#1 Sam

Sam

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • LocationLiverpool

Posted 07 December 2015 - 07:29 PM

amy-winehouse-2007-billboard-650.jpg

Amy Winehouse has been nominated for the Best Music Video/Film Grammy for Asif Kapadia's 'Amy'. If the film wins, Amy will receive a Grammy, as well as Asif Kapadia and James Gay-Rees. Check out the full list of Grammy nominees here.

If Amy wins, this would be her 7th Grammy, and 2nd received posthumously.

• Uno, pattieboyd2, Love is a losing game and 2 others like this

#2 amh91

amh91

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 232 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 07 December 2015 - 08:45 PM

They're going to give it to her. I'm calling it right now, they're going to give it to her, and if they don't, they can go... suck lemons. 

• MandyP, amywinehousequeen, Love is a losing game and 2 others like this

#3 OinkaOinka

OinkaOinka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 489 posts

Posted 07 December 2015 - 08:58 PM

Wohoo, go Amy go!! :D fingers crossed :wub:  when is the actual awards ceremony, next February or smth?

#4 Love is a losing game

Love is a losing game

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 687 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 07 December 2015 - 11:21 PM

amy-winehouse-2007-billboard-650.jpg

Amy Winehouse has been nominated for the Best Music Video/Film Grammy for Asif Kapadia's 'Amy'. If the film wins, Amy will receive a Grammy, as well as Asif Kapadia and James Gay-Rees. Check out the full list of Grammy nominees here.

If Amy wins, this would be her 7th Grammy, and 2nd received posthumously.

Will she? I thought it would have been the Oscar for the movie itself only. OMG please let it be! Good luck darling you deserve it so much ❤❤ Xxx

The Oscars are on 28 February 2016, not sure if the Grammys are on the same day x

#5 pearljo

pearljo

♪♫♫ vaginal bleeding

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,242 posts

Posted 08 December 2015 - 01:19 AM

Short list for an Oscar, I think.  Not a Grammy.  To win a Grammy, over 50% of the documentary has to be musical performance.  When someone puts that project together, she'll win that, too.  :)

• ToKnowHerIsToLoveHer likes this

#6 ToKnowHerIsToLoveHer

ToKnowHerIsToLoveHer

I'm not arrogant, just honest.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 08 December 2015 - 09:36 AM

Mitch knows it know too, he says he has been informed through a Tweet and as expected he rants again...I think how he acts is not the right thing to do, he acts more like a little kid rather than as an experienced adult :/

https://twitter.com/...156258807648257

https://twitter.com/...158927265841152

• pearljo and Love is a losing game like this

#7 amh91

amh91

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 232 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 08 December 2015 - 10:03 AM

https://twitter.com/...158927265841152

^ What, does he think he's the fucking Terminator or something? Bloody hell. 

#8 ToKnowHerIsToLoveHer

ToKnowHerIsToLoveHer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 08 December 2015 - 10:06 AM

Apparently :D How he acts is imo just akward
  • amh91 likes this

#9 amh91

amh91

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 232 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 08 December 2015 - 10:11 AM

https://twitter.com/...168172250025984

^ Pathetic. If the film wins and he goes up to accept the award on Amy's behalf and does or says something stupid, he'll have embarrassed and insulted her memory, not Kapadia. Does this man not understand civility? If it wins, just don't accept it, don't threaten to make a public spectacle of yourself. What a child. 

• Love is a losing game likes this

#10 pearljo

pearljo

♪♫♫ vaginal bleeding

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,242 posts

Posted 08 December 2015 - 11:03 AM

I'm not sure how this can be nominated for a Grammy if these are the rules:

Revised eligibility criteria for Best Music Film: 

• Concert/performance films or music documentaries released theatrically or for sale to the public for the first time or first appearing on television or online during the current eligibility year.
  • Music-related documentaries with a preponderance of performance-based material.
  • While dramatic feature films and biopics are not eligible, films with fictional elements are eligible.

(Is preponderance now open to interpretation?  If 'Amy' is nominated, then I guess it is.)

I misspoke.  AJW won't win anything.  The filmmakers will win something.  This isn't something that Amy would want to celebrate, obviously.  This is for the fans, and to piss Mitch off all over again.

#11 bunnycaress7614

bunnycaress7614

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 08 December 2015 - 12:23 PM

If documentary wins, Amy gets nothing? That's crap

#12 MandyP

MandyP

You Know I'm No Good

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 08 December 2015 - 12:36 PM

If the film wins that means Amy won. Maybe not an award, but finally the respect she deserved years ago. Although we all have recognized her genius over a decade ago, this film has opened the eyes of the public and critics. I'm really proud of Asif for making this film.

• mayday and Love is a losing game like this

#13 Sam

Sam

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • LocationLiverpool

Posted 08 December 2015 - 12:45 PM

If the film wins that means Amy won. Maybe not an award, but finally the respect she deserved years ago. Although we all have recognized her genius over a decade ago, this film has opened the eyes of the public and critics. I'm really proud of Asif for making this film.

I misspoke.  AJW won't win anything.  The filmmakers will win something.  This isn't something that Amy would want to celebrate, obviously.  This is for the fans, and to piss Mitch off all over again.

The rules for the Grammy are that the producer, director and artist all receive the Grammy:

"In 1984 and 1985, only the artists were presented with an award. In 1986 the award went to the artist(s) and the video director(s). From 1987 onwards, the award was presented to the artist(s), video director(s) and video producer(s)."

https://en.wikipedia...Film#Recipients

#14 Sam

Sam

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • LocationLiverpool

Posted 08 December 2015 - 01:07 PM

I tweeted Mitch saying he should accept the award without any drama, purely out of respect - no matter what he thinks of the film. I wasn't rude, at all. Yet - he DMed me straight away telling me "that's not going to happen". He blocked me, and called me stupid for believing the film.

This could potentially be the last Grammy award Amy receives, he shouldn't be on stage causing trouble - no matter what he believes about the film.

• ToKnowHerIsToLoveHer, HelloSailor, mayday and 1 other like this

#15 ToKnowHerIsToLoveHer

ToKnowHerIsToLoveHer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 08 December 2015 - 01:09 PM

Not a big surprise, not Mitch produced the documentary but Asif Kapadia. Also Amy is the "subject" of the documentary...but I think that at the end the papers will write headlines like "Amy" has won a Grammy and not something like Asif Kapadia has won a grammy for a random music documentary :)
Apart from that I don't think that Amy would've really liked any kinds of documentaries etc about her personal life, as Alex said she wouldnt even like the exhibition he created.

EDIT: This was connected to the statement that Asif will win the Grammy on paper.
I was too slow :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users