Underrated songs

Are there any songs of Amy’s that you found underrated?

Here’s some I think are underrated

Love Is A Losing Game
Cupid
To Know Him Is To Love Him

Brother
and Wake Up Alone

Just Friends
There Is No Greater Love
Help Yourself

Wake up alone
Just friends

Just Friends
Moody’s Mood
Take The Box
B-)B-)

Definitely “Just Friends” and “Wake Up Alone” (one of the most amazing songs ever written & performed, almost like a gospel song in weird way!)

Although, she sang these songs live, I just feel like the audience never really *got it*. As crazy as I may sound to you guys, it always looks like people are waiting for those songs to be over.

I really agree “Brother” is such a beautiful song. The lyrics are just fantastic. “Love is a losing game” is up there with the great songs of all times. It’s a song I can see many people covering in the future. It’s so simplistic, but it’s what music used to be. It’s literally heart, lovely melody and beautiful vocals. Her cover of “I should Care” is also brilliant. Oh and “What it is”. Very relate-able to a situation I’ve always been in. Love it.

The people not paying attention to those songs are the ones that are all about “Rehab”. That is actually my least favorite song on the album, I usually skip it. I like it, but I like the darker more emotionally raw stuff she usually does. She was fucking amazing.

You sent me flying (this beautiful song deserved much more attention).
Wake up alone
Brother
Love is a losing game
Just Friends

Some Unholy War

Halftime might be a future contender. This song is just beautiful and the reviews hardly mention it.

Moody’s Mood For Love (A classic and her version is really successful)
You Sent Me Flying (God! It has a beauty like Take The Box)
All My Lovin’ (Actually it’s Beatles’ song but Amy’s version’s better I think. Also it’s an unreleased song.)
Long Day (It’s unreleased and gorgeous too.)
When My Eyes (Very good song but studio record’s quality is too low.)

“What Is It About Men” and “Amy Amy Amy”, definitely. By the way, I’ve never see/heard any live performances of these two songs, I don’t know if she ever sang them live, but I would’ve loved to hear that…

“You Sent Me Flying”, I completely agree with you, BlueLight and Tselekoglu!

“Wake Up Alone” I haven’t listened to the original version on “Lioness: Hidden Treasures” yet, but I can’t wait for it. This song’s… when I listen to the first verse, I can literally see, picture her going around the house to keep herself busy and keep her mind off him (and drinking)…

And as far as the covers are concerned, “Moody’s Mood For Love” too for me, definitely!! This song (that I love) is so so difficult to sing, and her rendition of it is absolutely brilliant !!

In my humble opinion, just about every song she recorded is underrated except maybe Rehab. I especially like Long Day, Take the Box, Fools Gold, What It Is, Wake Up Alone, Love Is A Losing Game, Some Unholy War, Procrastination. Also covers like Will You Still love Me Tomorrow. Valerie, Round Midnight, Moody’s Mood, Lullaby of Birdland and of course Song For You. There’s many more that I like, but you get the idea.

Wake Up Alone -the raw version from “Lioness” is just beautiful!

So many songs a like..from the 3 albums ^^

Know you now is also underrated imo.