35 replies to this topic

#16 WhatsInsideHerNeverDies

WhatsInsideHerNeverDies

Noob

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 10:28 AM

Thank you for sharing your pictures! I would be in "Amy Heaven" if I saw all the things you got to see. I never get tired of talking, seeing, listening, or watching Amy. She's made a big impact on Camden based on what I see on your photos. It's rightfully so that she gets her own statue. I wonder if she knew how much we all loved her. She's forever immortal!

And your tattoo looks great too! I have Amy's horseshoe (blue and pink too just like hers) on my leg and I want to get some lyrics and a photo of Amy on me (don't know which photo I want yet, there are so many to chose from!)

Did you write on the tree? I would have! :)

Yes it's like Camden is kind of like a big altar for Amy!

Thanks! Ah that sounds great! I chose the picture of Amy for my tattoo because she's doing the pin up girl pose and I love pin up girls and Amy also had pin up girls on her arms so yeah :) And also because for me a top and shorts with the belt hanging down was a typical Amy outfit! I'm also getting lyrics added to the tattoo, I'm not 100% sure yet but I think it will be "What's inside her never dies". And also "Tears Dry On Their Own" because that's my favourite song of all time :)

I really wanted to leave a message on the tree but I didn't have a marker or anything with me so I couldn't.

---------- Post added at 12:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:26 PM ----------

Good stuff. Lovely photos. Where is the head stone located?

It's at the Edgwarebury Jewish Cemetery in Edgware! When you go on the cemetery you go straight ahead for a bit and then it's on the left side! It's pink and black (like you can see on the picture) so you won't miss it!

#17 ancre

ancre

Just friends

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,253 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 12:37 PM

Thank you SO much for details - fun to read and very helpful as a Camden guide.
"I trust my instincts, and that’s what has got me where I am, y’know?" (Amy)

#18 Mrs. Tears dry on their own

Mrs. Tears dry on their own

R.I.P Amy Jade Winehouse

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 03:00 PM

The trip to London sounds beautiful. I hope I'll be there some day. I love your tattoo. omg.. it's perfect :) @WhatsInsideHerNeverDies

I love her because she was unique, wonderful, different, amazing.. she was perfect! Miss you Amy. R.I.P Amy Jade Winehouse!
amywinhousepb.jpg         http://queenamywinehouse.tumblr.com/

#19 BeehiveQueen

BeehiveQueen

Camden Girl

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 504 posts
  • LocationHollywood, CA

Posted 22 June 2013 - 05:49 AM

I'll be in london too in September 12 to 16, I have booked at the "K WEST HOTEL" near Shepherd's Bush.
:friendlywink:
For the airport to town, I am going to use the dockland light railway (DLR) because my flight lands at the LONDON CITY airport. According to the airport you can either take public transportation or bus.

I hope you will meet up at Hawley for the birthday party for Amy!! I'm staying over on Jeffrey's Place---right next to her Prowse Place flat.

#20 Andyblnm

Andyblnm

Noob

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 11:58 AM

I have See last DEC many places in camden

#21 sunlight

sunlight

Noob

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 04:52 PM

thats nice,i went to london a couple times.the last time in 2010/11 went to camden too.the lock the hawley arms..that was while she was still living there

#22 BeehiveQueen

BeehiveQueen

Camden Girl

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 504 posts
  • LocationHollywood, CA

Posted 28 June 2013 - 05:19 AM

Does anybody remember her place on Jeffrey's Place? Was it No. 4 or No. 13?

#23 Uno

Uno

It's bricked up in my head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,920 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 06:03 AM

Does anybody remember her place on Jeffrey's Place? Was it No. 4 or No. 13?

Posted Image

This photo was taken after the cops stopped by for a friendly little visit
Amy, if you are up there listening, thank you for sharing the incredible soundtracks of your life ...

#24 scottsimpson16

scottsimpson16

Noob

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 02:07 PM

This is my first post :tearsofjoy: Im Scott from Scotland! I went to work in London last year (Oxford Street) though on the majority of my days off, I always got the tube to Camden Town and each and every time was a unique and special experience. The first night I visited Camden, I came out the tube station and I really could not quite believe I was standing in Amy Winehouse's former stomping ground, it was a fantastic moment. (Unfortunatley I was down in London myself so I had nobody to share this with). During my trips to Camden, the first place I visited was The Hawley Arms and the Good Mixer (Amys former locals) - excellent pubs, when I sat in The Hawley Arms, I could honestly feel Amys presence next to the Jukebox:heart: where I was sat next to - it was a very rare, weird but wonderful feeling. I made several trips to Prowse Place (during the start of the summer and end of the summer as you can see the leaves hanging from the Prowse Place apartment blossoming at one point then at the end of the summer they are falling off). My last trip was Camden Square, beautiful place - was a very sad moment :grumpy: but I feel fulfilled that I have done this and I certainly intend on visiting London again in the near future.

#25 scottsimpson16

scottsimpson16

Noob

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 03:00 PM

#26 WhatsInsideHerNeverDies

WhatsInsideHerNeverDies

Noob

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 11:40 PM

This is maybe a bit off topic or whatever but since I posted my uncoloured tattoo in this post I thought I'd post my now coloured tattoo here aswell. Went to get it coloured yesterday (didn't hurt that much) and here's it :)

Attached File  tattoooo.jpg   114.94KB   16 downloads

#27 Soul Power

Soul Power

More than a fan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 11 July 2013 - 08:48 PM

You folks who've visited all these 'Amy Spots' are making me jealous. Until I make it over to the UK, I have to settle for 'Virtual Amy Tours' via Google Maps. And one of the many things I love about this forum is that I can admit things like that

#28 Emilie

Emilie

Noob

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 03:09 PM

I personally think the atmosphere in Camden has changed since Amy passed away. It used to be full of life, style and individuality, but now it's just full of tourists. I feel happy to have known it as it was.

#29 MrsM

MrsM

Noob

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 09:53 PM

I personally think the atmosphere in Camden has changed since Amy passed away. It used to be full of life, style and individuality, but now it's just full of tourists. I feel happy to have known it as it was.

Amy would have been out and about in Camden in the hot London weather, hanging out, smiling and just being herself, but it,s not going to happen :-( such a loss.

#30 AnnaAnna

AnnaAnna

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 06:13 PM

Nope. My first visit to Camden was around 2000. Nothing has changed. The market and the street were full of tourist there too. The Camden Market is much bigger now, with the addition of the Stables. But the rest is still the same. Tattoos, Sneakers, Boots, Gothic clothes etcpp. H&M is new, American Apparel too and some other chain stores. The atmosphere hasn't changed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users