• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#1 Mrs. Jones

Mrs. Jones

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,322 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 08:31 AM

Often, when I listen to Amy, I chuckle to myself thinking "who the hell writes that in a song?"... That's one of the reason's why she's a genious, because so many of her lyrics just don't seem, on paper, to have any place in a song, or at least make you wonder if anyone else ever sings about such things.

This happens often enough that I thought we could list the lyrics that make us feel that way...

To start us off:
"The only time I hold your hand
Is to get the angle right"

#2 amylove

amylove

<3

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,480 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 02:23 PM

Well, when your songs are like diary entries... But only someone with an amazing personality and talent can do that.

One leg resting on the chair from the side he pulls my hair
that line makes me laugh... probably not what you meant though.

#3 Jayne

Jayne

Never miss a night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,943 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 03:05 PM

I can't think of any other artist that would start a song:

He left no time to regret
Kept his dick wet
With his same old safe bet
Jayne, proud to be a member of Amy Winehouse Forum since Jul 2007.

#4 Jmoney

Jmoney

Mr. Magic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,178 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 03:51 PM

The lyrics to I Heard Love Is Blind always make me smile, its funny, messed up, and beautiful at the same time haha.

#5 Mrs. Jones

Mrs. Jones

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,322 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 04:09 PM

The lyrics to I Heard Love Is Blind always make me smile, its funny, messed up, and beautiful at the same time haha.

Yeah, "I was thinking of you when I came" makes me laugh everytime, I like this defiant Amy, which we see again in You Know I'm No Good.

---------- Post added at 03:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:08 PM ----------

Well, when your songs are like diary entries... But only someone with an amazing personality and talent can do that.

One leg resting on the chair from the side he pulls my hair
that line makes me laugh... probably not what you meant though.

To be honest I've never really been able to picture this hair-pulling-from-the-side business...

#6 Winehouse8327

Winehouse8327

One I wish I never played...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,217 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 04:16 PM

I was thinking of you when I came

I think I could not name more for now. I have to think about it because there are actually a lot. Haha !

I fall in love everyday !
Not with people, but with situations...

Posted Image

#7 amylove

amylove

<3

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,480 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 04:17 PM

You know I was wondering about this one... because when she performed it on the radio or talked about it in an interview she would always say "oh this is just a role reversal, the kind of thing men do to women"... was she just covering up her bad behavior? I never know how to take that song...

#8 Jmoney

Jmoney

Mr. Magic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,178 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 04:19 PM

You know I was wondering about this one... because when she performed it on the radio or talked about it in an interview she would always say "oh this is just a role reversal, the kind of thing men do to women"... was she just covering up her bad behavior? I never know how to take that song...

Lol oh ok never knew that, thats really what made it cool for me, the fact that a woman is singing this, never heard that side before from female singers.

#9 amylove

amylove

<3

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,480 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 04:31 PM

To be honest I've never really been able to picture this hair-pulling-from-the-side business...

Right, that's why I'm always thinking huh?! We need a video to go with that song so we could have some imagery... my weakness for the other sex, every time his shoulders flex!!

---------- Post added at 12:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:21 PM ----------

Lol oh ok never knew that, thats really what made it cool for me, the fact that a woman is singing this, never heard that side before from female singers.

I think it was honest... she was just 20 with these frank lyrics about relationships and sex (like in my bed, she was worried about her gran hearing her talk about it) and maybe didn't want to have to explain them in interviews and say oh yeah, that was really me being a cheater (which she had no problem admitting later). But then again, fuck me pumps is more of a social commentary so maybe it was just a play on that situation.
The only time I hold your hand is to get the angle right... when I first really heard that, I had to do a replay "did she really say that?"... and supposedly her dad didn't get it? So he had to ASK her? Poor Amy...

#10 Jmoney

Jmoney

Mr. Magic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,178 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 04:35 PM

Right, that's why I'm always thinking huh?! We need a video to go with that song so we could have some imagery... my weakness for the other sex, every time his shoulders flex!!

---------- Post added at 12:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:21 PM ----------

I think it was honest... she was just 20 with these frank lyrics about relationships and sex (like in my bed, she was worried about her gran hearing her talk about it) and maybe didn't want to have to explain them in interviews and say oh yeah, that was really me being a cheater (which she had no problem admitting later). But then again, fuck me pumps is more of a social commentary so maybe it was just a play on that situation.
The only time I hold your hand is to get the angle right... when I first really heard that, I had to do a replay "did she really say that?"... and supposedly her dad didn't get it? So he had to ASK her? Poor Amy...

Yea, haha gotta love In My Bed, I love Frank, has so much wit in it. "Are You Gay" ? lol, gotta love her.

#11 amylove

amylove

<3

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,480 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 04:47 PM

^Someone made a gif of her music video at that part and I sent it to someone hahah

When my wit is lacking, I use Amy's

#12 Winehouse8327

Winehouse8327

One I wish I never played...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,217 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 04:47 PM

and supposedly her dad didn't get it? So he had to ASK her? Poor Amy...

Haha ! Mitch can be so funny. But between us, I wonder who was the most uncomfortable. Amy who had to explain or Mitch who asked and surely hated the answer. Imagine his reaction! Red has certainly mounted to his cheeks. :goodone:

I fall in love everyday !
Not with people, but with situations...

Posted Image

#13 Mint

Mint

This me

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 275 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 07:04 PM

I always like....
"Tied up enough so I don't have to wonder where is he"
It is like she is quoting the thought, or just using bad grammar.

In conversation you would usually say "..so I don't have to wonder where he is"
She was very clever.

#14 aleWinehouse

aleWinehouse

Noob

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 107 posts
  • LocationNatal - Brazil

Posted 17 September 2012 - 08:01 PM

I Love Amy :)

#15 tselekoglu

tselekoglu

Amy, Amy, Amy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 727 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 01:34 PM

I always like....
"Tied up enough so I don't have to wonder where is he"
It is like she is quoting the thought, or just using bad grammar.

In conversation you would usually say "..so I don't have to wonder where he is"
She was very clever.

I think it's like: "So I dont have to wonder.. Where is he?"
I always thought it was like that, maybe I'm wrong?

Edited by tselekoglu, 18 September 2012 - 01:54 PM.

Posted Image
16 letters, 3 words, 5 syllables, 1 woman, a big talent;

Amy Jade Winehouse :missyou:

My Amy Fan Page >> http://www.facebook.com/BritLioness

My Tumblr >> http://winehouseanddelrey.tumblr.com/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users