88 replies to this topic

#31 Jayne

Jayne

Never miss a night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,943 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 05:19 PM

She could have wrote her book about the struggles Blake and Amy endured, what I have a problem with is publishing private material that I am sure Amy would not have wanted published and now it sounds like Blake may not have given permission for either. If the papers pick up on this for serialisation it will be those letters they run with not Georgette's struggle you can guarantee that.
Jayne, proud to be a member of Amy Winehouse Forum since Jul 2007.

#32 BeehiveQueen

BeehiveQueen

Camden Girl

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 504 posts
  • LocationHollywood, CA

Posted 02 March 2014 - 05:25 PM

It's one of those things where I feel like if it's ignored it'll just go away.....

#33 Nathalie

Nathalie

AmyBlaky

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 09:43 PM

I think that BeehiveQueen 's opinion really respects what Amy thought about live, about Blake.....
I think Amy was missing Blake until the end....and he is still missing her......
He knew her deeply than we all.......
  • GoddessAmy likes this

#34 Yousaymyname

Yousaymyname

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 12:11 PM

This is ridiculous, what a shit storm! I think I'll just wait to see what happens when the book is released and what the content is like. I do agree with the comments about the personal letters, but don't know who would own the copyright? I'm not a lawyer! Anyone know about that stuff? Anyways, it felt good being harsh about Georgette, but this is a public forum, and I don't want to personally attack anyone and be a troll! Hence my change of heart, addiction is a really awful thing, and it would be a shame for Blake's children if he...yeah, I dunno. Don't know em so yeah. I couldn't find that many articles about the forthcoming book, probably not released in Aus? Can't say I've looked that hard though.

#35 Birdieava

Birdieava

Never miss a night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,453 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 12:32 PM

relax.
no worries, half of the 'stories' she can tell, are already out.

and , if you dig deeper, you can even find the names of the drug dealers who supplied amy and blake and who ended up in jail.
what's the fuss about????

the personal letters, i know. wtf.

we are not vilifying anyone, we are calling things by their name.

IF Georgette wants positive publicity, then she has to change her tune.

but, it's too late.

as for blake, he should get his sh*t together for the sake of his kid.
mitch already said, get well, and come help. the doors are open.
blake could actually have a great life if he wanted to. hes still young.

Fielder-Civil, 25, appeared at Snaresbrook Crown Court where he pleaded not guilty to a charge of conspiracy to pervert the course of justice.

He has already denied causing grievous bodily harm with intent to pub landlord James King.
In November, he was charged with teaming up with King to pervert the course of justice.
Fielder-Civil, standing in the dock alongside three other men, also facing conspiracy charges, spoke only to confirm his name and enter the not guilty plea.
Grammy Award winner Winehouse, who recently spent time in rehab, has previously appeared in court to support her husband.
When he appeared at Thames Magistrates' Court in November, the singer blew kisses and mouthed: 'I love you,' to him in the court room.
But it was a very different scene today.
Wistfully staring towards the public seats, greasy and unshowered Fielder-Civil, wearing a grey sweatshirt and tracksuit bottoms, ruffled his hair in apparent agitation.
{5}
After he and co-defendant James Kennedy, 19, from Hatfield made not guilty pleas for conspiring to pervert the course of justice Blake offered a rueful smile to the dock officer and kept glancing towards the public gallery.
While lawyers discussed the date and format of his trial Blake was visibly distracted turning round every time somebody came into court. By the end of proceedings as he was led from the dock he looked fed up.
Previously the 25-year-old and co-defendant Michael Brown, 39, from London had both pleaded not guilty to assaulting pub landlord James King.
Brown and other co-defendants Anthony Kelly, 25, form Chalk Farm and James King, 36, from Punnett Town, Sussex had all previously pleaded not guilty to perverting the course of justice in relation to the assault charges.
Lawyers for prosecution and defence argued over whether there should be two separate trials relating to the different charges, or a combined trial.
This matter has yet to resolved and Judge David Radford has ordered a further pre-trial hearing for April 25.
Jeremy Dein, defending Blake, asked for the assault charges to be heard first and then a second trial involving the charges of perverting the course of justice.
He also asked the judge to prevent the media from reporting on the debate about the trial format - but his request was denied.
{6}
Judge Radford said: 'Information relating to the two charges faced by Mr Fielder-Civil has already been widely publicised. I don't see what is to be gained by preventing reporting of the debate over the format of the trial at this stage.'
When he left the courtroom, Blake offered a meek wave towards the public gallery.

