Camden was the best (it's not - London is the best! because there are so many great places it's silly not to try all of them out). There were a lot of wannabees there (people who hang out with musicians and think it will rub off on them and make them talented).
And to be honest, when I first read about Amy in 2003 I thought "oh no! here's another one of these Camden wannabees!"...and then I listened to Frank because I was intrigued, and was jealous that I didn't live in London anymore, because Amy reconciled me with Camden. It's hard to explain., I dunno. Camden's got good sides, but it doesn't necessarily remind me of Amy.

I understand exactly what you mean.
But when you say " wanabees" what do you mean by that? (the only question I have)

One name,one word : Amy <3
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#19 Elsie

Elsie

eek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 05:21 PM

I love Camden - first time I went there years ago, there was a gorgeous looking lad selling at one of those stalls and now everytime I get a chance to visit I pass through the bunch to see if he still works there, :rolleyes: oops...
Oh but, other than that little bit of harmless stalking, I always looked for signs of Amy when I was there. About two years ago was when I had a very Amy day in Camden - first I bought this shirt with her image because it was staring at me from the street, even if I never really wear it but rather save it as a memory. Then I ran into the crepes truck - it was not working but nevermind - I didn't know what it was anyway - I just took pictures cos Amy's image was on it. Finally, in the Camden H&M, while I was browsing around, Mr. Magic started playing. Even when I didn't see her down the streets as I was hoping - she sort of was everywhere I went. Would love to visit again, Camden is really colourful and relaxed - quite enjoyed it. And there's loads of great cheap food everywhere! Can definitely relate the feel of the place to Amy's style and spirit.

He still stands in spite of what his Mars bar says.

#20 Birdieava

Birdieava

Never miss a night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,453 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 02:47 AM

i would be sad if julie stopped telling about amy! theres no reason to act all stupid about it folks!
its such a cool thing, if u think julie does it to show off u are so silly.
julie was very lucky! like, extremely!!! we are lucky ourselves that someone can actually tell us about amy walking around and being herself who is NOT a tabloid arsehole or whatevs. please miss julie, dont back down, we LOVE your comments and how u always keepin it real. x0

"I must be a mermaid. I have no fear of depths and a great fear of shallow living."

- Anais Nin 

#21 Mint

Mint

This me

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 275 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 03:28 AM

Any takers on the original thread??
{God I feel such a loser}

#22 lyricgenius

lyricgenius

To my heart, she carries the key

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,518 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 03:43 AM

Do you think London was a quintessential part of Amy Winehouse`s character.

Yes, absolutely. She would have told you the same thing. She was a great London character. You have expressed it well.

I tend to associate London as a whole with Amy, and that will always be one of the reasons I am fond of the place. I don't think I have a favorite Amy place in London, but I do have lots of images of Amy in various places in London in my mind. Some examples:

-Camden in general
-Her flats on Prowse Place and Jeffrey's Place - I think it would be rather haunting to see those again
-The Hawley-Arms - visited but didn't see her there, though did see her picture
-Koko in Camden - walked by it by accident; always loved the pics/video from that concert, including the dress she wore
-Apollo Hammersmith theater - saw her in concert there
-Carnaby St in Soho - there's a video of her walking down it with "Good Blake"
-All those newsagents she was constantly going in and out of
-Marylebone - when she was living in a hotel there and going to that fish restaurant
-Regents Park - she stopped to use the restroom there when she was on her way to the "show down" meeting with Lucian Grainge
-Primrose Hill - there are pics of her taking a walk there with some guy
-Golders Green - when she went into the deli and then met the "Jew bus" on her way out (hilarious)
-Bow - when she was living in that apartment there in East London; that was a bad period
-Hadley - in the backyard with Dionne, and that nice sunroom she had
-Selfridges - I know she shopped there
-Harley St - where she went to the London Clinic
-Spitalfields - when she did that little gig there at the Fred Perry store
-Hyde Park - the Mandela concert
Posted Image
"Flawed yet fabulous, tormented yet towering"

#23 veronika

veronika

What's inside her never dies

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,086 posts
  • LocationMéxico

Posted 12 June 2012 - 05:19 AM

^you should organize an Amy tour Dave!

