#76 BeehiveQueen

BeehiveQueen

Camden Girl

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 504 posts
  • LocationHollywood, CA

Posted 19 March 2014 - 05:39 AM

[MENTION=6751]Yousaymyname[/MENTION] As somebody who works in recovery---meeting anybody at a rehab in a romantic way is 99.9% going to end up poorly.
I've seen lots of people who are on the "right path" find each other and develop loving health relationships but I've seldom seen a couple get sober together and stay together.

It's very sad. Georgette didn't give any detail as far as the pregnancies with Sarah or anything of that sort. Just that both Jack and Lola Jade were born addicted.

I say a prayer for them and everybody suffering tonight.

#77 Yousaymyname

Yousaymyname

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 11:47 AM

http://www.crchealth...ates_pregnancy/
It is actually recommended that opiate users do not stop taking drugs, and take methadone to prevent miscarriage. Weird but true.

#78 BeehiveQueen

BeehiveQueen

Camden Girl

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 504 posts
  • LocationHollywood, CA

Posted 21 March 2014 - 11:47 PM

[MENTION=6751]Yousaymyname[/MENTION] Yup- I've spent the last 2 years working with a homeless lady who was pregnant and on methadone maintenance. Baby was born healthy.

#79 Yousaymyname

Yousaymyname

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 22 March 2014 - 12:30 AM

I can't imagine these 'revelations' by georgette will help if the children have been taken away. I really hope Blake and Sarah can live a life away from the media, at least the book hasn't gained mammoth publicity, I worry Blake will suicide, I wasn't surprised when he od'd. First thing when Amy died, I said as soon as blake's out he will od. Especially now he must be desperately missing Amy. It makes being such a big fan seem a little silly doesn't it.

#80 BeehiveQueen

BeehiveQueen

Camden Girl

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 504 posts
  • LocationHollywood, CA

Posted 22 March 2014 - 02:29 AM

I don't see a good outlook for either of them.

#81 drandle

drandle

Noob

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 09:11 AM

[MENTION=3199]BeehiveQueen[/MENTION] thanks for the update. I had no idea that Sarah was an active user when she was pregnant. It saddens me so much that children more and more often are the true victims of drug addicted parents. i'm not sure what this book is all about as there doesnt sound like theres much hope for a happy ending for anyone involved.

#82 BeehiveQueen

BeehiveQueen

Camden Girl

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 504 posts
  • LocationHollywood, CA

Posted 24 March 2014 - 03:32 PM

[MENTION=8606]drandle[/MENTION] Not really worth the read unless you have an extra 9 bucks and are bored to tears.
Nobody wins....the book reads like it should end in a new beginning for Georgette but it's just really sad. She's letting go of her son who she just thinks is going to die and she wants to get on with her life.

#83 drandle

drandle

Noob

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 07:08 AM

@BeehiveQueen I had hoped for everyone's sake that Blake would stay sober at least for his children. I never felt like he would do it for Sarah. If you look at pics of Amy and Blake together and then pics of them with their new partners the love was not the same. What Amy and Blake had was "true love" even though it was very toxic and destructive. They nonetheless loved each other to the depths of their souls. I don't believe that Blake will ever stay sober until he comes to terms with losing Amy. Sarah on the other hand will never fill the void that Blake has. She needs to move on and try to start a new life without him and get her children out of foster care. Hopefully she'll meet someone new that will help her stay sober and not make or treat her like she's second best. But really what do I know other than I hope they find sobriety before they both die.

#84 Mizzwanned

Mizzwanned

Noob

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 315 posts
  • LocationNYC

Posted 27 March 2014 - 04:05 AM

I agree with everything you said. I hope they both get help

#85 BeehiveQueen

BeehiveQueen

Camden Girl

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 504 posts
  • LocationHollywood, CA

Posted 28 March 2014 - 01:18 AM

I think if people could get "sober for the children" they would've by now....They need to do this to save their own lives.....
But I wouldn't get my hopes up.

#86 DARE TO BE D

DARE TO BE D

You Know I'm No Good

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 28 March 2014 - 04:41 PM

There are no pictures in this book.. I was hoping to see some. Any new pictures of Amy make me Happy so I was disappointed
with that . The book reads like one long conversation with someone who cant focus . she starts about one thing then
brings you back to something else. This book will be added to the Amy winehouse collection I have because like it or not
Georgette was there . Its her side of the story , Like Mitch's book was his .
My only comment : there is an old saying : There is your side , the other persons side & then there is the truth..

#87 xinkoa

xinkoa

Noob

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 31 May 2014 - 11:33 AM

do you know if this book was released digitally? I can't seem to find it

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#88 Uno

Uno

It's bricked up in my head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,920 posts

Posted 31 May 2014 - 12:14 PM

do you know if this book was released digitally? I can't seem to find it

Amazon has the Kindle edition here http://www.amazon.co...k/dp/B00IRHZMBA

If you don't have a Kindle you can install their free Kindle for PC or Mac software to read it.

• melnyk likes this
Amy, if you are up there listening, thank you for sharing the incredible soundtracks of your life ...

#89 HelloSailor

HelloSailor

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 986 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 01:23 PM

It saddens me to see that Georgette is still bitter and full of negativity. She's quite the shit-stirrer (as evidenced on her Facebook). At least Blake is the more sensible one of the 2. When Georgette suggested they could do another interview together, show the world that "Fat Man" (Mitch) is a real bastard, Blake answered :"No more press, let Amy rest xxx"

I wish these families would stop this feud, for the sake of Amy.  

• Ace of Hearts, melnyk, Yousaymyname and 1 other like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users