i love the album, got a few fave tracks on there

#62 kevd7

kevd7

Soaked in soul he swims in my eyes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 28 November 2007 - 04:12 PM

i sometimes think, what if the two of them become the next Whitney and Bobby? That went on for years, Whitney disappeared from the scene all together, nobody would work with her and she could of cared less about her career. it was so hard to watch an interview she did years ago, obviously high, responding to allegations that she was into coke and responding indignantly, "crack is whack". selfish of me perhaps, and maybe outa line, but it's my hope that Amy comes to realize she won't get better with her husband around. i don't think co dependant relationships are healthy and they seem to have one big time.

#63 Guest_blakmamba76_*

Guest_blakmamba76_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 November 2007 - 04:18 PM

Whitney and Bobby, Sid and Nancy very draining symbiotic toxic....her relationships define her, Black to Black is one big definition of who she had become after a painful relationship, haven't you noticed?

#64 kevd7

kevd7

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 29 November 2007 - 03:39 PM

i don't know about bringing Sid and Nancy into this, but I think the paralells between Whitney and Amy are too glaring to ignore. Bad relationship choices that had devastating consequences on their health and careers. I would say that someone whose personal identity is so defined by any relationship spells trouble. Amy is very young, and maybe some day she'll come to the realization that you can't look to anyone else for your own personal happiness.
Several songs on B2B provide an amazing journey into her inner life at a paticular time in her life. The three adjectives you use above seem to characterize what's followed with respest to her relationship, in my opinion. I would add needy to the list as well. I do love her, and hope she finds her way out of co dependancy and into a truely loving relationship.

#65 ILLEGALL

ILLEGALL

ergo sum of illuminati

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,703 posts

Posted 29 November 2007 - 03:53 PM

my worst fear is to end up in such a relationship, i know i become really, like really really, attatched to people over time, and the longer it goes on the more i feel like i NEED them in my life, which is the only reason i can put down to my self destructive behaviour when things get too serious or heavy, i need to not end up in that situation so i fuck it up royally, on purpose

#66 kevd7

kevd7

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 29 November 2007 - 04:00 PM

we've all done it Lee, I know I have. there's an old tune that goes something like, " i can be happy, i can be sad, i can be good or bad...it all depends on you". not a good place to be, and certainly not fair to the other person!!!

#67 Guest_blakmamba76_*

Guest_blakmamba76_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 November 2007 - 07:27 PM

i don't know about bringing Sid and Nancy into this, but I think the paralells between Whitney and Amy are too glaring to ignore. Bad relationship choices that had devastating consequences on their health and careers. I would say that someone whose personal identity is so defined by any relationship spells trouble. Amy is very young, and maybe some day she'll come to the realization that you can't look to anyone else for your own personal happiness.
Several songs on B2B provide an amazing journey into her inner life at a paticular time in her life. The three adjectives you use above seem to characterize what's followed with respest to her relationship, in my opinion. I would add needy to the list as well. I do love her, and hope she finds her way out of co dependancy and into a truely loving relationship.

The point is they are draining each other (as co-dependcy does)...but it is up to them to sort this out. No one else, not father, mother, sister, or brother. I was with a man that no one cared for but me and he ripped my guts out and put it on display and still I did not leave, I was too busy fighting against all who said it wouldn't last.

Plus I had to learn to love myself. There are many of us who are plain scared to love ourselves so hook up with pimps or become superwoman (or mommy) to prove our love to others instead of looking within.

It's gotta run it's course.

You and I are older Kev, so you and I know we don't have time for that type of bullsh... (unless you're young and wise;))

#68 kevd7

kevd7

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 29 November 2007 - 08:53 PM

you're right, Tam. time does teach these lessons, and they are hard, painfully learned ones. Amy is on her journey and we are powerless to do anything but stand on the sidelines and watch. I wish her all the best!!!! And, thanks so much for always sharing a part of your own journey here. It means alot to me and I'm sure others as well.

#69 Guest_blakmamba76_*

Guest_blakmamba76_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 November 2007 - 09:04 PM

Thanks and your welcome Kev! But yes we can only watch and wait. I wish her the best as well! From the bottom of my heart!!!!

#70 Kajay

Kajay

No sweeter song, no heart so true

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 532 posts

Posted 29 November 2007 - 09:22 PM

I would say that someone whose personal identity is so defined by any relationship spells trouble. Amy is very young, and maybe some day she'll come to the realization that you can't look to anyone else for your own personal happiness......

...... I would add needy to the list as well.

So very true Kev!

Depending on someone for your own happiness will not work. You have to accept yourself and love yourself, before you can understand and love somebody. Neediness is is lack of self confidence, and can be very unattractive. It is also often mistaken for love.

#71 Kajay

Kajay

No sweeter song, no heart so true

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 532 posts

Posted 29 November 2007 - 09:31 PM

Plus I had to learn to love myself. There are many of us who are plain scared to love ourselves so hook up with pimps or become superwoman (or mommy) to prove our love to others instead of looking within.

Been there got the t-shirt, threw it away when I learned to love my self, and changed my reaction and attitude to negativity in my life. Gradually, the negativity changed to positivity.

#72 Guest_blakmamba76_*

Guest_blakmamba76_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 November 2007 - 09:37 PM

I hear ya! Somethings I remember some I don't, but I know bullshit when I see/hear it and know enough to cross the street when I see crazy coming. Her songs make me reminisce though....

#73 Guest_blakmamba76_*

Guest_blakmamba76_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 November 2007 - 09:45 PM

my worst fear is to end up in such a relationship, i know i become really, like really really, attatched to people over time, and the longer it goes on the more i feel like i NEED them in my life, which is the only reason i can put down to my self destructive behaviour when things get too serious or heavy, i need to not end up in that situation so i fuck it up royally, on purpose

Always alway always (I can't stress it enough) be honest with yourself! and the other person. Nothing to fear but fear itself!

We all want what we cannot have.;)

#74 ILLEGALL

ILLEGALL

ergo sum of illuminati

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,703 posts

Posted 01 December 2007 - 10:33 AM

it appears before she called everything off she had some good promo spots lined up heading the release of the single
looking through a tv guide today it says she will be a guest on the jonathan ross show, on friday the 7th, along side renne zellweger, seinfeild and bill oddie, but internet tv guides show no sign of her, but instead new artist adele
shame, would really have liked to see her do the JR show again

#75 AmyWinehouse

AmyWinehouse

Noob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 01 December 2007 - 04:17 PM

That sucked, was spose to be going to Bournemouth and found out luckily an hour before hand that it had been cancelled! Guess it's the best thing for her to get some rest and sort herself out.
Was annoyed before i heard that she'd appologised and then i didn't mind. I feel so sorry for her apart from what other people say.
x

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users