Read more: http://www.dailymail...l#ixzz2uty6IoH5
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Shortly after Amy's death a London drug fixer claimed he helped Amy buy £1,200 of crack cocaine and heroin the night before she died.
Tony Azzopardi alleged he helped the late singer buy the Class A narcotics in the early hours of July 23rd - the same day she was found dead in her London home.

The 56-year-old, who was introduced to the tragic star by her ex-husband Blake Fielder-Civil, claimed he wanted her family to 'know the truth about what happened'.

Read more: http://www.dailymail...l#ixzz2utzHXR9V
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

"I must be a mermaid. I have no fear of depths and a great fear of shallow living."

- Anais Nin 

#36 BeehiveQueen

BeehiveQueen

Camden Girl

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 504 posts
  • LocationHollywood, CA

Posted 03 March 2014 - 04:01 PM

Both of Blake's kids were taken away by social services weeks ago. Not sure what more there is to say.

#37 Birdieava

Birdieava

Never miss a night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,453 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 04:29 PM

Both of Blake's kids were taken away by social services weeks ago. Not sure what more there is to say.

wow. i am so sorry. i had no idea about this. just to clarify, i am NOBODY to judge anyone. i am no better than anyone. i may have certain opinions, which shouldn't matter to other people, much less offend them.
about someone's acts of behaviours, but we are all human beings with the same potentials.
so i try to point towards facts and acts which i consider "bad", or "unacceptable" or whatever, instead of calling people "good" or "bad". we are all humans, who do good things or not. we have a choice to do this.
i had hoped that blake would find his way. i really did.
i have prayed for him many times, BQ. not only because Amy loved him, even going against her family, but because being under the grip of addiction is something i would not wish on anyone. wow he has not one but two kids. im just saddened and blown away by this tragedy, which continues.
and the thing is, this book will not reveal anything we do not already know, actually. it only serves to document the past, and to tell you the truth, i do not believe georgette ever tells her Truth. so what is the point.

"I must be a mermaid. I have no fear of depths and a great fear of shallow living."

- Anais Nin 

#38 HelloSailor

HelloSailor

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 986 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 08:00 PM

Does that mean Sarah is in a bad way also?

My thoughts are with them.
I hope Georgette finds whatever it is she's looking for to help them through this. Not sure the book is helping, but of course, we'll have to wait and see.

- - - Updated - - -

Only just saw your response

Sorry to hear you were offended by my post- it takes thick skin around here---sadly.

No no. Don't throw this back on me and make it sound like I need to grow a thicker skin, like the problem is me being too sensitive. You lumped me together with people who think Blake and Georgette are vile. I take offense to that because I don't condone that kind of behaviour on this forum or elsewhere, and have never said anything of the sort. You're always quick to point out lack of respect towards Amy's family and friends, yet you don't show much respect towards some of us on this forum. It's so much easier to avoid responsibility, isn't it?
  • Love is a losing game likes this

#39 BeehiveQueen

BeehiveQueen

Camden Girl

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 504 posts
  • LocationHollywood, CA

Posted 03 March 2014 - 08:54 PM

@BirdieEva Obviously his family is very upset because they are all close to the 2 children. Georgette is very upset that she can't spend time with the kids unless it is supervised.

