I have a question concerning Amy’s “prayer beads/rosary” - it’s quite misterious,
has she ever commented on this?
If I’m right it’s rather unusual to wear a rosary around your neck.
Amy’s beads seems to be either the catholic or anglican ones
(hard to say because the pic is not that clear).
There are similar beads in other religions tho: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prayer_beads
Amy used many symbols (tatoos, necklaces, lyrics…)
so I’m sure this little thing was meant to mean something.
Have you got any idea?
I’m not sure, but she was certainly piling them on for a while there! I haven’t thought much about it but I suppose I just assumed it must be related to Blake since she was also wearing a lot of other things related to him at the time, like the locket with his picture. Sort of like she was praying for Blake while he was away?
It was a fashion at the time! I remember doing it myself during those years. She was hanging round with Pete Doherty too who also wore them. Think it was more a fashion statement than a religious statement!
Here in Canada people often wear them. (Not necessarily religion - it became a fad) I think, if I’m not mistaken, that Amy has started wearing a rosary to support her husband who turned into religion in prison. True or false? Because we know we shouldn’t believe everything we read. However, this is possible since she started wearing it at the same time.
Yes, here we have all colors and no matter the religion, it’s fashion. I think it has become a jewelry as another. Personally, I think it’s nice and sometimes I wear too.
I have a few prayer beads that I wear wrapped around my wrists and I own a lot of rosaries, which I often wear. To keep the story short: I don’t wear them as a fashion statement. They do look good (one can pull off the look and another simply can’t) but that’s not the reason why I wear them. I’m not religious but I do believe in a higher power, although that’s not the reason why I decided to wear them. I started wearing a black rosary with a huge cross a while ago because someone I’ve lost gave it to me right before she passed away. The people around me started noticing I was wearing a rosary and that’s when people started giving me rosaries and prayer beads as gifts. Now every piece that I own represents the person who gave it to me. I wear them so it shows that they’re always on my mind. So, if I prayed, you could of said they were in my prayers.
With Amy - you never know. I think she could of looked stunning wearing a potato sack so it definitely does not look bad on her.
this just crossed in my mind, last night I watched “cruel intention” (a Sarah Michelle Gellar movie). In that movie, Sarah played a coke addict, and she always brings a rosary necklace with her (not exactly the same with amy though). But she can filled it with bunch of coke in there.
I hope Amy didn’t do the same thing. please.
That’s interesting - I didn’t know about jewelry rosaries (thank you Tiny Penny and Elsie)
and Blake’s supposedly turning into religion in prison (thanks, Winehouse8327 and what’sinsideher).
And this “cruel intention” thing - thank you, dunkinz -I do hope Amy didn’t do the same!
And Katausa, I think you’re so right: Amy could of looked stunning wearing a potato sack. So true!
Btw you know, what - I’m angry at most of the journalists - “thanks” to them we will never know for example this rosary thing - I read and saw no more than 2 or 3 good interviews with Amy when the journalist was prepared and asked about lyrics and some important and interesting things to get to KNOW something about her. The rest is rubbish cause they watched Amy by stereotypes, didn’t see changes in her and were asking all the same stuff over and over again like “which artists inspired you when you was a teenager” that she had explained million times. And it should have been boring to Amy.