Without knowing Blake or her father.

I still find it ok to call him a complete douche bag that hasnt done shit for her but be her road buddy. What I dont understand about this guy is why he feels there’s absolutely nothing he can do to make her stop… I dont get it at all. Maybe it’s not my place to get it but how can you watch your spouse be in self destruct mode and not feel like there’s anything you can do to stop her? Maybe he does try. It’s just, how can you watch the person you love do drugs and binge drink?! In a way, I think he loves the attention she gives him. I rememeber at first reading him say crap like “oh, I know she’s in love with me” as if he’s the big catch or something. Her father… How can you sit and watch your daughter slowly self destruct and find absolutely nothing wrong with her? Unabler, much?


and it’s also a known fact that Blake’s whack ass was the coke head. I wouldnt be surprised if he introduced her to it.

:blahblah: Maybe the first part of your statement is the answer. I mean “without knowing”. Why do you assume her father hasn’t done anything? Or Blake for that matter? Little do we know.

you must havent read the article by Amy’s mother.

ok you two above…i see both your points i take it you have both read blakes post he cares for her you can see that and as a partner you want to protect…but i have to add i am slightly worried and dubious of this guys intentions we all like to party but she has a talent that is coming second to THEIR indulgences…and i say they because you cannot put sole blame on blake…he needs to show us that he can help stop both of their repetative patterns hell yes party but please dont overdo it…life is precious and amy you are too what we want to see is less crap in the media and amy happy chilling and on top of her game peace out Amy Winehouse's gig at The Hawley Arms in Camden, Oct. 4, 2010 (7).jpg

don’t know much about Blake, but who knows if he’s doing anything to help her. All I know is the fast life gets the best of people and Amy just might be getting her first hand taste. I hope she can get out of it and go back to being happy or busy without the need of alcohol and drugs. I swear if she starts going down because of it I’m going to go crazy.

where is this article by her mother? i mean we pick and choose our battles and amy did dump alex for blake! but that doesn’t warrant the destruction thats going on. as a husband, a life partner, etc etc you have the duty of guardianship to watch over those you love. was he this much of an asshole to her before? i think he only asked her to marry him because of fame. where is his ex she would know the truth. i’m sad… so sad, cause even lauryn hill didn’t blow up this badly.. well till after she found out rohan was cheating on her. so whats the news? everyday something even more crazy happening. her father has reacted in a parental way and blake brings flowers? whoopity doo, lets get this man shot!

“Without knowing Blake or her father.”

you don’t know shit about the situation. none of us do…so why the judgement?
i get that you’re a fan and you’re concerned for her, but making a post questioning her husband and her father’s motives is kinda fanatic in my humble opinion.

also amy did say “i can’t help you if you won’t help yourself”.

everyone is responsible for their own actions.

i have no idea what amy is going through…nor her father or husband…so i personally think it’s best to reserve judgement because we’re not there front row.

if you hate blake…then so be it.
i’m just saying that we don’t know what’s happening behind the newspaper articles…nah mean?


her mom did say

“She’s reckless, very determined and if she wants to do something she will just do it. No one can stop her once she’s made her mind up but she never thinks of the consequences.”

“She’s tough, like me – I see that as my gift to her.”

“It’s hard and it hurts but I know I can’t help her right now. She’s got to do that for herself and every day I can only hope she’s strong enough to do it.”

______________________
so it’s all in amy’s hands…not blake, or her father or her mum…

and, speaking of less crap in the media, i regret to say Amy was lumped in with the likes of Lohan, Spears, Eminem and a few others in a story on a cable tv show tonight, the subject was Exhaustion or “Exhaustion”, young entertainers these days who use the term too often as a coverup for out of control behavior and/or alcohol and substance abuse issues, thus the quotation marks. They compared them with entertainers 3 times their age-Tony Bennett was one, gigging and recording all year round without any mention of suffering from exhaustion. Aint it the youngsters who are supposed to have more stamina?
Anyway, that was the essence of it. I do hope they give our girl a rest. They DID show clips of her on the red carpet and performing, looking flawless!!!