This is what happens when people don't treat themselves for addiction--everybody pays for it.

#40 Cecilia

Cecilia

What kind of fuckery is this?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,187 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 03 March 2014 - 10:57 PM

The book isn't even out yet and there's already an argument? Can we all respect each other's opinions and refrain from making this personal please? We are all equal here, let's treat each other as such. Let's stick to discussing the topic - I don't want to see any more personal or argumentative posts. Thank you.

smoke.jpg?t=1397395921

#41 BeehiveQueen

BeehiveQueen

Camden Girl

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 504 posts
  • LocationHollywood, CA

Posted 03 March 2014 - 11:18 PM

I was just rereading Daphne Barak's book and from what I gather most people who reviewed it didn't like it. Felt there was a little too much Dapne in Amy.....Just rereading a few chapters it's all rather chilling and maybe too accurate...

#42 Cecilia

Cecilia

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,187 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 04 March 2014 - 09:41 AM

I found the ePub version of the book supposedly on sale on this website, even though it's only meant to be released at the end of the week? https://www.omnilit....441129-262.html

There's an excerpt from the book on the site, but I'm a bit confused as in the first sentence they got the year of Amy's death wrong :dejection:. And there's a typo a bit further on. Not a good start. Do you reckon this is real?

Excerpt:

Chapter 1

A Phone Call - A Suicide Pact

The telephone rang on 23rd July 2010. It had been a good day for
me, even though the salon was gone - it seemed like a weight off
my shoulders. I’d decided to change direction and work with exoffenders.
‘Hi Georgette.’
‘Hi.’
‘I have some bad news.’
‘Oh no .. is it Blake?’
‘It’s Amy. Amy is dead.’
I couldn’t believe what I was hearing - Amy? Dead? I could
hardly breath. I knew I had to ring the prison. Tears began to flow.
I repeated her name, over and over. Maybe it was a joke, maybe
someone was just having me on. But why would anyone do such
a cruel thing?
I called the prison, but they wouldn’t let me talk to Blake. They
said the Governor would call me back - which he did.
‘Don’t worry, Blake is in the best place.’
‘Is he?’
‘He’s on suicide watch.’
‘Can I come see him?’
‘No. Better if he’s left alone for now.’
I’d heard that before, many times over the past few years. But
I suppose they were right, he couldn’t harm himself in there - or
could he? I thought to myself, if Amy’s dead, Blake will be next.

Edited by Cecilia, 04 March 2014 - 09:46 AM.

smoke.jpg?t=1397395921

#43 Jayne

Jayne

Never miss a night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,943 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 10:08 AM

Not a good start to reveal an excerpt that that has such an important fact wrong? Not looking good if you cannot even get the year of her death right.
Jayne, proud to be a member of Amy Winehouse Forum since Jul 2007.

#44 HelloSailor

HelloSailor

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 986 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 11:05 AM

Well Mitch gets plenty of dates/info wrong too in his book, some typos, he says for example that Amy met Blake in 2004 or that she wore a lovely yellow dress and red shoes to the Ivor Novello Awards in 2008 (and the posts a photo of her NOT wearing that). I think it just shoes the urgency of the writing and lack of editing.

#45 Cecilia

Cecilia

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,187 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 04 March 2014 - 11:20 AM

^True, I'm not Blaming Georgette for the glaring error, I assume her co-author did most of the actual writing anyway, and it's the publisher's responsibility to make sure the book is proofread properly before it is released. But then "Apex Publishing Ltd" seems to be the kind of company that's not really interested in that kind of thing, they're more concerned with leaving positive reviews of their own books on Amazon as "book fan" (you're not fooling anyone guys!).

The awful editing is something that annoys me about Mitch's and Daphne's books as well. It's a shame and undermines their credibility. I think Amy deserves better.

Edited by Cecilia, 04 March 2014 - 11:28 AM.

smoke.jpg?t=1397395921

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users