88 replies to this topic

#46 HelloSailor

HelloSailor

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 986 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 11:38 AM

Yeah, sadly it's the state of editing these days. I sometimes work in academia/translations, and it's appalling the amount of shit that gets published, there's a race to publish more and faster, and editors are just no longer doing their jobs, it's all about money, unfortunately.
As a fan, it's irksome when people close to Amy get their facts wrong, because we would never let that slip. I sure hope [MENTION=7805]Amy Movie[/MENTION] are taking note, I would prefer them to take a little longer to check their timeline and facts before rushing to release the documentary too soon. ;-)
  • Love is a losing game likes this

#47 Jayne

Jayne

Never miss a night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,943 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 01:31 PM

Yes but there is a big difference in the wrong outfit someone wore and getting the date of her death wrong that is just something that can't be excused imo.
Jayne, proud to be a member of Amy Winehouse Forum since Jul 2007.

#48 Cecilia

Cecilia

What kind of fuckery is this?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,187 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 04 March 2014 - 01:38 PM

^Yeah, I'm hoping it's just a typo on the website rather than what's actually printed in the book...

smoke.jpg?t=1397395921

#49 amylove

amylove

<3

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,480 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 02:18 PM

Ha haha. That mistake is almost offensive, but I wouldn't go up to anyone on the street and expect them to know when Amy Winehouse died, except someone writing a book about Amy shouldn't be anyone.

#50 BeehiveQueen

BeehiveQueen

Camden Girl

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 504 posts
  • LocationHollywood, CA

Posted 04 March 2014 - 03:18 PM

This is EXACTLY the type of book I expect to be full of typo's and wrong dates.

Don't worry- I will go over and do a final edit and return it to them. Ha!

One of my pet peeves are typos in books I buy....my grandma was a librarian-- I suppose it's a genetic peeve.

Edited by BeehiveQueen, 04 March 2014 - 03:31 PM.

#51 Bogart

Bogart

María

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts
  • LocationArgentina

Posted 06 March 2014 - 01:25 AM

personally disagree with the title... so ironic like it's hilarious "what really happened". i mean, it's funny. who knows what really happened? no one knows the truth. though i think it's interesting to know what Georgette's side has to say. We already know bout Mitch. i think there is always a lot of sides/interpretations of the same truth so i guess we need to hear the other side in order to build our own truth about this tumultuous story. on the other hand, in my opinion, any book about it will be just a pile of opinions and pain trying to figure out an explanation or just to justify and get to find peace in their minds. kind of a declaration to consciously recognize the fact that she's not here but to fight and deal with the pain in order to move on. in addition, every single person has a certain way to deal with problems, we are all different people so we can't simply judge someone without knowing them first and that's why i think mitch got a very different vision from Georgette's. of course Mitch book is so much tender because he is the one who loose his daughter, and it's his daughter (Amy) who we really care about after all; not saying Blake doesnt deserve any compassion either, he's a human just like us.

ps: sorry bout any grammar/spelling mistakes. english is not my first language

AMY WINEHOUSE DEVOTEE

#52 HelloSailor

HelloSailor

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 986 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 08:57 AM

It will be interesting to hear her side of things, because their lives were turned upside down too by drugs, and the fame did affect them. Their son, who was not a celebrity and through no talent of his own, was suddenly thrust in the spotlight. He was often talked about in the papers, and Georgette was also often in the news. Sometimes they sought that attention out themselves, god paid to do interviews, etc. but it still got thrown onto them out of nowhere. I think that kind of fame changes you.
After years of Blake-bashing in the media, it's understandable that they would want to set the record straight (because there always are at least 2 sides to a story). I think Georgette probably knows quite a lot as Blake told her quite a bit - that is, she knows what Blake and Amy were willing to tell her.
I think Georgette's story is just as valid as Mitch's. But there is a classy way of saying it, and so far, Georgette hasn't been known to show much class, so it doesn't bode well.

#53 Jayne

Jayne

Never miss a night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,943 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 10:14 PM

Sam Shaker wrote on facebook:

Latest news of today is Georgette wants to write a book about Amy, she will fill it with all sorts of fake stories and lies. I heard that Blake is also writing a book and soon maybe they will starts a foundation I suggest they call it (The Blake foundation) Everybody wants to cash in on Amy. Can they let her RIP.

Blake responded:

I'm not writing a book or starting a foundation. Mitch is doing a amazing job with Amy's xx foundation, I'm not preaching to anyone.I'm
Not happy with my mother for writing the book but I can't stop her can I?
Hope your good Sam. B
  • Love is a losing game likes this

#54 TBR

TBR

I still wonder 'bout the things you do

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 10:25 PM

I've never been Blake's biggest fan but you've got to feel for him having to deal with addiction, having his kids taken away and now his mum's antics, you'd think Georgette would listen to him if he's expressed he isn't happy with it.

