91 replies to this topic

#1 kevd7

kevd7

Soaked in soul he swims in my eyes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 09 August 2007 - 01:22 AM

this in 28 minutes ago....Telegraph.co.uk what the....????? By Patrick Phelvin Last Updated: 1:53am BST 09/08/2007 Amy Winehouse, the turbulent diva of British pop, has been discharged from hospital after collapsing from a suspected drugs overdose. Amy Winehouse has a reputation for hard drinking The wayward Winehouse, 23, was given an adrenaline shot and had her stomach pumped at London's University College Hospital on Tuesday. She was admitted in the early hours of the morning shortly after being nominated in three categories at the MTV Video Music Awards. The two time Ivor Novello Award winner, who has admitted using cocaine and marijuana, was visited by her husband Blake Fielder-Civil and her father before leaving the hospital via a back entrance on Tuesday evening. This latest set back has meant that Winehouse has had to cancel yet another gig. She was due to perform at the Oya music festival in Oslo, Norway. Organisers were told at the last minute that she had pulled out, and they were given "no explanation". advertisement A spokesman for Island Records said: "Amy Winehouse was admitted to UCLH this morning suffering from severe exhaustion." This is the latest in a string of cancellations by the 23-year-old star. In the past few weeks she has pulled out of T in the Park for what organizers described as "unforeseen circumstances" and Liverpool's Summer Pops, citing illness. The singer, whose biggest hit is Rehab, has a reputation for hard drinking. But in a recent interview, she put her habit of cancelling gigs down to being a perfectionist. "I know it's last-minute and a bit irresponsible. But I'm a perfectionist and would rather reschedule a show than do it half-heartedly," she said.

#2 Lainey

Lainey

Just Friends

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,692 posts

Posted 09 August 2007 - 01:32 AM

WTF????? I will believe it only when her spokeperson says it.

#3 kevd7

kevd7

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 09 August 2007 - 01:43 AM

me too. but the story is very widespread. don't mean it's true though. any UK folks out there, help us out over here pls

#4 tayder

tayder

You Know I'm No Good

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 280 posts

Posted 09 August 2007 - 02:18 AM

oh my lord, has anyone found out if its true or not yet?

#5 tayder

tayder

You Know I'm No Good

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 280 posts

Posted 09 August 2007 - 02:30 AM

i found this article too British pop star Amy Winehouse has sparked fears for her health after she was rushed to the hospital Wednesday morning. The singer - who was nominated for three MTV Video Music Awards on Tuesday - was taken o the University College Hospital (UCLH) in London, suffering from "severe exhaustion." Shane O'Neill, a spokesperson for the star's record label Island/Universal, says, "Amy was admitted to the UCLH this morning, suffering from severe exhaustion." "She was discharged this afternoon and has been advised to take complete rest. All scheduled performances are now postponed." Winehouse initially sparked concerns for her health after canceling a number of concerts last month, citing "exhaustion" and was ordered by doctors to rest.

#6 kevd7

kevd7

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 09 August 2007 - 03:17 AM

from The Times OnLine "Although her management blamed “sheer exhaustion”, there were reports last night that Winehouse, whose best-known hit is titled Rehab, had been taken to casualty after a drug overdose. A spokesman for her record company Island confirmed that Winehouse had been admitted to UCLH yesterday, and said she was “suffering from severe exhaustion”. “Amy was discharged from the hospital this afternoon and has been advised to take complete rest. Scheduled performances in Norway and Denmark this week have been cancelled.” However The Sun reported last night that Winehouse was dragged through the A & E unit’s double doors before collapsing from a drug overdose at 1am. Witnesses told the newspaper that Winehouse, who was believed to be accompanied by her husband, Blake Fielder-Civil, was stumbling around and was rushed straight inside. "

#7 MusicJunky

MusicJunky

You Got To Call The Green Man

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 450 posts

Posted 09 August 2007 - 05:28 AM

ohhh crap. hope its not drug overdose D:

#8 pinkness

pinkness

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 09 August 2007 - 07:16 AM

It's easy to suspect, but none knows the truth except herself..I'm really saddened bY the fact she had to go to a hospital hope it's just for her the need to rest, otherwise I hope no journalist will find a way to complete their comparison to Janis Joplin Let's express our support to Amy in a new thread

#9 sarahbol

sarahbol

I died a hundred times.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,736 posts

Posted 09 August 2007 - 07:27 AM

Ditto.
Drug overdose is the easiest thing they could have come up with.

#10 Mags

Mags

Love is a fate resigned

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,251 posts

Posted 09 August 2007 - 07:38 AM

Oh, i hope if this is true shell take A GOOD long break until she's really doing better.

#11 kylakoolie

kylakoolie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 587 posts

Posted 09 August 2007 - 11:02 AM

I don't mean to rain on your parage but I very much doubt there would have been a trip to A & E for exhaustion. I would have trouble believing the spokesman as there is NO WAY they'd admit to a drugs OD if it were true. Would have too much negative impact. I am hoping that it's not an OD & I hate the fact that the papers over here would absolutley love it if it was. The girl needs to take some time out to REST and detox

#12 CF69

CF69

Noob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 09 August 2007 - 12:19 PM

For fuck's sake, she's a junkie. Stop fooling yourselves.

#13 Moody's Mood

Moody's Mood

You sent me flying

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,118 posts

Posted 09 August 2007 - 01:06 PM

Welcome to the board, glad to have another optimist around.

Anyway, I was expecting this.. It is just SO easy, the media could never let an opportunity like this pass by. All they have to do is write “suspected drug overdose” and she’ll have the label of a druggie stuck on her forever.

#14 kevd7

kevd7

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 09 August 2007 - 02:13 PM

that's way harsh, judgemental and unnecessary. if, and i mean if she is self medicating for whatever her issues might be, i pray she gets the help and support she needs. one thing's for sure...she's got too much work. mother nature rules us all, and when those hormones get outta whack from exhaustion and stress they can lead to serious depression etc. what has it been, nonstop now for 5 months or more? she has the weight of so many now depending on her for work, etc. Rest up Amy

#15 thebronx

thebronx

Noob

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 09 August 2007 - 02:37 PM

It's all about sensationalism. It's easier for them to attach "drug overdose" to amy---because amy is seen in the media as some sort of wild girl. Just like how everyone automatically assumes she's always drunk 24/7. "Today's News, Tomorrow's Fish & Chip Paper"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users