#16 AmyliciousEU

AmyliciousEU

I rather f*k up then fake

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 563 posts

Posted 15 November 2007 - 12:24 AM

O.K Maybe I'm glad I didnt go!

Did she put in any performances that were good?

Yes, in Amsterdam it was verry good! It was only a little short, but the concert was amazing, so it didn't matter that it was short, andd she looked good

#17 Jayne

Jayne

Never miss a night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,943 posts

Posted 15 November 2007 - 12:28 AM

I've got tickets for Manchester and I don't want to go and see a performance like this, I don't want to witness someone falling apart onstage I'd rather stay at home and watch the DVD.

#18 AmyliciousEU

AmyliciousEU

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 563 posts

Posted 15 November 2007 - 12:31 AM

I've got tickets for Manchester and I don't want to go and see a performance like this, I don't want to witness someone falling apart onstage I'd rather stay at home and watch the DVD.

i'm now watching the DVD, just to see that she's feeling rather good on this show, interacting with the audience and give away an amazing gig... Can't wait till Amy is back to herself and that she can give this good performances again...

#19 ILLEGALL

ILLEGALL

ergo sum of illuminati

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,703 posts

Posted 15 November 2007 - 12:33 AM

well its 3 weeks, i think, 'til we go the the manchester gig
so either we'll knw before whether or not it will be postponed
or whether she has gotten her head in gear
i dont want to she her give a shitty performance live either if she's not in the right frame of mind to be onstage and to hold the attention of a full sold out venue
mainly because id feel so sorry for her for being up there on stage
it would be like she was lying down waiting for the kicking the press will give her
and she really doesnt need any of that right now

#20 AmyliciousEU

AmyliciousEU

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 563 posts

Posted 15 November 2007 - 12:40 AM

it would be like she was lying down waiting for the kicking the press will give her
and she really doesnt need any of that right now

The press is just waiting for this kind of opportunities to write negative sh*&t about her, they're only bashing her because of her PRIVATE life, instead of being positive about her being a amazing artist! I got the feeling that they want to torn her apart, it's just to much! They have to leave her alone!

But that's just dreaming... They won't... *^&*(%*^$#

#21 ILLEGALL

ILLEGALL

ergo sum of illuminati

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,703 posts

Posted 15 November 2007 - 12:44 AM

thats what the press are like
they will build you up and build you up, just watch you fall
its happened with too many people, lindsay lohan, britney spears, now our little lady

#22 Jayne

Jayne

Never miss a night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,943 posts

Posted 15 November 2007 - 12:46 AM

Some photos from Birmingham here:

http://photo.wenn.co...107&version=int

#23 Jayne

Jayne

Never miss a night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,943 posts

Posted 15 November 2007 - 12:49 AM

The Times Review:

Even by her normal soap-opera standards, this last fortnight has been unusually turbulent for Amy Winehouse.

As the 24-year-old singer launched her biggest British tour to date in Birmingham last night, her headline-grabbing husband, Blake Fielder-Civil, languished behind bars on charges of attempting to pervert the course of justice in an assault trial.

At the close of a tumultuous year of dramatic arrests, drug confessions, public fights and family strife, has life in the limelight tamed the rehab queen of British pop? No, no, no.

After much tense preshow speculation about whether she would even turn up in Birmingham, Winehouse finally teetered onstage almost an hour late and downed the first of many drinks by the end of the first number.

She was dressed in a skimpy, shiny top and tight black skirt and her magnificent beehive squatted on top of her tiny head like a huge dead octopus.

Even if she didn’t possess one of the most distinctive voices in modern pop, the singer is a fabulously exotic creature, with more than a dash of drag queen. Just a shade away from surreal sketch-show parody, she was more Ronni Ancona than Ronnie Spector.

Comparisons have inevitably been drawn between Winehouse’s wild wobbles and the slow-motion car crash that is Pete Doherty’s career. But the crucial difference is that Winehouse has more than enough intoxicating tunes to justify all manner of diva antics, plus a brilliant voice full of grainy yearning and battered pride – even if, in Birmingham, she sounded a little more sullen and slurred than usual.

