28 replies to this topic

#16 The Other Side

The Other Side

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 690 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 08 December 2015 - 04:17 PM

Mitch blocks anyone who says the truth, or doesn't agree with him.
  • inwinoveritas and Love is a losing game like this

#17 Guest_Chris_*

Guest_Chris_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 December 2015 - 07:25 PM

Has anyone else besides Mitch and Reg spoken out against the documentary?
  • inwinoveritas and Love is a losing game like this

#18 lazygirl

lazygirl

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 08 December 2015 - 09:12 PM

He's such an idiot. After all this crap he's been doing I don't like him anymore. I used to say he was a good guy after reading his book. 

• inwinoveritas likes this

#19 Sam

Sam

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • LocationLiverpool

Posted 08 December 2015 - 11:09 PM

Mitch is making a fool of himself. Has anyone else besides him spoken out against the film?

Not really, no. Her Mum said it was difficult to watch, and I don't think she liked it, but she said it's all honest at least.

He's such an idiot. After all this crap he's been doing I don't like him anymore. I used to say he was a good guy after reading his book. 

I completely agree, he painted himself in a great light in his book. I really like the book, but I think it's unfair for him to so adamantly ignore certain aspects of her life - ones which she even spoke about in song (What Is It About Men).

#20 WhoDat

WhoDat

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 315 posts

Posted 08 December 2015 - 11:09 PM

Mitch Winehouse making anything and everything concerning his daughter's talent and legacy all about him. Quelle suprise. Amy's legacy is being kept alive in spite of his best efforts to sabotage it.

Never had a huge amount of time for Mitch personally, and nothing from the last few months have convinced me that he has now or ever had sound judgement.

• Love is a losing game likes this
"They laughed when I said I was going to become a comedian. Well, they're not laughing now." - Bob Monkhouse

#21 Love is a losing game

Love is a losing game

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 687 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 08 December 2015 - 11:37 PM

WTF that's too much! Pathetic and ridiculous. You know what, he can do one I've had enough. And, who asked him to potentially pick up the Oscar (still to be clarified about the Grammy) lol he didn't make the movie end of - it'd be Kapadia. Oops sorry it's not about you Mitch, jealous terminator lol. It's about AMY! Can someone from the forum who's his friend perhaps help him grasp some basic concepts?

Baby win, or even if you don't, you won already! (your dad is going ballistic sorry about that) xxx

Good luck to Kapadia, I'll never thank him enough "There is nothing in the film that isn't already in the lyrics" but he did do the best thing that's ever been done for Amy's legacy in the last few years ❤️

#22 Love is a losing game

Love is a losing game

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 687 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 08 December 2015 - 11:43 PM

Have you read Janis's? IMO once you've read hers you forget about his

#23 amylove

amylove

<3

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,480 posts

Posted 08 December 2015 - 11:49 PM

It's for the Grammys because the Oscar nominations won't be announced until January.

After seeing the film for the first time the other night, I can understand why Mitch doesn't like it. I didn't like it that much either tbh. But if it has made people feel more for her than they did before, that's good.

#24 lazygirl

lazygirl

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 09 December 2015 - 12:12 AM

Sam

Not really, no. Her Mum said it was difficult to watch, and I don't think she liked it, but she said it's all honest at least.

I completely agree, he painted himself in a great light in his book. I really like the book, but I think it's unfair for him to so adamantly ignore certain aspects of her life - ones which she even spoke about in song (What Is It About Men).

Yes, you right. I've just watched to AMY yesterday and thats a really painful movie, I felt really sad seeing all of that shit that happened to amy, and its seems like her father wasn't there when she really needed him. this is awful, and her moments in 2011 although she was looking good she was totally lost, and it really hurts because I saw her in brazil and she was so healthy, so happy and confident .

#25 lazygirl

lazygirl

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 09 December 2015 - 12:13 AM

Have you read Janis's? IMO once you've read hers you forget about his

I haven't read it yet but I will soon !

#26 Love is a losing game

Love is a losing game

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 687 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 09 December 2015 - 01:01 AM

Mitch is making a fool of himself. Has anyone else besides him spoken out against the film?

Don't think she was particularly happy, will look for a source.

Here's what Janis says about the Grammy - thank you - so no probs (Mitch don't you worry😉), in case she could pick it up! x
https://mobile.twitt...341781870395392

Attached Files

#27 The Other Side

The Other Side

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 690 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 09 December 2015 - 04:19 PM

He can't wait to be in front of world press. Of course he can't wait, he is attention seeker #1, and sweet baby Jesus if he starts scolding Asif on the stage. I'm so over Mitch now, he showed his true colors with all of this drama latley.

• WhoDat and Love is a losing game like this

#28 WhoDat

WhoDat

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 315 posts

Posted 09 December 2015 - 07:49 PM

I don't see any reason why Mitch would even be attending any awards shows much less getting up onstage accepting awards for the film. He didn't make the film, it wasn't his brainchild, it was Asif's. Frankly, as a film, it has very little to do with Mitch. Mitch just wants to make it all about him, like he does with everything to with Amy. He didn't write or perform any of Amy's music either, and yet he still seems to believe that he is the authority on that too.

He just loves the attention. The difference between him and Janis couldn't be more stark. Janis seems genuinely proud of Amy and her achievements, and seems to be enjoying the renewed interest in her daughter's legacy without appearing domineering or interfering. She's letting Amy, her music and her personality speak for themselves. Mitch, on the other hand, is just completely self-obsessed and controlling, and it couldn't be more obvious that he's overcompensating for the fact that he still feels a little guilty about his role in Amy's life. 

• Love is a losing game likes this
"They laughed when I said I was going to become a comedian. Well, they're not laughing now." - Bob Monkhouse

#29 Sam

Sam

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • LocationLiverpool

Posted 10 December 2015 - 11:12 AM

I don't see any reason why Mitch would even be attending any awards shows much less getting up onstage accepting awards for the film. He didn't make the film, it wasn't his brainchild, it was Asif's. Frankly, as a film, it has very little to do with Mitch. Mitch just wants to make it all about him, like he does with everything to with Amy. He didn't write or perform any of Amy's music either, and yet he still seems to believe that he is the authority on that too.

He just loves the attention. The difference between him and Janis couldn't be more stark. Janis seems genuinely proud of Amy and her achievements, and seems to be enjoying the renewed interest in her daughter's legacy without appearing domineering or interfering. She's letting Amy, her music and her personality speak for themselves. Mitch, on the other hand, is just completely self-obsessed and controlling, and it couldn't be more obvious that he's overcompensating for the fact that he still feels a little guilty about his role in Amy's life. 

I hope (should Amy win) the Grammys don't invite him to accept the award... After his tweets, it wouldn't be surprising for them to prevent him attending. He is publicly saying he'll cause trouble.

That's a shame for him, because should Amy win, it could possibly be the last Grammy won in her name. It seems stupid to throw that away for the sake of silly disagreements.

• ToKnowHerIsToLoveHer and Love is a losing game like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users