I personally would love to hear every detail of your encounters with "the Whitehouse" Forget the cynical people. This is an Amy Winehouse Forum.

haha all the "Whitehouse" talk made me laugh! LOL
It's not about who's more obsessed or got to see or know her better, we're all her fans...
Julie don't stop telling us your stories, I don't post much but I always love to read all about your encounters too!

I think you can't separate Amy and London...those two words go hand in hand : ) I haven't been able to travel to London yet but I definitely look forward to visit someday, and getting to know all these places you all mention, that I've only seen on pictures!
Posted Image

#24 Mint

Mint

This me

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 275 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 06:51 AM

Wow [MENTION=590]lyricgenius[/MENTION]! Just as I was about to take my ball and go home......
Heres another one.
Fred Perry "Interview" {Fred Perry deal innit?}

18-21 Charterhouse Square
London
EC1M 6AH

#25 Mint

Mint

This me

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 275 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 06:57 AM

Wow lyricgenius! Just as I was about to take my ball and go home.....
The Fred Perry "spontaneous interview & Photo shoot" {"Fred Perry deal innit?"}

London
EC1M 6AH

I can`t seem to attached the video yet because I am new to the forum.

#26 Miss Mermaid

Miss Mermaid

miss ya kid

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 736 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 09:33 AM

Any takers on the original thread??
{God I feel such a loser}

apologies - yes back to your original question xx

---------- Post added at 10:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:28 AM ----------

Wow lyricgenius! Just as I was about to take my ball and go home.....
The Fred Perry "spontaneous interview & Photo shoot" {"Fred Perry deal innit?"}

London
EC1M 6AH

I can`t seem to attached the video yet because I am new to the forum.

What year was this shoot? the official shoot she did for the clothes or the shots she did towards the end of 2006 - where it got the sign 'no ball games' in the back of the shots? that shoot was magic - for the NME i think?

#27 Mint

Mint

This me

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 275 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 10:46 AM

What year was this shoot? the official shoot she did for the clothes or the shots she did towards the end of 2006 - where it got the sign 'no ball games' in the back of the shots? that shoot was magic - for the NME i think?[/QUOTE]

Apparently its October 2010. It`s pretty unofficial because she is just talking in the street. Search "Amy Winehouse talks about Fred Perry"

#28 Miss Mermaid

Miss Mermaid

miss ya kid

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 736 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 11:20 AM

[quote name='Briyonce1']What year was this shoot? the official shoot she did for the clothes or the shots she did towards the end of 2006 - where it got the sign 'no ball games' in the back of the shots? that shoot was magic - for the NME i think?[/QUOTE]

Apparently its October 2010. It`s pretty unofficial because she is just talking in the street. Search "Amy Winehouse talks about Fred Perry"[/QUOTE]

oh that one - thanks :)

#29 Mint

Mint

This me

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 275 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 11:47 AM

You are probably like me, always watching youtubes of Amy. I always like to see if I can glean the exact location by looking at shop names or road signs. My sad life!

#30 suestev07

suestev07

injured butterfly is so talented, it hurts

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,557 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 01:45 AM

Julieannboo - No No No - don't ever stop writing about memories of Amy - that's like punishing the whole class for the doings of one offender - your memories are authentic and should not be stifled... I always felt you shared them in the spirit of a regular (luckier) fan, and that is how I took them...and, btw, there's no such thing as talking about them too much!
\"it was as if all the emotions in the universe suddenly were coming out of her mouth.\" --Entertainment Weekly music critic Chris Willman.

"It's open-heart surgery set to music" - Sunday Herald article by Peter Ross Jan 7/07

"Be kinder than necessary...because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle." - Anon.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users