Another key distinction is that, unlike Doherty, the North London siren appears to have gained extra career momentum from her backstage troubles, rather than being ravaged and hobbled by them. A few weeks before this sold-out tour began, her Back to Black album was confirmed as the biggest-selling British release of 2007.

Meanwhile, superstar fans including Prince, George Michael and Missy Elliott are queuing up to work with her.

In fact, it could be argued that Winehouse’s bad-girl antics have added an extra dash of Edith Piaf-style authenticity to all those fabulously overcooked 1950s tramp-vamp lyrics about bruised hearts, toxic addictions, men behaving badly and women behaving worse. There was certainly an electric charge when she pointedly added “nothing’s gonna bring my husband back” to the tragic drama-queen stomp of Back to Black. She later dedicated a clutch of heartbroken ballads to Fielder-Civil and, at several points, appeared to be weeping into the microphone.

For all these churning emotions, this was not a classic show. Clearly the troubled chanteuse has other things on her mind, but the size of the venue also appeared to overwhelm her at times. The fetchingly sloppy, intimate delivery that works a treat in smaller clubs does not translate well to arenas, and some of her bouncy retro-soul hits fell a little flat.

Winehouse is a true star and a singular talent. But maybe next time, for everyone’s sake, there should be a little more drama onstage rather than off.

http://entertainment...icle2873579.ece

#24 Lainey

Lainey

Just Friends

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,692 posts

Posted 15 November 2007 - 12:53 AM

Thanks for posting Jayne. I agree with the writer, I don't think Amy's style is suited for arenas at all. I think Shepherd's Bush looked like the perfect size venue (or a small, intimate club, ideally).

#25 AmyliciousEU

AmyliciousEU

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 563 posts

Posted 15 November 2007 - 12:53 AM

Winehouse is a true star and a singular talent. But maybe next time, for everyone’s sake, there should be a little more drama onstage rather than off.

:worship:

#26 ILLEGALL

ILLEGALL

ergo sum of illuminati

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,703 posts

Posted 15 November 2007 - 12:57 AM

ive said before on numerous occasions she shouldnt even try to go for the arena thing its not her at all she is one of tose smokey jazz and blues club singers that need a small stage, small room with perfect acoustics

the review actually doesn slate her, which shocked me, but points out the fact she having an off time and highlights what a talent she is

but most people dont read the times and will be more than likely to believe the thesaurus-ised shite they read in the sun

#27 Lainey

Lainey

Just Friends

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,692 posts

Posted 15 November 2007 - 01:00 AM

^ I was just thinking the same thing - this review made me feel a little bit better - tomorrow will tell the full story. I'm staying away from the tabs these days - I should have known that anyone posting on Perez Hilton's website would not be full of positivity.

#28 ILLEGALL

ILLEGALL

ergo sum of illuminati

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,703 posts

Posted 15 November 2007 - 01:06 AM

I should have known that anyone posting on Perez Hilton's website would not be full of positivity.

even perez aint, and he claims to be a 'friend' of some of the people he posts about
yet he'll often join in by sticking the knife in also, if not being the first
i cant stand him, he's a hippocrite and people who feed his ego by claiming their love for him, well im not gonna start ranting lol

#29 Sheila

Sheila

Noob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 November 2007 - 01:12 AM

The venue size is no excuse for throwing microphones stands , swearing and spitting at the audience

#30 kevd7

kevd7

Soaked in soul he swims in my eyes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 15 November 2007 - 02:45 AM

gosh, i just don't know what to say. Amy must have all the power when it comes to making these appearances because what kind of management would let her take the stage and perform disgracefully. The Times review seemed very kind compared to what attendees are saying. I'm a true blue fan but would probably have been the first to walk out. I am so embarrassed for Amy and feel very badly for those in attendance who paid with their hard earned money to see one of the greatest talents to come around in years fall flat on her face, if that's in fact what happened. I love her, but these are my thoughts. This has got to stop!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users