#16 SarahMermaid

SarahMermaid

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 368 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 16 February 2016 - 08:39 AM

Well done Amy and the team. Shame no one was there to collect it. I wonder what the family will do with her Grammy? Her mum sounded pleased on Twitter when she was told she won.

#17 HelloSailor

HelloSailor

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 986 posts

Posted 16 February 2016 - 11:00 AM

Shame no-one was there to collect it..., well, there's always the Oscars! ;-)

So I watched Gaga's tribute... meh.

To be honest, I don't see who else could've pulled it off. Even though I don't think it was a good tribute, I think she was the best choice. She's certainly genuine in her love of Bowie, because it's clear that a lot of her art is inspired by Bowie (you might even say down right copied). And he liked playing with androgynous ambiguity so would've enjoyed it being performed by a woman I reckon. The costumes were a disappointment, they were more Elton John than Bowie in my opinion...

I mean... no tribute could ever live up to his genius, so I wasn't expecting anything else really.

#18 amyinourhearts

amyinourhearts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 867 posts

Posted 16 February 2016 - 11:38 AM

Mitch ,where the hell were you! Cant believe what they have done with Amy! It's like they killed AMy for the second time! Poor girl!

#19 bunnycaress7614

bunnycaress7614

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 16 February 2016 - 02:46 PM

Mitch said he was not invited so that's why he didn't come...

#20 amyinourhearts

amyinourhearts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 867 posts

Posted 16 February 2016 - 03:00 PM

What? he is a liar.

#21 WhoDat

WhoDat

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 315 posts

Posted 16 February 2016 - 03:36 PM

Mitch ,where the hell were you! Cant believe what they have done with Amy! It's like they killed AMy for the second time! Poor girl!

This is a bit of an overreaction...

Mitch didn't make the documentary, so why should he be there picking up an award for it? And anyway, do any of us really want Mitch getting up onstage in front of every camera in the western world and ranting and raving about Asif? The less heard from Mitch, the better, in my opinion.

• TBR, inwinoveritas, ToKnowHerIsToLoveHer and 5 others like this
"They laughed when I said I was going to become a comedian. Well, they're not laughing now." - Bob Monkhouse

#22 amyinourhearts

amyinourhearts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 867 posts

Posted 16 February 2016 - 04:31 PM

@whodat you are right and I completely agree with you. I just didn't like that nobody received the award. It's like everybody forgot about Amy. Is sad 

#23 inwinoveritas

inwinoveritas

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 518 posts

Posted 16 February 2016 - 09:49 PM

he isn't the creator of the movie, so okay, that he doesn't take the Grammy for himself, but he stillcould have been somewhere in the audience, i guess! and again this doesn't make a good impressiion of him. if he accepted it or if he even was there, he would have conquered thos critical of him, but now, this rises some more questions about him and his behavior! people who didn#T even see the film will also be very critical of him by now and yes, everyone will believe, that all the things, the doc or Amy fan s or his other critics say is true. but by attending the Grammys he could have proven their wrong.

PS: i finally found the courage to answer one of his tweets, and BAM - soon he blocked me. he seemingly has difficulties with tolaterating critique but with this behavior, he's just turning more and more people against him! i mean, i understand, that this is hard for him and maybe he feels like the entire world is against him, but blocking people is not the answer to that.

#24 Love is a losing game

Love is a losing game

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 687 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 16 February 2016 - 10:19 PM

Woop woop!!! That's for you baby, your 7th❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️! Congrats Amy and Kapadia!

Who cares about the Grammy itself, that nobody collected it, or where it's going to be kept, it's what it represents that matters. It's her music, and Amy.

She's not in this world to keep it so I think we should enjoy her victory and ignore the rest especially you know who.

And you know what? I'm so happy for Amy that I'm totally indifferent to pathetic crap x

#25 Love is a losing game

Love is a losing game

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 687 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 16 February 2016 - 11:11 PM

Shame no-one was there to collect it..., well, there's always the Oscars! ;-)

So I watched Gaga's tribute... meh.
To be honest, I don't see who else could've pulled it off. Even though I don't think it was a good tribute, I think she was the best choice. She's certainly genuine in her love of Bowie, because it's clear that a lot of her art is inspired by Bowie (you might even say down right copied). And he liked playing with androgynous ambiguity so would've enjoyed it being performed by a woman I reckon. The costumes were a disappointment, they were more Elton John than Bowie in my opinion...
I mean... no tribute could ever live up to his genius, so I wasn't expecting anything else really.

Sorry Gaga's fans, I'm referring to this performance and not to her in general who clearly is talented.

Ok, although I'm over the moon for Amy and what she's achieved so far and I'm gonna be honest and harsh here. Because I love Bowie and I think I can dare expressing my opinion. No way for me. Poor. Could barely hear her voice, was only special effects and the choir. That was an Elvis impersonator not a singer. Too much, dressed up like at Halloween, Bowie deserves more. Or perhaps a simple tribute done by a friend not so much fuss, or if it really had to be her, just sing from your heart that you obvs can do, the very beginning wasn't bad...and avoid that frantic Eurovision style. I'm changing my mind about Madonna's tribute lol.

So sad, missing Bowie💔 x
I'll stick to this low key tribute, yet full of meaning to me

• ToKnowHerIsToLoveHer likes this

#26 Love is a losing game

Love is a losing game

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 687 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 16 February 2016 - 11:14 PM

My highlight of the Grammys (excluding Amy's Grammy)? Alabama Shakes.

And I wished Ronson dedicated his Grammy to Amy - I know that would have been too much lol, but maybe he thought about it☺️
  • inwinoveritas likes this

#27 HelloSailor

HelloSailor

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 986 posts

Posted 17 February 2016 - 10:28 AM

or if it really had to be her, just sing from your heart 

that's one thing that really bothers me with Gaga, she's so theatrical, that even her emotions seem acted... she's not very good at expressing her emotions, unless she's singing a stripped down version (just her and her piano for example), and even then...

• Sassy and Love is a losing game like this

#28 HelloSailor

HelloSailor

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 986 posts

Posted 17 February 2016 - 10:29 AM

That was an Elvis impersonator not a singer. 

Haha, I also thought Elvis when I saw it !  :lol:

• Love is a losing game likes this

#29 amywinehousequeen

amywinehousequeen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 179 posts

Posted 17 February 2016 - 01:09 PM

I thought Darcus, or someone from universal would have, at the very least, collected it - seeing as it as music event.

If were turning this into a Gaga hate-fest, I have to try and restrain myself from adding fuel to the fire. Her attempts at jazz singing are quite embarrassing... I don't understand Bennett for tainting the tail end of his discography with that 'Cheek to Cheek' album. He should have found a new jazz talent and paired with them, giving them a platform to burgeon a career - Gaga clearly doesn't  need Bennett, and it would be sad if Bennett was trying to "cash in" or dilute himself, so some of Gaga's fan base will invest in him, per se. Maybe I'm looking too much into it. xxx

• Love is a losing game likes this

#30 lazygirl

lazygirl

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 17 February 2016 - 03:03 PM

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users