#55 BeehiveQueen

BeehiveQueen

Camden Girl

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 504 posts
  • LocationHollywood, CA

Posted 07 March 2014 - 01:28 AM

The weird thing is it really isn't even news. Normally when something is a "sensation" something will pop up on a google news search.
So far, nada. If she is planning to sell a single copy of the book I encourage her to hmmmm..... do publicity?
Having said that--the less it is mentioned the less anybody will even know about it.

#56 ToKnowHerIsToLoveHer

ToKnowHerIsToLoveHer

I'm not arrogant, just honest.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 08:51 AM

Sam Shaker wrote on facebook:

Latest news of today is Georgette wants to write a book about Amy, she will fill it with all sorts of fake stories and lies. I heard that Blake is also writing a book and soon maybe they will starts a foundation I suggest they call it (The Blake foundation) Everybody wants to cash in on Amy. Can they let her RIP.

Blake responded:

I'm not writing a book or starting a foundation. Mitch is doing a amazing job with Amy's xx foundation, I'm not preaching to anyone.I'm
Not happy with my mother for writing the book but I can't stop her can I?
Hope your good Sam. B

Blake has Facebook? Can you say me how he is called there?
Can I find him if I search for Blake Fielder-Civil?

#57 Jayne

Jayne

Never miss a night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,943 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 09:16 AM

^^^^ Blake is obviously having some issues at the moment and I don't want to give out his FB name the reason I found it is was he replied to Sam Shaker so if you look at his timeline you will find it.

#58 Cecilia

Cecilia

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,187 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 07 March 2014 - 09:46 AM

Blake responded:

I'm not writing a book or starting a foundation. Mitch is doing a amazing job with Amy's xx foundation, I'm not preaching to anyone.I'm Not happy with my mother for writing the book but I can't stop her can I?
Hope your good Sam. B

I didn't think he would be writing a book, but it's good to hear it from him. Also that he wasn't involved in writing his mum's book in any way. Nice to know he supports the Foundation even after what Mitch wrote about him in his book. Maybe Mitch's reaching out to Blake afterwards got through to him. I hope he manages to turn his life around and i hope his kids are loved and well looked after and don't become victims of the care system...

The weird thing is it really isn't even news. Normally when something is a "sensation" something will pop up on a google news search.
So far, nada. If she is planning to sell a single copy of the book I encourage her to hmmmm..... do publicity?
Having said that--the less it is mentioned the less anybody will even know about it.

Yep, the book's supposed to be out today, where are all these newspaper and TV appearances Georgette's co-author was on about? Looks like even the tabloids aren't interested anymore.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and I noticed another 5 star review on amazon from one of Apex's sock accounts. Sad really...

smoke.jpg?t=1397395921

#59 Miss Mermaid

Miss Mermaid

miss ya kid

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 736 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 12:21 PM

maybe i am fucked up but i do like Blake.

He got his little family now - i hope it goes well for him.

#60 Cecilia

Cecilia

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,187 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 08 March 2014 - 02:03 PM

The tabloid appearances have started. Georgette gave an interview to the sun:
http://www.thesun.co...-Winehouse.html

You need to sign up for the Sun's website to read it. If you object to this, here are a couple of articles paraphrasing the Sun article:

From Huffington Post:

Amy Winehouse's Husband Blake Fielder-Civil 'Was Her Drugs Mule,' His Mother Reveals

Amy Winehouse's husband used to swallow drugs to smuggle to her, according to his mother.

Georgette Civil has revealed that she discovered her son, Blake Fielder-Civil, who married the pop star in Miami in 2007, swallowing drugs - still wrapped in tin foil - to take to Amy when she was working in Paris.

Georgette tells the Sun, "He was gagging and choking and I was crying and begging him to stop, but he was travelling to Paris to see Amy — the drugs were for her."

Georgette Civil has also spoken of her joy at meeting Amy for the first time, but how this turned to horror as she gradually realised the extent of her son and his wife's addiction to heroin.

She says, "When I visited the couple in London, I deliberately ignored the signs of drug-taking.
"One day, Amy invited me to hotel where she and Blake were staying.

“He sat at the table and said, ‘Mum, I have a dependence and need help. There’s been times I’ve spent £600 a day on heroin.’

“I took him in my arms and said, ‘You are talking nonsense.’ It was his only cry for help — but I wasn’t strong enough to face the truth.

