Maurice Linnane (Other Voices) talks about Amy @ Dingle (Podcast)

Maurice Linnane (worked on Other Voices) talks to Tom Dunne on newstalk.fm about Amy Winehouse and her visit to Dingle.

http://www.newstalk.ie/2012/programmes/all-programmes/tom-dunne/the-would-bes-return-after-20-years-and-maurice-linnane-on-meeting-amy-winehouse-in-dingle/

There are two media players on the page, it’s the one that is labeled ‘Maurice Linnane’

Woah I just checked out where in Ireland Dingle actually is. Even for an country as sparsely populated as Ireland it is remote.

I’ve googled it too and I’ve found this by accident. It’s hearbreaking, but definitely worth reading.
http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/features/2012/0723/1224320622673.html

Thanks for that!

From the article …

Today I am brought back to that black December night in Dingle. Amy lit up our lives, sang the blues and chased the blues away. Music producer Aoife Woodlock told me that, before she left late in the evening, Amy asked to see the sea. “I can smell it, I can hear it but I can’t see it.”

They headed for the harbour. She stood on the pier, arms aloft, her tiny frame rocking in the wind and the rain and shouted to Aoife, “I never felt so free in my life”. After a moment she turned, walked to the bus and headed away into the night. We never saw her again.

FANTASTIC article! Thank you for that :slight_smile:

Thanks, is beautiful!

Thank you Uno and Ladyamy! Great finds.

Dingle is one of my favourite performances+interview, so it’s so nice to hear him talk about it :slight_smile:

I got goosebumps.
Thank you for posting!

God bless amy winehouse.