91 replies to this topic

#31 sarahbol

sarahbol

I died a hundred times.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,736 posts

Posted 09 August 2007 - 08:57 PM

i mean who are we to say she should go to a clinic or rehab, or a counceler. do we know her personally? no. just hope she gets better, and be her fan

Yes... All we can do is hope she gets better, stick with her and support her.

#32 graduatedfool

graduatedfool

I said, "No, No, No"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 09 August 2007 - 09:35 PM

Oh. I've just crawled out of my cave. All this commotion! Whatever the truth may be, I really hope Amy feels better soon.

#33 Little Legs

Little Legs

Kleine Beentjes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,250 posts

Posted 09 August 2007 - 10:11 PM

I have just watched a whole thing on this story on the news!!! So some of it must be true . . . I hope she gets better soon!!!

#34 Moody's Mood

Moody's Mood

You sent me flying

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,118 posts

Posted 09 August 2007 - 10:42 PM

even if it was a drug over dose or something, theres nothing we can do, but hope she gets better. i mean who are we to say she should go to a clinic or rehab, or a counceler. do we know her personally? no. just hope she gets better, and be her fan, cause outside of this forum, theres nothing we can do about it.

Agreed. I was talking in general. We don't know what's best for her, let's just hope she knows.

#35 thebronx

thebronx

Noob

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 10 August 2007 - 03:59 AM

i love how everyone is trying to diagnose amy....so lame. it's all speculation....i just hope for the best and wish her well!

#36 kevd7

kevd7

Soaked in soul he swims in my eyes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 10 August 2007 - 04:56 AM

i love how everyone is trying to diagnose amy....so lame. it's all speculation....i just hope for the best and wish her well!

oops, the heavy hand of judgement has just landed. maybe it is projection or whatever, but it's coming from a genuine place of concern so i dont think there's anything wrong with that. it's about the feeling, a fan for a cherished artist. that's what comes through for me anyway...

#37 shae

shae

Noob

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 10 August 2007 - 05:10 AM

Wishing much love and many blessings to Amy. I hope she gets things sorted out soon.

#38 good*freakin*times

good*freakin*times

My alcoholic logic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 676 posts

Posted 10 August 2007 - 06:18 AM

Whatever is it, we love you Amy, have a nice rest, take it easy girl.
We are all behind you.
Get well.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

#39 MusicJunky

MusicJunky

You Got To Call The Green Man

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 450 posts

Posted 10 August 2007 - 06:51 AM

Praying for you Amy.

#40 Mags

Mags

Love is a fate resigned

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,251 posts

Posted 10 August 2007 - 09:24 PM

Very true - I believe that rehab has a 65% failure rate. Personally, I think if you want to stop drinking, then you just do it. As you said, it does not address the reasons you drink in the first place.

You ever been to rehab? Cos the program usually has therapy and its part of the treatment to work out the reasons why people drink/take drugs/starve themselves.

Well, its not just speculation. Amys been diagnosed a bipolar, shes said A LOT about her demons and addictions and just look at her and things she does...

#41 kevd7

kevd7

Soaked in soul he swims in my eyes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 10 August 2007 - 09:27 PM

here's the latest from her publicist "Winehouse's U.S. label, Universal, declined comment yesterday. However, Tracey Miller, a Winehouse publicist, said all the British reports were incorrect, though also declined to disclose Winehouse's actual location. "As you can imagine there are a million different stories floating around out there at the moment," Miller wrote in an email to Newsday. "The truth is she is exhausted... The past year's schedule for her has been overwhelming to say the least." Miller noted that Winehouse's U.S. tour, which includes a stop at Central Park's SummerStage on Sept. 12, is still on schedule, adding, "The important thing for her right now is to get some uninterrupted rest." " AMEN to that!!

#42 Mags

Mags

Love is a fate resigned

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,251 posts

Posted 10 August 2007 - 09:31 PM

Thanks for the update kevd7!

True. Drinking, selfharm (or drugs) isn't what's really wrong. There's a reason why she's doing it. I think it is always like that, for anyone. Talking to someone professional can help, if she wants it, because from my own experiences I know that it can turn you even more into a wreck as well. Hopefully after this incident she'll realise that something has to change. Maybe someone needs to tell her this, if they haven't yet. Someone should tell her to think about why these things are happening. Just saying that she has to quit the drinking isn't going to help. She probably knows at least some of the underlying problems, but maybe she's pushing them away. As much as it may hurt, she will have to face it one day. That's the only way out.

I wish I could just go to her, give her a big hug and tell her everything's going to be ok...

Couldnt put it better!

Got my experiences of councelling and i think shes gonna need somethign like that sooner or later.

#43 Little Legs

Little Legs

Kleine Beentjes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,250 posts

Posted 10 August 2007 - 10:04 PM

I have read loads of things on the internet now on this story and am really fed up with the stupid little jokes being made about it!!! Like now . . . Im watching the Friday Night Project and they keep making jokes about Amy . . . I dont find it funny!!! Whats happened is nothing to laugh about . . . I just hope she gets better soon!!! To me it doesnt matter what caused it (drink, drugs etc) but just as long as Amy is well i dont really mind what she gets up to as long as she is well and happy!!! (well thats my little outburst over!) GET WELL SOON AMY

#44 Moody's Mood

Moody's Mood

You sent me flying

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,118 posts

Posted 10 August 2007 - 10:44 PM

Yeah like I said before, there will be (rehab) jokes. They'll be corny, but they'll be everywhere. I personally have a serious aversion against the tabloids and, well.. any kind of so called news source that has no moral and no sympathy for any person they write about. I don't think a lot of 'journalists' realise what they do to the people they write about. They'd do anything for a sensational story and I think it's absolutely pathetic. I'd hate being famous. And I genuinely hate what they do to celebs. I mean, what kind of person are you?! I'd never pick a paycheck over the course of life of another person. They're not just celebs, they're people, and the stories written about them have a major impact on their lives. Fuck, I'm ranting. Had a brew to many (my dad's birthday, no rehab needed). Haha I'll shut up now :blushing:

#45 Lainey

Lainey

Just Friends

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,692 posts

Posted 10 August 2007 - 11:41 PM

I have read loads of things on the internet now on this story and am really fed up with the stupid little jokes being made about it!!! Like now . . . Im watching the Friday Night Project and they keep making jokes about Amy . . . I dont find it funny!!!
Whats happened is nothing to laugh about . . . I just hope she gets better soon!!!

Little Legs - I couldn't agree more. Who do they think they are? The Friday night project is pathetically unfunny anyway - it's painful to watch. If they have to get laughs out of Amy being sick, then that says more about them than it does about Amy. Lame.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users