"He and Amy fed their addictions off each other — now she’s dead and unless Blake does something, he’ll die too.”

Amy and Blake were eventually divorced in 2009. Amy died of alcohol poisoning in July 2011.

Source: http://www.huffingto..._n_4924506.html

From tv3.ie:

Blake Fielder-Civil's mum 'made excuses' for his and Amy Winehouse's drug use

Blake Fielder-Civil's mother ''made excuses'' for his and Amy Winehouse's drug use.

The late singer's former mum-in-law Georgette Civil has admitted she defended the 'Back To Black' hitmaker and her son, become his ''enabler''.

Speaking about first meeting Amy, she explained to The Sun newspaper: ''Amy looked glowing. She threw her arms around me and said, 'Isn't our boy handsome?' I adored her.

''But later, we all sat at dinner and Amy kept ducking under the table. Then Blake said, 'You'd better go to the bathroom', and she went upstairs. [My second husband Giles] turned to Blake and bluntly asked him, 'Are you doing drugs?', but I reacted furiously, saying, 'Of course he isn't'.

''From that moment, I became Blake's enabler - making excuses for him and Amy.''

Indeed, Georgette revealed she ''wasn't strong enough'' to accept Blake's cry for help, despite the singer - who died of accidental alcohol poisoning in July 2011 - inviting her for a meeting at a hotel.

She said: ''One day, Amy invited me to another hotel where she and Blake were staying. He sat at the table and said, 'Mum, I have a dependence and need help. There's been times I've spent £600 a day on heroin.

''I took him in my arms and said, 'You are talking nonsense'. It was his only cry for help - but I wasn't strong enough to face the truth ... It was only later that I suddenly realised that Blake was a hopeless addict.

''But by then, I was caught up the lies and deceit myself - and it was too late to save Amy.''

source: http://www.tv3.ie/en...&article=128425

- - - Updated - - -

From the Daily Mail:

'He was her drugs mule': Blake Fielder-Civil's mother Georgette claims he used to spend £600-a-day on heroin and swallowed narcotics to give to Amy Winehouse

Blake Fielder-Civil's mother has claimed her son used to act as Amy Winehouse's 'drugs mule'.

Georgette Civil has sensationally revealed she spent 'years' covering up for her beloved boy and the late singer – who died of alcohol poisoning in 2011 aged 27 – and claims he once told her he was spending up to £600 a day on heroin.

She told The Sun newspaper: 'He was her drugs mule. I’ve finally seen him for what he really is — and it has broken my heart.

'I was in total denial that the son I loved was a hopeless heroin addict. I even watched him swallowing packets of drugs, wrapped in foil.'

Georgette found out the pair had married in Florida in May 2007 - three years after they started dating - via a phone call from Blake, and she met the Back To Black hitmaker for the first time shortly afterwards.

The 48-year-old insists she 'adored' Amy when she first met her but later became the couple's 'enabler' and used to ignore the signs they were doing drugs.

Georgette – who split from Blake's father Lance Fielder when he was a toddler - even prevented her husband Giles, a headmaster who raised Blake, from talking to her son about drugs because she pretended it wasn't happening.

In the interview, Georgette admitted she once saw Blake forcing himself to swallow drugs while staying the night with him but it wasn't until afterwards she realised he was addicted.

Speaking after writing a tell-all book, Letting Blake Go, about her son and his marriage to Amy, she added to the newspaper: 'I started pleading with him to stop, but he didn’t. I knew he was swallowing drugs to take to Amy, and all I could think of was, "He’ll die, they’ll explode in his body." '

Georgette also claims Amy's father Mitch Winehouse once accused Blake of giving the singer heroin shortly after Amy had ended up in a coma, and Georgette now admits he was right to slam her son.

Blake saved her life by ringing for an ambulance and after the incident the pair both went to rehab.

When Blake finally revealed to Georgette that he was spending £600 a day on heroin she admits she couldn't face up to the fact and told him he was speaking 'nonsense'.

Georgette is now concerned Blake will go the same way as Amy and die unless he 'does something'.

Last year, Blake opened up about his life with the star when he was interviewed by Jeremy Kyle.

He admitted he was responsible for first introducing Amy to heroin, and said he believes the drug was the main factor in causing the singer's destructive path.

Recalling the night Amy smoked the substance for the first time. Blake said: 'I'd taken it about three or four times, we were in a hotel in east London and I think I had about £10 of heroin with me, which is something I used to do after a club.'

A representative of Amy declined to comment when approached by MailOnline.

MailOnline has contacted a representative of Blake.

Source: http://www.dailymail...drugs-mule.html

smoke.jpg?t=1397395921

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users