91 replies to this topic

#16 Byron

Byron

I do a 180

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 680 posts

Posted 09 August 2007 - 02:41 PM

Whatever is it, we love you Amy, have a nice rest, take it easy girl. We are all behind you. Get well. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

#17 sarahbol

sarahbol

I died a hundred times.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,736 posts

Posted 09 August 2007 - 03:22 PM

Whatever is it, we love you Amy, have a nice rest, take it easy girl.
We are all behind you.
Get well.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Exactly.

It doesn't really matter to me if this is because of drugs or not, I just want her to be ok.

#18 Kajay

Kajay

No sweeter song, no heart so true

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 532 posts

Posted 09 August 2007 - 03:36 PM

I feel so sorry for her. She probably drinks too much because she has incredibly low self-esteem, and I don’t think she believes she is physically attractive (even though she is, and is more so because she has a lovely personality). This combined with all the publicity she gets, good and bad, is not a good thing for someone , who I am guessing is very emotionally insecure. The attention she has been getting since making it big, together with getting back with Blake, and marrying him (after he left her previously for another woman), she must be so stressed/elated/anxious that she probably doesn’t feel like eating too much. If she drinks alcohol and take drugs (if that is true) more than she eats, then she would be putting a huge strain upon her body and mental health. Also, her fame at this time must be a huge pressure on her.

While everyone confirms her fantastic voice and song writing, perhaps she doesn't feel loved for herself. Emotionally, she seems fragile, but gives out this "couldn't give a fuck" attitude. But I think she really does, and acts a lot braver than what she is. She gets massive attention for her singing and performance. But probably needs even more attention and confirmation of love for just being “Amy” from the only person (at this moment) that she needs more than any of her fans, and that is Blake her husband. You could be loved by thousands of strangers, but it would mean absolutely nothing to you, if you are not sure of the love from the one and only person you really love!

Insecurity is damaging to a relationship. She will need Blake’s support and reassurance of his love more than ever, because of the reason for the previous split,with him leaving her for another woman. I wonder if she has got over her hurt from it. Does she think he will do it again? Does she really trust him? Why did he leave her for this other woman? She will really need for him to love her, and will be concentrating more on his approval of her, and maybe worrying he will leave her again, for whatever reasons he left her for before. Proving his commitment and love will be very important. If she isn't totally confident in Blake’s love for her, then she will give him a tough time, and this will be very hard for him too, because he will have to constantly assure her of his love. If she doesn't believe him, he may get tired of her doubts about him, and could back away from her. If she believes he doesn’t love her as much as she loves/needs him, then this could be one of the reasons for her behaviour when drunk. I wonder if he can prove he does love her totally for herself, and not just the Amy that thousands of fans see and love her for? She would wonder if the reasons he left her the first time, would still be a valid reason to leave her again.

I personally think anyone who takes alcohol and drugs excessively are trying to forget/mask problems in their life, and don't have a lot of confidence on the inside. They have this artificial confidence when drinking and taking drugs. They probably feel confident and loved initially. When it wears off they become paranoid and feel unloved and insecure. Then there are people who become paranoid the more alcohol they drink, and their insecurities and resentments become even bigger and disturbing. Amy maybe one of these people, and I would not be surprised if she gave Blake a hard time because of this. She may drink to try to stop feeling that way, but not realise it makes her worse, or maybe this is the only way she can voice her hurt and resentments.

When people break up in a relationship, then get back together, the initial reunion is exhilarating. Then slowly but surely, the reasons for which they split for in the first place start to appear again, this is when they need to face up to them and try and sort them. Some people have counselling. I speak from experience and this happened to me and my husband after a few years together. After the initial second honeymoon period after getting back together, the reason's we split up for in the first place came sneaking back into the relationship. We were on the verge of splitting up again. We decided we loved each other enough to try counselling. Fortunately, this saved our relationship. It helped us understand why we reacted to each others behaviour and certain situations. I used to think if was all my husbands fault, when I realised it was part my fault too! He learnt the same thing. If we hadn't had counselling, we would not be together now. It made us take a step back and look at each other in a different way and be more understanding and tolerant of each other. We learnt to understand each other for the first time, and (touch wood) we are still happy together after 17 years. I believe Amy and Blake are happy at this time. But, they maybe looking through “Rose-tinted” glasses at each other, and when they take them off, the problems will be still be there to see.