Anyways, Blake’s or her family’s efforts wouldn’t help much. If you have an addition, you first have to WANT TO break out of it YOURSELF.

playing devils advocate here, i think it’s in our nature to look for someone to blame in these situations. but, it just doesn’t bring any understanding or resolution to the problem(s). I feel for Blake, he’s getting the brunt of it and it’s tough on him.
According to Amy’s mom, seems our girl is impulsive, tough and has a stubborn streak. I’m sure there’s somethin’ in there we can all relate to. So in my opinion, you’re right, it is all in amy’s hands…and I bet she’s gonna be just fine!

yeah I understands Yigo I have a lot of sadness and anger too but I won’t aim it towards her family and Blake..This is natural to ask ourselves questions about the influence of the ones who are close to Amy..But I won’t even presume anything, it just runs through my mind sometimes.. Sorry for the many many mistakes I probably make in my posts, Im not as good in English as in my French :slight_smile:

Unfortunately, I know from experience that you simply can’t help unless your help is accepted. You can scream, cry, prohibit, threaten, hit, hug, ignore, beg, talk till you drop, WHATEVER. It won’t work. You’re trying to help, but that doesn’t mean it’s working. They’re trying alright, they’re just not getting anywhere.

i dont know if it was such a good idea to talk to the tabloids, though. she probably meant well and this was probably her way of venting…but i’m not sure if she’s fully aware of how the media will take this “news” and use it to attack amy some more. [cuz we know they don’t care for her best interests…they just want more flames to add to the fire]

It’s quite patronising that we speak about Amy like she has no clue what she’s doing. It’s clear from her music and her mentality that comes through interviews that she’s more than capable of looking out for herself. The concrete point here is that anything written in any tabloid from which you intend to form judgements on her personal life is worth taking with a pinch of salt. Red tops will always pick on Amy because she isn’t the archetype “pop star”, much like the way they latch onto Lily Allen etc. If, for example, ‘The Sun’ is written for a reading age of four, doesn’t that give you a clue on the extent they have to exaggerate stories to mantain that market’s attention?

I agree. I do think it’s very hard not to come across as patronising; I can imagine that her friends and family, quite understandably, might feel that she doesn’t know what she’s doing.

Im not saying Blake or her father is to blame and Im not blaming them to find some understanding in this whole situation that has been going on with Amy. It’s just, you can sense Blake is an iffy character and her father used to deny that Amy had problems in the past. Maybe he was talking to her on the side but denying it to the papers to protect her in a way. I’ll just never understand how you can allow someone you love to do such harm to themselves in your presence.

i agree with you, she is capable of looking after herself BUT just hasn’t been doing such a great job of late. Amy is the most sought after artist these days and has not been able to rise to the occasion, much to the frustration of many…tardy for gigs, cancellations, intoxicated on stage etc. That’s the stuff that’s out there in black and white from fans who go to gigs. I’m very hopeful for Amy though.
I don’t understand what you mean by “archetype pop star”? scandal free, boring like Beyonce for example? I’ll take Amy any day, tripping and stumbling as she goes through her life, learning …like the rest of us.

Well I was at the infamous Eden Project gig, and although she was clearly not completley “with it”, I still enjoyed myself and her performance. But yes, arguably she hasn’t been doing too well recently but the point I was raising was that it seemed like some of her fans and to some extent tabloids were using Blake or her family as a bit of a scapegoat, rather than to admit Amy’s “problems” were her own. And yeah, by “archetype pop star” I did mean someone like Beyonce, I didn’t mean that was a good thing, I was trying to make the point they are less likely to fabricate/manipulate stories about someone who’s reletively scandal free because people are less likely to buy it than if it’s someone who’s a little different. But at the end of the day, whoever you point the finger at for recent events or whatnot, we’ve all got Amy’s best interests at heart so I guess that all you can do as a fanbase for her. :slight_smile:

and always will!

The most scandalous thing I’ve ever caught Beyonce doing is wear a wig hahaha! Darn those HQ pictures huh! Anyway, word @ the last post!