If Amy's reasons for her hospital visit were drug or alcohol related. There will be a reason for her over indulging in alcohol or drugs. If she were really happy in her life as she says she is then she wouldn’t be behaving in this self destructive way. She would really benefit from going to Rehab, or even counselling and even more so if Blake went with her to support her, and I‘ll bet their past relationship problems will be part of Amy‘s problem now. She may see Rehab or counselling as an admission of weakness and embarrassment, but until she realises that it can only help her understand herself and behaviour, then I fear she is heading for a breakdown, that’s if she already hasn’t had one this week!

These are only my thoughts, and only Amy knows why she is doing what she is doing. But I see things in her behaviour and the way she talks about Blake, that make me worry for her.

I just hope somebody can help her get back on track, and the only one who she will want to help her is Blake. Is he up to it I wonder, I really hope so!

#19 Moody's Mood

Moody's Mood

You sent me flying

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,118 posts

Posted 09 August 2007 - 03:50 PM

hahahah nice essay! :D A lot of it is just speculation though, but I must admit I have theories of my own too. I study psychology and honestly can't help but (over)analyse things like this. I personally think that all the self-destructive behaviours are nothing but symptoms. That's why I don't believe rehab would work. Rehab would get her to stop drinking, for a while, but it doesn't do anything about the reason why she started drinking in the first place. Plus it wouldn't make her stop doing other self-destructive things either. That's why I'd rather see her talk to a shrink than go to rehab. A combination of both would probably be best. But we can only guess what the underlying problem is/problems are.

#20 Kajay

Kajay

No sweeter song, no heart so true

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 532 posts

Posted 09 August 2007 - 03:53 PM

I know, once I get started there is no stopping me lol But seriously, yes I think she should see a counsellor, if only she realised how it could help her! I also remember seeing an interview, where she said she did go to Rehab, but after a few minutes she realised that she wasn't an alcoholic, just depressed because of her relationship problems, and that's why she was drinking. So she really needs to have her relationship problems sorted!

#21 Lainey

Lainey

Just Friends

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,692 posts

Posted 09 August 2007 - 05:11 PM

That's why I don't believe rehab would work. Rehab would get her to stop drinking, for a while, but it doesn't do anything about the reason why she started drinking in the first place.

Very true - I believe that rehab has a 65% failure rate. Personally, I think if you want to stop drinking, then you just do it. As you said, it does not address the reasons you drink in the first place.

#22 Lainey

Lainey

Just Friends

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,692 posts

Posted 09 August 2007 - 05:14 PM

However The Sun reported last night that Winehouse was dragged through the A & E unit’s double doors before collapsing from a drug overdose at 1am.

Witnesses told the newspaper that Winehouse, who was believed to be accompanied by her husband, Blake Fielder-Civil, was stumbling around and was rushed straight inside. "

Great. Poor Amy :tears:

#23 catswithpokers

catswithpokers

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 09 August 2007 - 05:18 PM

http://www.thesun.co...7360754,00.html http://crunktastical.blogspot.com/ >>>>>>>>>>>>. scroll down to fallout girl http://www.bossip.com/ scroll down to not so blind item. it makes so sad and moves me to anger. what is the problem? friends say its only been worse since marrying blake? is her mum alive? what is her dad saying? i'm so worried about her.

#24 sarahbol

sarahbol

I died a hundred times.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,736 posts

Posted 09 August 2007 - 05:43 PM

I personally think that all the self-destructive behaviours are nothing but symptoms. That's why I don't believe rehab would work. Rehab would get her to stop drinking, for a while, but it doesn't do anything about the reason why she started drinking in the first place. Plus it wouldn't make her stop doing other self-destructive things either. That's why I'd rather see her talk to a shrink than go to rehab. A combination of both would probably be best. But we can only guess what the underlying problem is/problems are.

True. Drinking, selfharm (or drugs) isn't what's really wrong. There's a reason why she's doing it. I think it is always like that, for anyone. Talking to someone professional can help, if she wants it, because from my own experiences I know that it can turn you even more into a wreck as well. Hopefully after this incident she'll realise that something has to change. Maybe someone needs to tell her this, if they haven't yet. Someone should tell her to think about why these things are happening. Just saying that she has to quit the drinking isn't going to help. She probably knows at least some of the underlying problems, but maybe she's pushing them away. As much as it may hurt, she will have to face it one day. That's the only way out.

I wish I could just go to her, give her a big hug and tell her everything's going to be ok...

#25 SallyParadise

SallyParadise

I am the lizard-queen!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 09 August 2007 - 06:13 PM

it makes so sad and moves me to anger. what is the problem? friends say its only been worse since marrying blake? is her mum alive? what is her dad saying? i'm so worried about her.

Her mum is alive - but her parents are divorced since Amy was nine I think. What shall Dad say? I suppose same as we do. According to "Rehab"s lyrics he thought she was "ok". I don't think that's applicable anymore. :cry:

Referring to Blake's role pls. read the other thread: http://www.amywineho...id=6467#pid6467

#26 SallyParadise

SallyParadise

I am the lizard-queen!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 09 August 2007 - 06:23 PM

Byronjones Wrote:
Whatever is it, we love you Amy, have a nice rest, take it easy girl.
We are all behind you.
Get well.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Exactly.

It doesn't really matter to me if this is because of drugs or not, I just want her to be ok.

:worship: AMEN, Sweethearts :thumbup:

I wouldn't repeat that if I would not have diminutive hope that she might read all that and feel the love and support we have for her :kiss:

LOVE YOU AMY-DEAR!!!

#27 SallyParadise

SallyParadise

I am the lizard-queen!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 09 August 2007 - 06:31 PM

For fuck's sake, she's a junkie. Stop fooling yourselves.

that's way harsh, judgemental and unnecessary. .....

"CF69"?? hahaha...Lilly Allen, take off your mask! :eek:

#28 Lestrange

Lestrange

You Got To Call The Green Man

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 445 posts

Posted 09 August 2007 - 06:48 PM

"CF69"?? hahaha...Lilly Allen, take off your mask! :eek:

Lmao! Sally, you're a absolute legend lol

Back to the serious topic ...

My best friend woke me up this morning texting me about this. I am concerned. It was on the radio aswell ... apparently her people are saying it's exhaustion but the papers say it's overdose. But like kylakoolie pointed out, she wouldn't be in A&E for exhaustion ...

Either way, I hope she's alright. Whatever is the matter with her she really needs a rest from it all, I hope she does.

She knows all us fans are behind her, as long as she's ok, that's what matters :)

(ps Kajay, I think your essay's completely accurate, nice one)

#29 tayder

tayder

You Know I'm No Good

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 280 posts

Posted 09 August 2007 - 08:46 PM

even if it was a drug over dose or something, theres nothing we can do, but hope she gets better. i mean who are we to say she should go to a clinic or rehab, or a counceler. do we know her personally? no. just hope she gets better, and be her fan, cause outside of this forum, theres nothing we can do about it.

#30 kevd7

kevd7

Soaked in soul he swims in my eyes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 09 August 2007 - 08:56 PM

enjoyed reading your post, Kajay. thanks for sharing your personal story, helps to humanize what may be going on with Amy. as a child of the 60's and 70's, i was very lucky to have not been a casualty of it all like so many of my music heroes. you drink and drug 'cause you got problems, then you got problems 'cause you're drinkin and druggin. it's a viscious cycle. Amy seems tormented on some level, and i really hope/pray she gets through this in one piece

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users